2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You really should make it a point one year to come over during the holiday time. Weather is still warm in the day and cool in the evening and the seeing all the holiday stuff really does make it that much more magical
I just booked ten nights at Portofino early December 2018 for my first Orlando Holiday season trip. Seems like there's finally enough at Universal, Christmas wise, to make a trip down. I booked early just in case rates go up and availability gets tight like has happened during HHN. Booked May at Portofino also. Just love that resort.

Saw the castle show last night. Very well done in my opinion!

I’ve never really seen IoA at night, so I really enjoyed that aspect as well.

I thought the parks in general were pretty crowded, i’ve been in worse, but maybe I did not expect this level. It seemed like mostly first timers at these parks, lots of international visitors, and a rather uncomfortable number of strollers (I’ve not been one to bash strollers, but i’m just not sure these parks have the room for that type of traffic).

You really should make it a point one year to come over during the holiday time. Weather is still warm in the day and cool in the evening and the seeing all the holiday stuff really does make it that much more magical

I am mulling :cheers::lol:) it over for 2019. A ways to go but Im already locked in for next year so 2019 would be the earliest opportunity.

Will be strange packing a jacket for Orlando though LOL, saying that I could have done with one in April, I was cold then, luckily Dave rescued me with a HP fleece he found in the trunk :)

I am mulling :cheers::lol:) it over for 2019. A ways to go but Im already locked in for next year so 2019 would be the earliest opportunity.

Will be strange packing a jacket for Orlando though LOL, saying that I could have done with one in April, I was cold then, luckily Dave rescued me with a HP fleece he found in the trunk :)
Did you give the HP fleece back to Dave, or did you conveniently forget, and smuggle it into the UK? ;):lol:

Here's some video I got at the media preview of Aiello talking about Christmas in The Wizarding World and the projection show. Also, here are some photos of my favorite decorations around the two lands. I really love how each storefront has its own style and uses things that make sense for it in-story. They did an amazing job, not only keeping it in-story, but keeping it looking classy (especially for all those guests visiting the lands for the first time.)

P1130852.jpg

P1130850.jpg

P1130859.jpg

P1130862.jpg

P1130857.jpg

P1130819.jpg

P1130814.jpg

P1130813.jpg

P1130805.jpg

P1130822.jpg

P1130824.jpg

P1130808.jpg

It's funny to me that Gringotts has the least elaborate garland. Clearly the goblins are trying to save a buck, and unlike the smaller stores, did not go overboard. They used an efficient amount of decor. Nothing more.

That is... not at all true.
Even DHS you'd find it hard pressed to do everything there is to do there in one day. Not defending DHS, just using it as an example of not being able to do everything in one day as @AliciaStella was saying. The amount of shows at DHS almost prohibits the possibility of seeing everything.

Reactions: Alicia
So... in regards to crowds, how bad is Universal over Christmas week? (12/24-30) We will be down to visit my son in Disney for the holiday and would like to spend at least 1 day or 2 in Uni. I know MK is a madhouse and we will have to arrive at rope drop to get in, but how are the crowds at Uni, aside from Hogsmeade? (Grinchmas/Macys). If its the same level of crazy, I may opt not to go.

So... in regards to crowds, how bad is Universal over Christmas week? (12/24-30) We will be down to visit my son in Disney for the holiday and would like to spend at least 1 day or 2 in Uni. I know MK is a madhouse and we will have to arrive at rope drop to get in, but how are the crowds at Uni, aside from Hogsmeade? (Grinchmas/Macys). If its the same level of crazy, I may opt not to go.
Not nearly as bad as MK. This year will be busier than the past though. It's a great time to stay at one of the on-site resorts that includes free unlimited Express, that's for sure. But finding a spot for the parade is a heck of a lot easier at Universal than Disney, even the week of Christmas. I usually go to Universal on my birthday (Dec 21st) and still have a blast.

Parks at both Universal & Disney have real long lines today....Stand By lines at 2:30 PM...Gringotts two hours. Flight of Passage four hours. Navii River Journey two hours.