Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

Comparing Thomson to Virgin Holidays. Thomson is about a £1000 cheaper and comes with a $100 resort credit which is probably better than the lounge.

I think the idea of staying at Disney is dead in the water. Comparing the hotels, there is no doubt that Universal is the better option.

Looks good from there, but not so crazy about what it's doing from other sightlines....

well, this thing is everywhere.....

37714163385_ca461d3477_k.jpg

It’s a lot less everywhere than Dr Doom is. Personally I like it - adds to the close-knit feel which is so distinctive about the resort.

On the flip side, you’re going to have some pretty great views.

actually, I do like this...I was just sort of replying to someone who liked it up close, but they did not like the view from other places. I do want to see Doom go though as I have seen views where Doom is just night symmetrical with the IoA light tower and the Toothsome Stacks...

Just booked 4 nights for my Sept trip + 2 nights at RPR.

According to the website I use to book the whole resort is running at 90% occupancy for my dates (22-28 Sept 2018) with SF falls being sold out on certain dates already.

They need those W&W rooms now.

According to the website I use to book the whole resort is running at 90% occupancy for my dates (22-28 Sept 2018) with SF falls being sold out on certain dates already.

When I was looking they only the other day, they only had 2 rooms left. I'm hoping not all the rooms are released yet as I'm looking to book in January, hopefully get something in the sales. Looks like I will just miss you, looking at 7th - 22nd.

It looks like it’ll be more on the side that faces Volcano Bay according to the map in the UO app. That would place right on top of the dirt pad in the bottom left of the second photo from bioreconstruct.

I got it wrong. You're right.

Universal%20Orlando%20Aventura%20Hotel%20Pool%20Level%20650x450.jpg

Used to be slow season for on site hotels, even with HHN, since they use off season rates at that time. Before Diagon opened, rooms were usually available for those dates a month or two before. Demand didn't tighten until Columbus Day in October. It all shows there's considerable demand for onsite hotels. People really need to book super early if they want choice.....Sometimes more rooms will open up if the TA allotments don't get used. But there's no guarantee of that.

When I was looking they only the other day, they only had 2 rooms left. I'm hoping not all the rooms are released yet as I'm looking to book in January, hopefully get something in the sales. Looks like I will just miss you, looking at 7th - 22nd.

I got it wrong. You're right.

Universal%20Orlando%20Aventura%20Hotel%20Pool%20Level%20650x450.jpg

Might manage a cheeky pint if our times allow

Used to be slow season for on site hotels, even with HHN, since they use off season rates at that time. Before Diagon opened, rooms were usually available for those dates a month or two before. Demand didn't tighten until Columbus Day in October. It all shows there's considerable demand for onsite hotels. People really need to book super early if they want choice.....Sometimes more rooms will open up if the TA allotments don't get used. But there's no guarantee of that.

I didn't want to risk waiting, its only by chance I checked the other day but once I saw how tight availability was looking I decided to pull the trigger and booked it Danno.