Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

It will be a transitivity if they're not selling this as a cross promotion.

tk6umwxw6e19zelv679t.jpg
Even better:
wild-gunman.jpg

So looking at his tweets, I think I've pieced together how he came about all this info:

The documents he posted with the long/lat coordinates and 8.8 acre project size are from the FDEP NPDES Stormwater filing for the project. That at least confirmed the location and size. Then he probably submitted a public records request last week with the City of Orlando for the ENG permit (ENG2017-00773) which likely got fulfilled today which contains the plans he's looking at/tweeting about.

You are right that what I tweeted is the NPDES permits, but you're wrong on the other count. It's obvious you've never requested permitting records from the city of Orlando if you think they'd respond in a week. But ENG2017-00773 is an important piece of the puzzle.

You shouldn't be so certain about how I did it. If you were, I wouldn't have tweeted it at noon and let every one of my competitors duplicate my request.

You are right that what I tweeted is the NPDES permits, but you're wrong on the other count. It's obvious you've never requested permitting records from the city of Orlando if you think they'd respond in a week. But ENG2017-00773 is an important piece of the puzzle.

You shouldn't be so certain about how I did it. If you were, I wouldn't have tweeted it at noon and let every one of my competitors duplicate my request.

thought this was funny.. I'll help you out on here too @NJBrandon

Also, welcome to the Forums!

Can someone find Project ID No. FLR20BM96 in NPDES permits? The site is not working for me.

This was found in Permit Number: ENG2017-00773:

The NPDES permit must be received in the Office of Permitting Services prior to the issuance of City of Orlando permits. Condition Met - 7/31/2017 - Project ID No. FLR20BM96​

Last edited:

Well the only reason I went to the NPDES site was because of the mention of the "Project 487 USF Sanitary Study Calculation" in the ENG permit, but I don't know where to obtain that report. But hey, this is why you do what you do, you're clearly good at it! :)

Can someone find Project ID No. FLR20BM96 in NPDES permits? The site is not working for me.

Yes, I looked that up earlier. Chip tweeted the only relevant/important bits (long/lat, acreage). The rest is just generic forms.

Thanks for the hard work and the reporting!

In that case, my original theory of Pokemon takes over Toon Lagoon theater may come true. New mini-land, no need to lose another island.
I feel like Nintendo and the Pokémon Company would want Pokémon to be more than just a section of Toon Lagoon. I think replacing TL Theater and Dudley and overlaying Popeye would be a smart decision.
That might be what they were considering for that MIB adjacent area (Nintendo 1.5), changed their mind, and put it into IOA instead.
A wise choice.

I feel like Nintendo and the Pokémon Company would want Pokémon to be more than just a section of Toon Lagoon. I think replacing TL Theater and Dudley and overlaying Popeye would be a smart decision.

A wise choice.
Not a part of a Toon Lagoon, an island between Marvel and Toon Lagoon, and maybe could eat some of the shops/quick service locations to make it a decent size. Leaving the back half with the two water rides as Toon Lagoon.