Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Cast your bets on "Wonders In Flight: Under New Management" being the replacement. Cast your bets, now!

I don’t understand the point of tearing that show down only to bring back a new show on the same subject. Why are they doing this?
My guess is so they have something new to market for the park’s 20th anniversary. I’m sure they’re worried about the park losing guests back to DHS for Toy Story, and it’s on the opposite side of the park from Pandora, which will be the area that bleeds the least if the park’s attendance goes down anyway.

I still think UP deserves a ride, but hey, at least Flights of Wonder didn't just go away for no replacement. And a decent looking one at that.

That was my fear, that due to Pandora underperforming in some way budgets would be cut. Instead it appears either Pandora didn’t cause issues to affect the budget (or was a boon) or that Disney’s moving on from a model where parks need to be self sufficient and that negatively impacts parks.

That was my fear, that due to Pandora underperforming in some way budgets would be cut. Instead it appears either Pandora didn’t cause issues to affect the budget (or was a boon) or that Disney’s moving on from a model where parks need to be self sufficient and that negatively impacts parks.
I think even if Pandora under-performed from a financial standpoint, it definitely performed from the standpoint of getting guests to DAK and making them spend a whole day at the park (Rivers of Light also helped with that, even if it sucks).

There's also a mandate to basically push IP into the parks in as many ways as possible, so they probably saw Flights of Wonder as a perfect opportunity. It was an original show that they could basically lightly retheme to UP and BOOM, new UP "attraction".

TDO and Burbank are fully aware of what Uni is doing up near the convention center.

The amount of $$$$ Disney and Comcast are going to dump into central FL is going to be obscene.

Just watched Flights of Wonder a few minutes ago. It could certainly use a little more something. Although seeing a Bald Eagle up close is beyond badass.

Just watched Flights of Wonder a few minutes ago. It could certainly use a little more something. Although seeing a Bald Eagle up close is beyond badass.
Is it still the version of the show where one of the actors is playing a lost tour group guide learning from an animal trainer?

It's a clever premise, but doesn't lend itself well to re-watches due to the story gimmick.

Is it still the version of the show where one of the actors is playing a lost tour group guide learning from an animal trainer?

It's a clever premise, but doesn't lend itself well to re-watches due to the story gimmick.

That was the show I saw in early November... loved it the first go around but I can see what you mean about rewatches.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new show being hosted by people in full-body, cartoony costumes (I think that suggests the target age-range for the new show is probably somewhat lower than the all-ages Flights of Wonder), but I'm glad it's still going to focus on birds.

Did someone say STTOOORYYY?!

I do believe the show will be more story driven with the UP characters, and probably include a neat puppet