Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 401 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think we need to pump the breaks here. The poster of these has said these are actually from May. The dates on them show a July 2017 date for the construction window opening. These plans are not new this week. What is new this week is them taking the construction walls down that were put up at ET around the time these permits would have been submitted. If you couple that with a few posters saying things have been delayed, and that changes are being made, these plans might already be out the window. It's great info, and this is the stuff I really get into, but that wall coming down is a real big clue that something has changed. May not mean a major change in regards to what the plans show, but there has to be a reason.

That being said, they also might start tearing Kidzone down tomorrow, but I really wouldn't expect any announcements for a while. We may not get a Nintendo announcement before the end of the decade.
There are some new permits from this week, mostly for electrical. While filed over the summer many of them were not fully approved until Oct 30th. So, delays aside, things are finally looking ready now. It might just be a matter of waiting till after season. Since it took so long to get here, may as well wait till the busy months pass before tearing anything down.

And yea, changes could be made to the ride systems or details inside, but these permits are mostly for main structures and drainage/plumbing... so they can still start demo and even foundation work while they work out the interior details.

Plus, it is nice to have the actual project number and see that behind the scenes prep has been going on for KidZone as we all suspected. But yea, I don't see us getting any real announcements for Nintendo any time soon. Maybe just a quick warning that things will be closing and that "something exciting is on the way" eventually on the blog.

I think people focus way too much on the "What about the food" thing. Star Wars doesn't have jack when it comes to food, but Disney would be moronic not to build a land based off it.

We're just coming off two lands where the writer of the source material just happened to go into detail about the food and drink in her universe.

I bet you anything the Super Mario Land quick service restaurant will feature pizzas and pasta. (With MUSHROOMS!) I mean, they are Italian after all.

Reactions: fryoj
Guys, it’s just my opinion. The way that I think Kong makes a decent ride, but I don’t need a whole land for it. Some franchises lend themselves to single rides, while others to entire lands. But I don’t want to force every franchise, every IP into its own themed 7-acre (or so) land... you have to have some diversity in these parks.

(Also keep in mind, a single ride has been taking a shorter time to construct than a whole land, too).

Last edited:
Reactions: BrenRays and Alicia
I also just don't see the connection between Hogsmeade and Hyrule. The two just aren't similar. If they built Castle Town, maybe. But the geography of Hyrule is so varied, they can do whatever they want.
The most variety we’d get from a Zelda land would likely just be two sections with one being Castle Town and the other the Lost Woods. These are easily the two most iconic areas from the games other than maybe Death Mountain. Either one of those two would actually be a good transition to Hogsmeade if Zelda replaced LC.

That wall in the ET Queue, maybe my memory is bad but I thought that came down at the start of HHN and was only up for slight extended queue modifications to allow it to be used for Ash vs Evil dead and had zip to do with Nintendo (directly anyway).
I think people read way too far into that.

The most variety we’d get from a Zelda land would likely just be two sections with one being Castle Town and the other the Lost Woods. These are easily the two most iconic areas from the games other than maybe Death Mountain. Either one of those two would actually be a good transition to Hogsmeade if Zelda replaced LC.

I really hope they don't do Castle Town. It's probably the most uninspired location in Zelda. Gimme Zora's Domain, Kakariko, Death Mountain, or Kokiri Village/Lost Woods.

Or go crazy and make a Wind Waker land

I really hope they don't do Castle Town. It's probably the most uninspired location in Zelda. Gimme Zora's Domain, Kakariko, Death Mountain, or Kokiri Village/Lost Woods.

Or go crazy and make a Wind Waker land
Since they’ll likely only build one land I’m going to say right now you’ll be disappointed unless they also included a Lost Woods section. Who’s to say they wouldn’t include the other races of Hyrule to bring in some diversity either.

Reactions: Grits0808
Since they’ll likely only build one land I’m going to say right now you’ll be disappointed unless they also included a Lost Woods section. Who’s to say they wouldn’t include the other races of Hyrule to bring in some diversity either.

I think they build the castle as a façade. I don't think they build Castle Town. My 2 cents

My ideal Zelda land would feature Hyrule Castle Town and the Lost Woods. Hyrule Castle Town features the Temple of Time that houses the land's e-ticket, Hyrule Castle that features an exciting live show, and a SW:GE esque bazaar where all kinds of Hylian cultures gather, including Gorons, Zora, Gerudo, etc. This area features diverse and colorful shopping and dining, including animatronic Gorons and Zora that interact with guests. Right outside of Castle Town is the Lost Woods with several well themed flat rides, a playground area, and photo ops with the Master Sword in it's pedestal and also a large Great Deku Tree.

So basically, all of the most iconic pieces of Zelda imagery combined into one land, with two sections, featuring one e-ticket, one show, one shopping area, one playground, and several flat rides. Nothing too big but still featuring something for everyone.

My ideal Zelda land would feature Hyrule Castle Town and the Lost Woods. Hyrule Castle Town features the Temple of Time that houses the land's e-ticket, Hyrule Castle that features an exciting live show, and a SW:GE esque bazaar where all kinds of Hylian cultures gather, including Gorons, Zora, Gerudo, etc. This area features diverse and colorful shopping and dining, including animatronic Gorons and Zora that interact with guests. Right outside of Castle Town is the Lost Woods with several well themed flat rides, a playground area, and photo ops with the Master Sword in it's pedestal and also a large Great Deku Tree.

So basically, all of the most iconic pieces of Zelda imagery combined into one land, with two sections, featuring one e-ticket, one show, one shopping area, one playground, and several flat rides. Nothing too big but still featuring something for everyone.
Shouldn’t the Master Sword be in the Temple of Time if it’s going to be used as a major focal point? The games where it’s in the Lost Woods the Temple is either destroyed, nonexistent, or abandoned. Your idea is close to mine except I’d make the castle home to the land’s signature dining. A Royal Buffet with food and drink from all over the Kingdom. The Lost Woods would contain a maze like play area and a dungeon experience.

Reactions: captainmoch
Shouldn’t the Master Sword be in the Temple of Time if it’s going to be used as a major focal point? The games where it’s in the Lost Woods the Temple is either destroyed, nonexistent, or abandoned. Your idea is close to mine except I’d make the castle home to the land’s signature dining. A Royal Buffet with food and drink from all over the Kingdom. The Lost Woods would contain a maze like play area and a dungeon experience.
Good point, for some reason I didn't think of that. Although I think it could work in either, it basically depends if they want to go for LTTP imagery or OOT imagery. Plus in the Lost Woods it'd work as a photo op like the Sword in Stone photo op at MK, which probably wouldn't work as well in a Temple of Time queue.

Good point, for some reason I didn't think of that. Although I think it could work in either, it basically depends if they want to go for LTTP imagery or OOT imagery. Plus in the Lost Woods it'd work as a photo op like the Sword in Stone photo op at MK, which probably wouldn't work as well in a Temple of Time queue.
I guess that works.

I say use different aspects of all the games. A good example would be the Lost Woods. In a bright cheery area with a kids playground, use this music:

For the maze, this music:

Put the Master Sword at the end of said maze :)

Reactions: captainmoch
Usually drainage only needs 1 or 2 pics right? There might not be much more.

However, when he tweeted it out, he said it was "one of" the maps. So who knows. I would follow him and stay tuned. :)

He said earlier that one of the maps had however many toilets in it which I don't think are visible here. It's just starting to dawn on me that this will be the first project I've been here for, for the full duration of the project. Rumours, announcement, construction and finally opening.

I think people focus way too much on the "What about the food" thing. Star Wars doesn't have jack when it comes to food, but Disney would be moronic not to build a land based off it.

Edit: Oh, and nice video at the end of that Orlando Park Stop article :thumbsup::

Permits Show Super Nintendo World Taking Over KidZone at Universal Studios Florida – Orlando ParkStop

We're just coming off two lands where the writer of the source material just happened to go into detail about the food and drink in her universe.

Some IPs just lend themselves to food and Star Wars just doesn't beyond the generic cupcake and basic food items. I don't know where Nintendo stands in this as I've never been into Nintendo.

If they can make a SNES shaped cookie though, they'll sell millions of them. People would go out of their way to buy one just to get a photo on Instagram.

I guess that works.

I say use different aspects of all the games. A good example would be the Lost Woods. In a bright cheery area with a kids playground, use this music:

For the maze, this music:

Put the Master Sword at the end of said maze :)

Perfect! Than put the entire land beside Middle-Earth in Park 4 as a family friendly counterpart with similar a theme and aesthetic. Genius, I say!

Mario is a huge IP, deffinately bigger than Zelda when you add in all the spin-off games. That character is getting the basis of the land and one ride based on a spin-off. Yoshi is somewhat popular, and is rumored to be getting one ride. DK is one of the original gaming icons, and is getting one ride.

I don’t think they’re going to do a land, big ride, and “several flats” for Zelda alone. That doesn’t jive with what we know. If it’s like the other characters we know about, it will be one ride. That series doesn’t have a lot of ancillary characters to focus on.

Yeah, I guess Yoshi and DK could show up in the Mario Kart ride, but I’d bet they won’t be more than a cameo if they do. Pokémon is unknown for me (pun intended), but there’s no reason that I have to suggest a whole land built around that one, either.