Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Loved KSF, the houses were a lot of fun and really well done. Scare zones, on the other hand, were a total let down after going to SCarowinds. The boo-ffet was great and the unlimited Fright Lane was awesome we did 22 houses that night, could have done more if we wanted, and saw two shows.

Sol Spin is still down and probably will be down for a while. There’s even some consideration they may just get rid of it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Knott’s is completely through with flat rides. At least they’re completely through with Mondial.

Saw the test footage. Really glad to see it’s not quite as fast as the very first test or the Virtual POV. Glad to see we’re going to get some really good Hangtime on that first loop. I wish it was longer, but I’m really stoked to experience that Hangtime and ejector air!

So word on the street for Xcellerator is that they are trying to duplicate parts from 2002 to get this thing running again, but it’s taking way longer than they want to. They were hoping to have this thing up by mid-Feb. Yeah. After taking longer than desired, they may be resorting to plan B: LSM launch. If that doesn’t work out, they may even resort to plan Z: scrambling for a replacement.

So word on the street for Xcellerator is that they are trying to duplicate parts from 2002 to get this thing running again, but it’s taking way longer than they want to. They were hoping to have this thing up by mid-Feb. Yeah. After taking longer than desired, they may be resorting to plan B: LSM launch. If that doesn’t work out, they may even resort to plan Z: scrambling for a replacement.
Pro question, I know, but has there even ever been a project from Intamin that replaced their cable car launch with LSM? I would think that would cost as much as building another coaster that can be more reliable than Xcelerator.

LSM on Xcelerator doesnt seem possible... I could be wrong.

At the beginning of the year I did receive a rumor from a reliable source that KBF was actually looking at retiring Xcelerator (hence why it didnt show up in much of Hangtime's concept art or animation). I wouldn't put it past KBF to tear this thing down.

Pro question, I know, but has there even ever been a project from Intamin that replaced their cable car launch with LSM? I would think that would cost as much as building another coaster that can be more reliable than Xcelerator.
Not that I know of. It's hard to discover that with a simple google search. Maybe someone else can answer that?

But you could be right. The costs to instal and test LSMs would probably cost as much as just replacing the dang thing. Now that I think about it, we might be better off with a replacement. They could build a new launch coaster that would rebuild the iconic top hat and then go around the boardwalk. That way, they could still have a bit of space to build a second coaster in that space and around the area.

I love Xcellerator, but if they opt to replace it with a better launch coaster, I wouldn't mind. I can blame them for doing so as Knott's isn't exactly huge. That's a big space right there.

This is starting to sound like a lost cause. What a shame, it has one of the most powerful launches I've ever felt on a coaster (then again, I never rode Hypersonic) and I'll be sad to see it go. Even if they somehow got LSM to work (I doubt it), that initial launch would be lost.

I truly wonder what a replacement for it could be, possibly for 2020.

Screamscape posted we could get to ride Hangtime as soon as Easter. All they have to do is put finishing touches on the station and work on the queue. Hope they’re right.

I also heard that Wipeout may return where the hat shop used to be. There was some sort of circle dug if you look from the Sky Cabin