Favorite/Least Favorite USF Attraction | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite/Least Favorite USF Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Favorite attraction at UO: The Mummy or MIB.
Least Favorite: Shrek
Favorite Show: Horror Make-Up (formerly T2 as I love the atmosphere it provided)
Least Favorite Show: Fear Factor Live

Favorite attraction at IOA: Spiderman, and Jurassic Park (at night) are tied. I love Jurassic Park, even if all the electronics don't work, the atmosphere at night is remarkable. Spiderman is an icon, and I just love all the details. I'd buy the Spiderman TV reports on DVD if I could.

Least Favorite Attraction(that i can ride): I think I'm going to have to say the Seuss Train or whatever it is called. Good for kids, but not for me. I remember when it was first built and it was standing but not operating for some time with single rail tracks.

Favorite Show: Not much to choose from, but I do love Poseidon's Fury. The cheesy dialogue, water effects, fuzzy screens, it is all really fun. Also a great way to cool off.

Least Favorite: Sinbad.

Geez. What was I thinking!?!?

So 4 years later- Rip Ride Rockit is off the list as one of my favorites, and is actually moved down pretty low, just down there with Fallon & Shrek 4D for me. I still love ROTM (although it desperately needs love), and I enjoy Horror Make Up and MIB(with regular queue).

I must say, with Twister, Disaster & T23D closed I feel like the park has lost a few of the unique things that I enjoyed about it. Especially T2. I was never huge on Disaster but once it left for SCREENZ I finally saw it's value & how unique it was.

Over at islands of adventure I'm a fan of P-Fury, just don't get on it that often because of the long and dark queue that has no phone service. I'm also a Spider-Man fan and like the Kong AA.

Favorite: Rip Ride Rockit & Revenge of the Mummy. Honorable mention- ET

Least: I Personally think disaster is a waste of 30 minutes... but thats my opinion

Last edited:
Geez. What was I thinking!?!?

So 4 years later- Rip Ride Rockit is off the list as one of my favorites, and is actually moved down pretty low, just down there with Fallon & Shrek 4D for me. I still love ROTM (although it desperately needs love), and I enjoy Horror Make Up and MIB(with regular queue).

I must say, with Twister, Disaster & T23D closed I feel like the park has lost a few of the unique things that I enjoyed about it. Especially T2. I was never huge on Disaster but once it left for SCREENZ I finally saw it's value & how unique it was.

Over at islands of adventure I'm a fan of P-Fury, just don't get on it that often because of the long and dark queue that has no phone service. I'm also a Spider-Man fan and like the Kong AA.
RRR is a toss up for me....Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it....Most of the time I just ignore it...

Disaster was great for first timers...After that, practical effects or not, it got a bit re-dundant

The only thing that made it redundant (in my opinion) was the super long pre-show rooms. The actual ride part was pure Universal gold.
I always thought Disaster was a very good attraction, and the actual ride section at the end was outstanding when everything worked OK. Alas, at the end, the earthquake section, and the tram, was in such disrepair that the attraction was just a shadow of itself...But, as with many of Universal Studio's attractions in the past, it really didn't have much repeat allure. That was a real failing for Universal if they wanted to keep tourists for longer vacations. They just had too many one and done attractions. For the most part, all the new stuff since 2008 has pretty decent rerideability.

Reactions: tankart150
The only thing that made it redundant (in my opinion) was the super long pre-show rooms. The actual ride part was pure Universal gold.
I actually liked the pre-show rooms..They were classic Universal to me...The only thing I would change the order of effects each time, and kill the Christopher Walken part....And also get rid of Mikey...Otherwise it was stellar

I’ll play. Here’s how I would rank the major attractions at Universal Studios Florida, based on the lineup found there at this moment...

1. Revenge of the Mummy
2. Men In Black: Alien Attack
3. Universal Horror Makeup Show
4. E.T. Adventure
5. Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
6. Hogwarts Express
7. Escape from Gringotts
8. The Simpsons Ride
9. Transformers
10. Rip Ride Rockit
11. Shrek 4-D

T2, Animal Actors, and Fear Factor are all either very recently closed or will soon close, so I didn’t include them. Race Through New York was added after my last visit, so I haven’t been on it yet. Based on my feelings about what it replaced, my lack of enthusiasm for the theme, and the ride videos I’ve seen, I can’t imagine it would rank anywhere in the top 3/4ths.

1. Gringotts
2. Mummy
3. ET
4. Hogwarts Express
5. Transformers (I actually like this more than I used to & much more than I like the movies)
6. Simpsons
7. MIB
8. Despicable Me
9. Shrek
10. RRR

Have not done Fallon yet. Did not include Horror Make-Up in rankings.

UOR
1. Mummy
2. MIB
3. Escape from Gringotts
4. Universal Horror Makeup Show
5. Transformers
6. Hogwarts Express
7. Rip Ride Rockit
8. E.T. Adventure
9. Woody Woodpecker
10. The Simpsons Ride
11. Fallon
12. Shrek 4-D
13. Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
(9-12 are pretty interchangeable)

IOA
1. Forbidden Journey
2. Hulk
3. Spiderman
4. Dudley
5. Jurassic Park
6. Poseidon's Fury
7. Kong
8. Doom
9. Raptor Encounter
10. Popeye
11. High in the Sky
12. CitH
13. Hippogriff
14. Storm Force Acceleration

Last edited:
Of current attractions at USF

TOP 3 Favorite:
1. Mummy
2.Transformers
3.Hogwarts Express

TOP 3 Least Favorite:
1.Simpsons
2.Shrek
3.Fallon

Of Current attractions at IOA

TOP 3 Favorite:
1. Doom
2. Popeye
3. Kong

TOP 3 Least Favorite:
1. Whatever Flying Unicorn was re-themed to
2. Hulk
3. Stormforce

you like HE more than MIB and Gringotts?
Yes. Love that attraction. All of the theming, feels like you're traveling, fact that it actually has some awesome screens inside the train. Its just a very unique attraction. Oh and I get a chance to rest lol

And regarding Hulk no. Not my kind of coaster. I dont think any of these are bad. They are all great for the resort but Hulk is usually something I skip unless im with someone who insists on riding.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Yes. Love that attraction. All of the theming, feels like you're traveling, fact that it actually has some awesome screens inside the train. Its just a very unique attraction. Oh and I get a chance to rest lol
The theming is utterly fantastic, but once you're actually in the train it's kinda like ehhhhh this was better in FJ.

also, I feel like MIB and ET are better "I'm tired because florida decided to be 90 degrees today" rides because they have shorter queues and you don't have to leave the park

and yeah Hulk is pretty hard on the body

The theming is utterly fantastic, but once you're actually in the train it's kinda like ehhhhh this was better in FJ.

also, I feel like MIB and ET are better "I'm tired because florida decided to be 90 degrees today" rides because they have shorter queues and you don't have to leave the park

and yeah Hulk is pretty hard on the body
Universal was 'Ride The Movies' (Counts for TV shows and whatever too) and that held true to me before.

Now not so much. As an individual, I've never been a Harry Potter fan. Not even when I was forced to listen to the book in 3rd and 4th grade , class majority. I've only seen the first two movies but only after the attractions opened. I loved the first movie and second movie was cool. But in the attractions I have no idea whhat the heck is going on so it's not as enjoyable for me as for a diehard Harry Potter fan, yet I still enjoy all of them. The theming and actual rides are awesome. But that darn Hogwarts express just does it for me. IDK lol

As far as MIB, ET and some of the older rides, there is a special place in my heart for them as they will always be loved by me. I Will say I think MIB and ET have some of if not the best queues at USF...