Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Although, I do believe there will be some compromises for Hollywood's version, I think with Orlando management behind the scenes today, this land should be 95% of what Orlando will have. Very similar with WWoHP.

Although, I do believe there will be some compromises for Hollywood's version, I think with Orlando management behind the scenes today, this land should be 95% of what Orlando will have. Very similar with WWoHP.
Yeah, with today’s day and age of media everywhere, they can’t really get away with scaling back. People would complain like crazy. “Why aren’t we getting this?!”

I wonder what Super Nintendo World in Hollywood would look like compare to Marvel Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure. We all know it's not going to be the same length as our Orlando counterparts and we all know SNW would not be Mario universe related exclusive, as you might have to include characters outside the Mario-related universe. So everything within the area with Nintendo specific universe would have to be crammed in. My opinion of what Super Nintendo World Hollywood would look like.

Attractions:
Mario Kart - Mario universe
Legend of Zelda's Show Ride - Link universe
Pokemon Snap ride - Pokemon universe

DK mine cart ride - Mario universe

DINING:
Mushroom's Burger Kitchen
Legend of Zelda's Portion Juice shop
Pokemon's Lunch shop

Super Nintendo World's Arcade Mania:
Donkey Kong (1981)
Mario Kart Arcade GP
Some other Nintendo-related games

SHOPPING:

Mario Kart store (after you exit the Mario Kart game)
Pokemon's shop
Legend of Zelda's shop
Anyways, I think this is gonna go down should these have as much room as Marvel Super Hero Island. USH inevitably doesn't have as much room so this is probably might we gonna get. I know this thread isn't as active as our Orlando counterparts, but please feel free to discuss the issue.

Osaka and Hollywood, to the last I gathered, will not have Donkey Kong Country.

Think how Osaka and Hollywood only got FJ and Hippogriff, and not Dragons Challenge, while in this case, Mario Kart and Yoshi will be shared.
Yeah, but Osaka and Hollywood didn't get DC because DC never actually fit Hogsmeade and wasn't worth cloning. I don't see why Donkey Kong isn't being cloned, really makes little sense.

Yeah, but Osaka and Hollywood didn't get DC because DC never actually fit Hogsmeade and wasn't worth cloning. I don't see why Donkey Kong isn't being cloned, really makes little sense.

I was more just trying to point out that both Hollywood and Osaka didn't get a third attraction for their Hogsmeades (even though Japan did seem to possibly have one before being cut, the Forbidden Forest).

As far as the sense, Hollywood could if they wanted too, as there can be space, depending on how it'd be done. But to the best of my knowledge, Donkey Kong isn't something that is in the Hollywood plans.

Osaka and Hollywood, to the last I gathered, will not have Donkey Kong Country.

Think how Osaka and Hollywood only got FJ and Hippogriff, and not Dragons Challenge, while in this case, Mario Kart and Yoshi will be shared.

Thanks for the info.

What a bummer. I had a feeling this was the case.

Wow, so no Revenge of the Mummy and no Donkey Kong coaster to replace it. Worst case scenario confirmed.

I REALLY hope they change their minds and add DK into the land for us. That would be such a dumb move to get rid of a coaster and not, at the very least, replace it with another. There's room down there for 3 attractions.

Ugh. People are going to be really pissed about this. We better get that Potter coaster Florida is getting eventually.

I feel like no one should be disappointed or pissed about it, but be happy that we’re getting SNW at the park. Universal Studios Hollywood will be getting a lot of new attractions in the years to come like SLoP, Jurassic World & Harry Potter expansion which will include Diagon Alley & much more guys!

I feel like no one should be disappointed or pissed about it, but be happy that we’re getting SNW at the park. Universal Studios Hollywood will be getting a lot of new attractions in the years to come like SLoP, Jurassic World & Harry Potter expansion which will include Diagon Alley & much more guys!

...Diagon? I am praying that means more towards a second gate as opposed to having a land at the main USH, as that would be somewhat disappointing.

If we are getting Diagon, I could live with losing Mummy and gaining Gringotts as I think that is a better coaster than USH's Mummy. But the GP is not going to take losing Mummy very well if we're not getting DK. No matter how amazing it will turn out, the GP will likely hate it because there's no rollercoaster.

Any approximate timeframe on when Potter will open? At least Diagon?

I REALLY hope they change their minds and add DK into the land for us. That would be such a dumb move to get rid of a coaster and not, at the very least, replace it with another. There's room down there for 3 attractions.
Totally agree. If their excuse is noise control, they have the JP ride blasting their outdoor scenes. They have the frog choir singing outdoors which is friggin' LOUD. You can hear it all the way from the golf course (You actually can. I walked down there by the fence to it). Not to mention they loud tour guides on their microphones passing by sound stages that are mostly sound proof. A roller coaster with screaming guests can't be that much louder, can it? I find that a very odd move to not include it. They have the space, include the dang ride. C'mon.

Last edited:
Ugh. People are going to be really pissed about this. We better get that Potter coaster Florida is getting eventually.

I'm not going to lie, this news kinda ruined my day. Lol

SNW is the thing I'm MOST excited about, even more than Star Wars Land. In fact, I created this account just to post on this thread.

I'm still SUPER stocked about the land/Mario Kart though. As a Nintendo child of the 90's, this land is a dream come true. I just got really excited when I heard about DK and how the coaster would "jump" tracks like the game. Oh well. I guess UOR gets all the extra goodies.