The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alex could be working off of a rumor.

I am actually saying something concrete and legitimate that I have heard from two people that I trust, to be frank.

As far as I understand, Great Hall is not possible for logistical reasons. And to be honest, if it were to happen; it would've been with the land at opening.

HP Hotel? @Alexshow. I understand your discretion and appreciate the intriguing teaser...

They do have the a good layout for it. If the Tram tour is indeed going to be relocated to the lower lot, that existing station area is close enough to Hogwarts for them to connect it to a hotel. It's also close enough to parking to handle the hotel entrance side. Since the park needs resort hotels anyway, this fills a need there too. One hangup though is that if they are going to do the rumored 2nd gate, this would take some of that land away.

Reactions: Coasted
They do have the a good layout for it. If the Tram tour is indeed going to be relocated to the lower lot, that existing station area is close enough to Hogwarts for them to connect it to a hotel. It's also close enough to parking to handle the hotel entrance side. Since the park needs resort hotels anyway, this fills a need there too. One hangup though is that if they are going to do the rumored 2nd gate, this would take some of that land away.

IF we ever got a HP hotel, I firmly believe it would go where the Studio Tour area is.

IF we ever got a HP hotel, I firmly believe it would go where the Studio Tour area is.

To ask this, what if the Studio Tour Plaza replacement,is possibly some sort of FF miniland with the coaster from Orlando coming to Hollywood and a HE station if they expand Potter to a possible second gate? I would think with the eventual close of Mummy, it will cause issues for Hollywood on a thrill attraction, and that it can allow that spot to be filled in the roster.

Reactions: Freak and Coasted
To ask this, what if the Studio Tour Plaza replacement,is possibly some sort of FF miniland with the coaster from Orlando coming to Hollywood and a HE station if they expand Potter to a possible second gate? I would think with the eventual close of Mummy, it will cause issues for Hollywood on a thrill attraction, and that it can allow that spot to be filled in the roster.

The HE system as is, requires a completely, or at least very close to, flat track. With the park's topography, that's not likely to work out. That doesn't meant they couldn't do a different system, but I don't have high hopes for an HE as USH.

The HE system as is, requires a completely, or at least very close to, flat track. With the park's topography, that's not likely to work out. That doesn't meant they couldn't do a different system, but I don't have high hopes for an HE as USH.

I would disagree about that to be honest. Although that depends on one thing, would Universal want to get rid of the solar panels budding up right next to the tram load.

I would disagree about that to be honest. Although that depends on one thing, would Universal want to get rid of the solar panels budding up right next to the tram load.

See, this always bothered me a little. They could, at least from my dilettante perspective, double or triple the amount of panels by moving them from that little hillside to the roofs of the more seismically stable (i.e. not Simpsons or DMMM) show buildings. Obviously, they'd be much less visible up there, but they could clear up that area for "further development" and maintain if not increase solar energy output. Maybe there are certain restrictions to rooftop solar panels or maybe that hillside is at just the perfect angle, but that's my take on it.

Also, for the collectors, there are new interactive wands for sale at Ollivanders: Cedric Diggory, Cho Chang, Yaxley, and Death Eater Swirl. All were previously available as collectibles, but now are also available as interactive.

Reactions: Rideguy70

I would think they could find a way to make it work, as furniculars are essentially the same system and are made specifically to go up and down the sides of slopes.

I think more likely the reason not to build one is that there's not two HP areas to connect and even if they did exist they wouldnt have the distance between them for the showtime the way it does in Orlando. It wouldn't be a simple clone - they'd have to redo all of the film to fit the timing of the ride and as it exists, it's synchronized to the gentle turns the route makes.

Expect the same kind of thing in Globus Mundi when it opens in Diagon. I wouldn't be surprised to see the old locker area in IoA's Hogsmeade turned into the same kind of thing.

Expect the same kind of thing in Globus Mundi when it opens in Diagon. I wouldn't be surprised to see the old locker area in IoA's Hogsmeade turned into the same kind of thing.

Have to wonder why though. Has the Hogwarts Express merch been that popular? Enough to justify its own store and not a small segment of another store..?

And I wonder what sort of merch they’ll expand in the other areas? Hollywood pretty much has a backlog of Orlando stuff to implement since it doesn’t have the retail space of Diagon - but what’s Diagon going to do with new retail space? The last retail expansion, Sugarplums, had very little unique merch.

They've expanded the selection of merchandise (I guess it has been popular). Especially with the new Christmas stuff, there is a lot of Hogwart's Express stuff specifically for Christmas and I would assume that this frees up space in the other stores where HE stuff was for additional merchandise. I was amazed at how much new Christmas merch they've added in all of the HP shops.

They've expanded the selection of merchandise (I guess it has been popular). Especially with the new Christmas stuff, there is a lot of Hogwart's Express stuff specifically for Christmas and I would assume that this frees up space in the other stores where HE stuff was for additional merchandise. I was amazed at how much new Christmas merch they've added in all of the HP shops.
Ah, hadnt thought of seasonal stuff.

Can totally see this happening. USH will really need a thrill ride after Mummy will likely close. Wonder if they’re building the ride in Orlando with USH in mind....

I saw on social media someone reporting that there is an extra bonus early show of the nighttime Harry Potter light show some evenings.

Can anyone confirm this?