Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So yeah, Nintendo thread proved I'm bad at riddles. Another gift from Santa, spoiler tagging it even tho this will surely be public knowledge months in advance of event ... two confirmed IPs for 2018:

Stranger Things. (No shock here.)

Freddy Krueger (fingers crossed for Dream Warriors, but no idea which movie(s))

Obviously I expect there to be more IPs but the fact these already being worked on suggests these will be the "spotlight" houses.

Even if it was a little too easy, the riddle game is fun when it's not beaten in the head.

As for what you mentioned, I am no way surprised about the first IP mentioned, and the second isn't surprising. That IP on it's own hasn't been used in years, and I hope the team for Orlando can use the IP as good of a job as possible.

That said, it is still too early. Perhaps after the holidays for both Coasts, so we have time to recharge, but that it isn't the proper time to discuss HHN2018 in general, even with the question of Murdy in Hollywood.

So recently, I’ve been curious about HHN is done in Japan and Singapore so I’ve been researching it and watching the few videos out there of the event recently. I found about this yearly thing they have in Japan on Sadako/The Ring, and I loved it. I was beginning to wish it would be possible for HHN28, then I remembered that the building they have it in in Japan was their T2 building, and we all know the fate of our T2 show. However, I had a potentially insane but entertaining idea; put it in the Simpsons Ride.

Now, admittedly it sounds impossible, but let me explain. The queue line doesn’t change at all, minus the screens that usually play Simpsons clips getting staticky at times. You walk into the boarding area, and the static on those screens get more intense. The ride attendants pass it off as technical difficulties, but allow you and the other guests to go into the individual rooms before getting on the ride. That is where it begins to get intense. The normal video begins to play, but is soon interrupted by the cursed video. The attendants are still adamant that it’s technical difficulties and force you into the actual ride. It starts off normally, but as you’re about to start that first “drop”, the screen goes dark and the sinister music from the cursed video begins to play. The ride vehicle goes crazy, like it’s purposefully being broken with the intent to kill you, as the screen plays the cursed video even more intensely. As the video ends again, the ride suddenly ends, with Sadako/Samara unable to kill you......yet.

I love The Ring and I’ve been waiting for a proper and actually well done English adaptation for what seems like forever. There are many flaws to my proposal, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

So recently, I’ve been curious about HHN is done in Japan and Singapore so I’ve been researching it and watching the few videos out there of the event recently. I found about this yearly thing they have in Japan on Sadako/The Ring, and I loved it. I was beginning to wish it would be possible for HHN28, then I remembered that the building they have it in in Japan was their T2 building, and we all know the fate of our T2 show. However, I had a potentially insane but entertaining idea; put it in the Simpsons Ride.

Now, admittedly it sounds impossible, but let me explain. The queue line doesn’t change at all, minus the screens that usually play Simpsons clips getting staticky at times. You walk into the boarding area, and the static on those screens get more intense. The ride attendants pass it off as technical difficulties, but allow you and the other guests to go into the individual rooms before getting on the ride. That is where it begins to get intense. The normal video begins to play, but is soon interrupted by the cursed video. The attendants are still adamant that it’s technical difficulties and force you into the actual ride. It starts off normally, but as you’re about to start that first “drop”, the screen goes dark and the sinister music from the cursed video begins to play. The ride vehicle goes crazy, like it’s purposefully being broken with the intent to kill you, as the screen plays the cursed video even more intensely. As the video ends again, the ride suddenly ends, with Sadako/Samara unable to kill you......yet.

I love The Ring and I’ve been waiting for a proper and actually well done English adaptation for what seems like forever. There are many flaws to my proposal, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

If I'm not mistaken, someone said in previous incidents that there could've been a possible Treehouse of Horror overlay, but that it was scrapped.

To be honest, if we ever see an overlay of Simpsons; that is what I would expect, not any other horror IP.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
So I’ve been thinking about the idea some have had of a Donner Party NG house. I wonder if there would be enough locations to make that a full length house, as epically terrifying as it could be. I imagine it would work best with tight hallways representing the mountainous area, but not sure if that would be accurate.

I was thinking they should do an Invasion house, have the facade be posters similar to MIB asking “are we alone?” or an Ultra Violent comics cover, and have the house be the aliens’ ship—yes I know the ship crashed but still—and we see victims being probed, and with one section where the aliens force victims to slow dance with them (yes I got that from a Supernatural episode— for what I’m talking about). What say ye?

Last edited:
So I’ve been thinking about the idea some have had of a Donner Party NG house. I wonder if there would be enough locations to make that a full length house, as epically terrifying as it could be. I imagine it would work best with tight hallways representing the mountainous area, but not sure if that would be accurate.
I don’t want a Donner Party house. I want a zone. In Central Park. With snow.

If I'm not mistaken, someone said in previous incidents that there could've been a possible Treehouse of Horror overlay, but that it was scrapped.

To be honest, if we ever see an overlay of Simpsons; that is what I would expect, not any other horror IP.

I’ve heard it’s a want from entertainment. My educated guess on why it hasn’t happened yet is the ride was originally written during the writers strike and they had the time to do it.

I’ve heard it’s a want from entertainment. My educated guess on why it hasn’t happened yet is the ride was originally written during the writers strike and they had the time to do it.

And if I am not mistaken, if they were to do it now; they would have to renegotiate contracts with the actors, correct?

Reactions: SeventyOne

What I found interesting is that they seemed to be rather clear this year that the roaming clowns in the area were not a zone.

Then, on my last trip, I saw no signs of the holidays in that area. Kind of makes me wonder what they can do in that area.

Reactions: RevFreako
A Treehouse of Horrors overlay would be amazing. As for the two houses mentioned earlier, they’re kind of surprising. Freddy’s house should be good and probably utilize scenes from the 2010 remake to add some more stuff that wasn’t in the 2007 maze, and the Stranger Things house can go many ways. 2018 is looking to be a really good year for HHN.

Edit - Donner Party could go either way as for zone or house. Throw the Nightengales in there and it’s an amazing house, but a zone would be great too. Either way just bring it to the event lol

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
^It’d be a really cool storyline—like, the members that led the expedition into snowbound territory were actually NGs looking for a snack, so the expedition turned out to be intentional on the NG’s part.

Soooooo, I was looking at booking a hotel for HHN coming up for the end of Sept.(3rd weekend of HHN) and noticed that there are no std rooms at RPR and nothing but suites at Sapphire. week of Sept. 24th-Oct.2nd.We lost the thursday same week this past year to micro soft.They are going to have the conference again in Orlando Sept24th-28th 2018.Any info on the dates or a way to find out if they will rent the park again during HHN? It is easier for us to go that week than before or after.

Reactions: youhow2
Soooooo, I was looking at booking a hotel for HHN coming up for the end of Sept.(3rd weekend of HHN) and noticed that there are no std rooms at RPR and nothing but suites at Sapphire. week of Sept. 24th-Oct.2nd.We lost the thursday same week this past year to micro soft.They are going to have the conference again in Orlando Sept24th-28th 2018.Any info on the dates or a way to find out if they will rent the park again during HHN? It is easier for us to go that week than before or after.

Not until dates are finalized unfortunately.

I noticed that if they went the merged park route, the Discovery Center would be very accessible because of that extra wooden bridge.

No way this would be for 2018, but...

I would KILL for the TV show to be a hit and get turned into a house! It's perfect material for a comedy house. One of my very favorite podcasts. Universal already seemingly has a good working relationship with FX, so it doesn't seem outside the range of possibility.

Reactions: JMalez