Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Christmas Photos 2017

I think the OP said from anywhere. We wanted to support a small business this past weekend so we ate at a wonderful restaurant and the owner had many wonderful decorations up and around...here is one example:

38633722956_883980bf38_k.jpg

here's one from the office party...or something...I did get lucky and walk into many moments this trip...had the camera with me for this one:

201711_moment_IMG_3290 by Peter Bierman, on Flickr
Was this during the parade? I see Shrek/Fiona and the mice with the float in the background, yet people are walking in front of them and able to interact. When/where would this happen? That’d be fun to do with the kids.

I don't really notice it when I'm in there. And it's normal to see sound stages behind backlot facades. Hollywood just uses matte paintings (or digital set extensions these days,) so for the NY backlot area of USF it's totally within theming in my opinion.

It is odd that they added to the already existing “2D Painting”skyline near Fallon, yet haven’t added there. And considering the theming on F&F building where essentially none of the showbuilding is exposed over the facades in front of it- it seems like they might eventually go through the minimal expense to fix that with some skyscraper paintings.

I don’t think the “backlot” concept is one that can be used as an excuse anymore, as universal has made a sharp departure from that. The Fallon area/bathrooms are top notch now, for example; when they could have left some of the showbuilding exposed. And again, they added to the skyline there.

Was this during the parade? I see Shrek/Fiona and the mice with the float in the background, yet people are walking in front of them and able to interact. When/where would this happen? That’d be fun to do with the kids.

It is odd that they added to the already existing “2D Painting”skyline near Fallon, yet haven’t added there. And considering the theming on F&F building where essentially none of the showbuilding is exposed over the facades in front of it- it seems like they might eventually go through the minimal expense to fix that with some skyscraper paintings.

I don’t think the “backlot” concept is one that can be used as an excuse anymore, as universal has made a sharp departure from that. The Fallon area/bathrooms are top notch now, for example; when they could have left some of the showbuilding exposed. And again, they added to the skyline there.

The photo you asked about was after the parade had ended, the float was parked when we walked by much like the way the SLoP float, or the DM one comes out throughout the day for meet and greets and such...but for that parade float, it was in the time frame that the parade was done, but the park was still open...

I think the OP said from anywhere. We wanted to support a small business this past weekend so we ate at a wonderful restaurant and the owner had many wonderful decorations up and around...here is one example:

38633722956_883980bf38_k.jpg

Yep, from anywhere And everywhere, as long as they are Christmas.

Loving all your shots Frank, you must have an endless supply :)

Yep, from anywhere And everywhere, as long as they are Christmas.

Loving all your shots Frank, you must have an endless supply :)

not really endless. I thought we were going to see a parade this year (we are a little different down here so our Christmas parades tend to be boat parades), but our daughter had a birthday party come in on the wrong day...I'll have to get a shot sometime of how folks do palm trees down here though...

oh, and thanks! My trips to UNI are when I tend to have a camera with me, so I just shot around ....