CityWalk Hollywood | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's so special about that place anyway? I pass by that a couple of times, but it's not remotely that interesting.

In a way, I would consider it in a sense to SS 22-25. It's a placemarking space, but unlike 22-25; they will be moving to get something there as fast as possible.

Not to mention, it'll help them plan what they'll do with the parking over there, as it was earmarked in the Evolution Plan to be a rather large hotel. If I was Karen, I would take a page from Osaka but with a page from DTD, and to do a complex, with entertainment, food, and drink offerings; similar to what DTD will probably have, but with a hotel similar to The Park Front Hotel or the Hotel Universal Port Vita.

Reactions: Jonathan
We have? Like what? I don't feel like Blaze and a Poke bar count. I'm talking about like an actual sit down and have a full on dining experience type of place.

Margaritaville? DongPo? Voodoo? LuDo Bird? Monster? PokeBar? All opened within the past 12 months. Why does Universal need MORE food suddenly? For sit down restaurants we already have Bubba Gump, Buca, Camachos, Hard Rock, Johnny Rockets, Karl Strauss, Samba, Tony Roma's, Wasabi and Wolfgang.

There are plenty of restaurants that can hold guests over for the next few years. Toothsome is just a fanboy wish (not to mention the whole "over the top milkshake" thing is really being overdone right now. Not saying that Toothsome won't happen but there are other needs that are more important, Hotel being the big one.

The only sit down, full dining/service experience opened in the last two years according to your own list is Margaritaville and DongPo. All the rest you mention I view as fast casual... not the same thing.

That said, you have a point. But I also think there's a lot of demand for those restaurants (except for Saddle Ranch--I had always wondered why it hasn't closed a long time ago). And hasn't there been a rumor for a while that Bubba Gump was in its last days?

Additionally, Toothsome fits a niche that isn't really offered at any other restaurant on the property. So it's valid, IMO.

But also to your point, a hotel would also be good. I tweeted earlier there should be a Toothsome Hotel/Restaurant. :)

Whatever happened to the hotel that was supposed to go at the base of Frankenstein? Why has that project stalled? Is it ever going to happen?

Putting Toothsome right next to the front of the park would be the most idiotic placement ever. Have we forgotten how landlocked this park is? Let's not be fanboys for a moment and look at the bigger picture of the property as a whole. Toothsome will come, just expect it to go well within CityWalk and replacing a 3rd party vendor. My best guess is that Hard Rock Cafes days are numbered.

Whatever happened to the hotel that was supposed to go at the base of Frankenstein? Why has that project stalled? Is it ever going to happen?

From my understanding the city lines are creating issues with that location (among others).

Additionally, Toothsome fits a niche that isn't really offered at any other restaurant on the property. So it's valid, IMO.

Who said that we aren't getting both Toothsome and a Hotel? I NEVER said I don't think Toothsome is coming, I've wanted it to come since it opened in FL. I'm saying that a hotel is a better for the Saddle Ranch and Woodpecker parking lot than a milkshake store.

I would honestly think the best location for Toothsome could actually be as @k_peek_2000 mentioned, Hard Rock; as it could be a nice way to create a major hot-spot of variety, similar to what we see of Cityloft.

Not to mention, Toothsome and Hard Rock are extremely close to their sizes, so it could actually fit in rather well.

Reactions: Rideguy70
To be honest, I personally think Hard Rock would be a better location as well... the relative size of the building alone seems to make it a better fit. But is there any rumor of that closing? I sort of heard it once a while ago, but nothing substantial. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, but just because it'd fit well there doesn't mean it's going to close.

Also, I don't really see why putting it SR location would be idiotic. I assume you mean crowd control issues? Because I don't see how being landlocked has anything to do with this being a good location for Toothsome or not. I personally wouldn't see any more crowd control issues with Toothsome there as I do with Saddle Ranch already being there, with all the people that already clog up that area for pics next to the horse or watch one of the rare times the mechanical bull was actually going.

I don't understand what "city lines" means in regards to the proposed hotel at the base of Frankenstein.

As cool as it would be to have a hotel in the Saddle Ranch spot, where would the parking go? Seems they'd have to put in yet another garage or go underground.

On a final, unrelated note, still no word on what will go in the old magnet shop? Strange it'd close without a replaced being named yet.

To be honest, I personally think Hard Rock would be a better location as well... the relative size of the building alone seems to make it a better fit. But is there any rumor of that closing? I sort of heard it once a while ago, but nothing substantial. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, but just because it'd fit well there doesn't mean it's going to close.

Also, I don't really see why putting it SR location would be idiotic. I assume you mean crowd control issues? Because I don't see how being landlocked has anything to do with this being a good location for Toothsome or not. I personally wouldn't see any more crowd control issues with Toothsome there as I do with Saddle Ranch already being there.

I don't understand what "city lines" means in regards to the proposed hotel at the base of Frankenstein.

As cool as it would be to have a hotel in the Saddle Ranch spot, where would the parking go? Seems they'd have to put in yet another garage or go underground.

On a final, unrelated note, still no word on what will go in the old magnet shop? Strange it'd close without a replaced being named yet.

My thought would lie in an expansion of ET and a possible inclusion of a small parking structure at the Saddle/Hub/Preferred hotel would make sense.

Supposedly its lease is up in 2019.

Also, I don't really see why putting it SR location would be idiotic. I assume you mean crowd control issues? Because I don't see how being landlocked has anything to do with this being a good location for Toothsome or not. I personally wouldn't see any more crowd control issues with Toothsome there as I do with Saddle Ranch already being there, with all the people that already clog up that area for pics next to the horse or watch one of the rare times the mechanical bull was actually going.

It has literally nothing to do with crowd control and everything to do with the location of the hotel. Having it located directly in front of the park is an incentive for guests not to stay at the Hilton or Sheraton (neither are owned by Universal).

A city/county boarder crosses directly over that plot of land. Universal cannot build anything on it until the LA county gives them control of it.

King Kong parking lot. They'd have to build a small structure.