Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 417 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally I'm still not buying there is enough space for the ambitiousness of their plans. You can build up but I don't have faith in creative to do so, although last 4 attractions certainly prove I should have faith. I think they need ET but could and probably will be wrong.
There is sooooo much space within KidZone alone, let alone the vast backstage space that would be turned into guest space.

Reactions: Alicia
There is. But half the ride takes place outside. The queue and first/last part is in a tall skinny building in front of the middle of MK/DK.

Check out my new video for a better visual explanation. Been working on this all week. Let me know what you think y'all. (And sorry I'm fighting off a cold in the video.) It's the culmination of all my research thus far.

Excellent video, Alicia!

Personally I'm still not buying there is enough space for the ambitiousness of their plans. You can build up but I don't have faith in creative to do so, although last 4 attractions certainly prove I should have faith. I think they need ET but could and probably will be wrong.

KidZone is surprisingly deceptive in how much space it actually has, Animal Actors is a good chunk of space, and Barney plus it's queue is no small plot either. Add in the play areas -and- the backstage spaces it'll be utilizing, and they'll have plenty of space.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is they're building multilevel, and that method usually saves space in one way or another. That's how boardwalk parks are able to cram far more attractions then you think they could onto a pier, and the same can be applied to a major park.

Sort of yea. As both venture out above the land. But some inside dark ride elements remain in this incarnation of the Yoshi ride.
So, do you think that if Japan gets a Yoshi ride, it possibly will be a different one than ours? If the RVs are still Yoshi animatronics, that will be really cute to see outside.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the Yoshi ride sounds less and less appealing (especially with a good portion of it being outside) and its sorta sounding like the train in Seuss land. I'm so glad they didn't have to replace E.T. for this. (Of course I'm only going by impressions of what others are describing....who knows, it could turn out to be really good)

I kinda like the Seuss Trolley.

But I think it's obvious that the Yoshi ride is not being targeted at the same crowd as Mario Kart and DK's Coaster are. It's something that is going to be vital to the success of this area. If the Harry Potter areas have failed in any aspect, it's rides for young kids. Despite that not really being the demo, there's still NOTHING really for them unless you count Express. Even Hippogriff is a little intense.

Yoshi is for kids. Adults will still ride it, because Yoshi, but I never thought it would be really "intended" for anyone older than 10.

So, do you think that if Japan gets a Yoshi ride, it possibly will be a different one than ours? If the RVs are still Yoshi animatronics, that will be really cute to see outside.
I have no idea what Japan is getting compared to us, only what we're getting... but the commercial art for Japan leads me to believe both Yoshi rides will be pretty much the same.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the Yoshi ride sounds less and less appealing (especially with a good portion of it being outside) and its sorta sounding like the train in Seuss land. I'm so glad they didn't have to replace E.T. for this. (Of course I'm only going by impressions of what others are describing....who knows, it could turn out to be really good)
Yea, this is why I've been trying to temper everyone's hopes for this attraction. It's really meant for kids. It's meant to add some kinetic energy to the area. It is not an E-Ticket.

The way I look at it, the new land is offering something for everyone in the family.
  • Huge interactive play area for "kids" of all ages
  • Yoshi ride for kids
  • Mario Kart for families
  • Donkey Kong coaster for older kids and thrill seekers
Of course Universal and Nintendo have said that all the new attractions will be able to be enjoyed by people of all ages, so don't expect the coaster to be too thrilling, and don't expect the Yoshi ride to only be for little kids. Everything is kind of for everyone here, but you can kinda see what demographics they're going for for each one.

I kinda like the Seuss Trolley.

But I think it's obvious that the Yoshi ride is not being targeted at the same crowd as Mario Kart and DK's Coaster are. It's something that is going to be vital to the success of this area. If the Harry Potter areas have failed in any aspect, it's rides for young kids. Despite that not really being the demo, there's still NOTHING really for them unless you count Express. Even Hippogriff is a little intense.

Yoshi is for kids. Adults will still ride it, because Yoshi, but I never thought it would be really "intended" for anyone older than 10.
Seuss Trolly has always just been what I call the "lame peoplemover". If we got a Yoshi peoplemover style ride (that's actually continuously moving unlike Seuss), I would have absolutely no problem with that.

Reactions: Andysol and Alicia
Yoshi, to me, sounds like Universal's version of Alice in Wonderland, rather than the Peoplemover. If it's anywhere near that good, it's a huge plus for the park
Visually, Alice is my favorite classic Disneyland dark ride and tied with Toad for favorite classic dark ride overall. I would love something like that.

I have no idea what Japan is getting compared to us, only what we're getting... but the commercial art for Japan leads me to believe both Yoshi rides will be pretty much the same.

Yea, this is why I've been trying to temper everyone's hopes for this attraction. It's really meant for kids. It's meant to add some kinetic energy to the area. It is not an E-Ticket.

The way I look at it, the new land is offering something for everyone in the family.
  • Huge interactive play area for "kids" of all ages
  • Yoshi ride for kids
  • Mario Kart for families
  • Donkey Kong coaster for older kids and thrill seekers
Of course Universal and Nintendo have said that all the new attractions will be able to be enjoyed by people of all ages, so don't expect the coaster to be too thrilling, and don't expect the Yoshi ride to only be for little kids. Everything is kind of for everyone here, but you can kinda see what demographics they're going for for each one.
Yes. If anyone remembers, basically that's what we were saying in the Nintendo threads many months back. Yoshii will be a cute, fun, high capacity family/kids omnimover type ride, nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: zg44

From what I've been able to gather the 1.0 version of the land will be 98% the same at all 3 parks. With subtle differences like how each Hogsmeade is the same with subtle differences.

Wow awesome video! I can't believe we all know so much about the attractions already... How certain is it that the cars will be four persons each vehicle and will all four be facing the same direction like Test Track? I saw in some renderings they were facing opposite directions like Toy Story Midway Mania. Is there a chance more than 2 cars could race at a time?

Also although we are many many years away from SNW being completed I'm already really curious about what type of Pokemon attractions are being pitched.

Wow awesome video! I can't believe we all know so much about the attractions already... How certain is it that the cars will be four persons each vehicle and will all four be facing the same direction like Test Track? I saw in some renderings they were facing opposite directions like Toy Story Midway Mania. Is there a chance more than 2 cars could race at a time?

Also although we are many many years away from SNW being completed I'm already really curious about what type of Pokemon attractions are being pitched.
All 4 will face same direction. That picture with opposite ways was only for a patent to illustrate how controls could work and is not specifically for MK.

Everything I've heard so far has said 4 per car: 2 in front and 2 in back... However things could change. Especially if they want to get the capacity higher. Still waiting to see if anything changes on that front.

Only 2 cars at a time so far as far as I've heard, but with multiple AA (and/or AR) characters to give the illusion of more on the track. I think some of the neatest moments on the ride may be when a car with an AA comes outta nowhere right beside you.

And I have absolutely no insider knowledge of any Pokemon rides yet myself. Maybe others on the forum have heard some pitches. I can't wait to hear more myself. But we still have a few years left before phase 1 and I'm sure we'll be hearing more about a phase 2 in the coming years.

Reactions: Magic-Man and jrn14
Honestly, people gripe and complain that Universal has no slow moving dark rides....and now, here you go...People need to realize that every ride is not necessarily for them

Yoshi, to me, sounds like Universal's version of Alice in Wonderland, rather than the Peoplemover. If it's anywhere near that good, it's a huge plus for the park
Exactly, this will be a huge plus for them

I'm amazed by how accurate the promo images and video for the new land is. Now, I know these are for Japan, but I believe everything in these two images will also be in our version. I'm guessing Japan will not be getting Donkey Kong since they purposely cropped it out or put the Mario Bros in front of it (if you look behind their butts in the first pic you can actually see palm trees and sand texture for where it goes in the art.)

I labeled real items for the land as best I could from researching the past year. I still get a kick out of seeing Yoshis walking across that bridge on the right, since that's where the Yoshi ride path will be above the land. So accurate. (As far as I've heard.) You may need to click and zoom in on the second one to see everything.

View attachment 5855

View attachment 5857

One thing I don't get is what is to the right of Peach's Castle when you walk in. I know that the Donkey Kong entrance is there, and possibly a gift shop, but what else is there? It kinda looks like the path on the Upper Level dead ends. Am I missing something?

Edit: Also, will the Yoshi ride have interactive elements that the guests walking around can use? Like a water cannon sort of thing

One thing I don't get is what is to the right of Peach's Castle when you walk in. I know that the Donkey Kong entrance is there, and possibly a gift shop, but what else is there? It kinda looks like the path on the Upper Level dead ends. Am I missing something?

Edit: Also, will the Yoshi ride have interactive elements that the guests walking around can use? Like a water cannon sort of thing
The path on the upper level above the gift shop is part of the Yoshi ride path. You cannot walk that way.

Reactions: Magic-Man