Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, to be clear, my post was a gut feeling. Outside Park 3, I have no idea what they're planning on Site B
I have a feeling they have a longterm plan that includes two more dry parks (so four total). One will definitely get built, but one could just be a goal that they set for some year down the line. Whether they ever actually hit that goal would be another question entirely.

I have a feeling they have a longterm plan that includes two more dry parks (so four total). One will definitely get built, but one could just be a goal that they set for some year down the line. Whether they ever actually hit that goal would be another question entirely.

I mean it makes sense. @zg44 mentioned looking at how Comcast tends to do business, well, they have done well and they are pretty smart about things. They need to diversify and I imagine they have great free cash flow right now. Their investment thus far seems to be working (I think in better than they may have expected), so they are thinking ahead and getting things squared up so they can continue to grow if things keep working as well as they are.

They have enough to get started, but I also think they are in no rush and it is great (to me) that they continue to improve the current gates.

Reactions: Coasted and zg44
They've already done concept art for a Dreamworks hotel resort & a Madagascar themed pool, so I would think that's something they are 'considering' for the new property.

Looking at the concept art for that hotel, I have to assume that would be a 'value' hotel.

Looking at the concept art for that hotel, I have to assume that would be a 'value' hotel.

I was wondering if they would try something along the lines of what that Nick. Suits had done in Orlando...not the water park thing, but suits and characters always around, maybe bigger rooms than Cabana, but totally family focused.

I just think things like that, having a Cirque show (or any show) all in an area near OCCC...I just think they can cater to convention and to theme park fans out where they have that land back.

I was wondering if they would try something along the lines of what that Nick. Suits had done in Orlando...not the water park thing, but suits and characters always around, maybe bigger rooms than Cabana, but totally family focused.

I just think things like that, having a Cirque show (or any show) all in an area near OCCC...I just think they can cater to convention and to theme park fans out where they have that land back.

In a way, I can see DW be a moderate in a way; and then to have Cirque be the Hard Rock of the Southern property (only, with the entire experience being Cirque.

And also, as far as Cirque and Disney goes; the only show they have with Disney, is closing this year for a new show. And even then, Universal Orlando has Blue Man Group (which was acquired by Cirque a while back), and countless other live shows across the world, with a huge chunk in Vegas.

While unlikely, Universal can purchase and/or strike a deal with Rosen Shingle Creek hotel to convert it into a Universal golf resort.
You certainly wonder if Rosen would sell off any assets given they have the most to lose with Universal’s push to add hotel rooms in the International Drive area.

Then again Rosen could wind up taking out the smaller players as Universal grows.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think Universal could easily plan 2 dry parks, a water park and entertainment district on their land with a ton of hotels if they take a page out of Phantasialand in Germany.
Below you see one hotel as a backdrop in the park. Ik makes for desirable rooms (the other side will have pool view so no bad views anywhere) and it blocks out the outside world very effectively.
lb_blackmamba_03.jpeg

They have 3 large hotels and the total amount of land is actually very small.
44040.800.jpg

Disney does not own Cirque.
Thanks, not sure where I got that from

I think Universal could easily plan 2 dry parks, a water park and entertainment district on their land with a ton of hotels if they take a page out of .. in Germany.
Below you see one hotel as a backdrop in the park. Ik makes for desirable rooms (the other side will have pool view so no bad views anywhere) and it blocks out the outside world very effectively.
lb_blackmamba_03.jpeg

They have 3 large hotels and the total amount of land is actually very small.
44040.800.jpg
This has been the rumored experience of the new park...Almost an all-inclusive feeling....DisneySea would be another good example of what I speculate they are aiming for...

Side note: I hope to visit Phantasialand once in my life - beautiful park

That actually could work...having the park/parks surround the hotels/citywalk/maybe waterpark which are also themed in conjunction to mesh with the parks with closed routes leading through the park allowing people to see the park and add a sense of immersion and a bubble. It also could be used to block off I drive from those staying at the resort and the park as well as the only view would be a park view.

Forcing people who go to citywalk 2.0 will see the inside of the park and maybe realize they want to go in and do something and i know kids who see something going on in the park will be like lets go!

It would be fun.

You know, after some thought about what could go into here...What about a toy theme area? Hot Wheels, Board Games (Candy Land, etc)

Someone did a kind of marketing stunt with it...idk, just throwing ideas out

Status
Not open for further replies.