Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

yea it was pouring down i passed by orlando.(had a track meet) but i must say that rockit is indeed huge i only saw the lift from the highway and it towers over everything but dr.doom

It is official, it is testing!! We were at the park today and I personally saw it run the track twice. My phone video is a joke and really crappy so I won't post it. I did have the pleasure of running into/meeting David (dyates63) there though as we were both standing around waiting for the ride to test! David I know got a great video of HRRR testing and will be posting it up here tonight hopefully!

They were running the train really, really slowly up the lift hill. The loop looks really cool but overall I thought the train went incredibly slow-looked like a kid coaster. Now of course this could be since they pulled up the lift hill so slow and just let gravity run it, then throw in the brake runs and it goes pretty slow. Obviously it is in test mode so I'm sure it's not running full speed yet. However if that was full speed we're gonna have a lot of disappointed coaster riders and Universal just wasted some money. Probably not the case though!

It was really exciting though to see it actually running. There were a bunch of employees/managers gathered around watching too and I heard a lot of people cheering. And of course a lot of dumb guests thinking they could go ride it right then and there, lol! We didn't see it personally but an employee told me it was testing right before we walked out of Hard Rock Cafe and it tripped on the brake run above Twister (the high one), and got stuck. They had a worker up there for a while working on something before we saw it run and it seemed fine after that. Hope to see pics and videos soon!

It is official, it is testing!! We were at the park today and I personally saw it run the track twice. My phone video is a joke and really crappy so I won't post it. I did have the pleasure of running into/meeting David (dyates63) there though as we were both standing around waiting for the ride to test! David I know got a great video of HRRR testing and will be posting it up here tonight hopefully!

They were running the train really, really slowly up the lift hill. The loop looks really cool but overall I thought the train went incredibly slow-looked like a kid coaster. Now of course this could be since they pulled up the lift hill so slow and just let gravity run it, then throw in the brake runs and it goes pretty slow. Obviously it is in test mode so I'm sure it's not running full speed yet. However if that was full speed we're gonna have a lot of disappointed coaster riders and Universal just wasted some money. Probably not the case though!

It was really exciting though to see it actually running. There were a bunch of employees/managers gathered around watching too and I heard a lot of people cheering. And of course a lot of dumb guests thinking they could go ride it right then and there, lol! We didn't see it personally but an employee told me it was testing right before we walked out of Hard Rock Cafe and it tripped on the brake run above Twister (the high one), and got stuck. They had a worker up there for a while working on something before we saw it run and it seemed fine after that. Hope to see pics and videos soon!

We were actually there today and left around 3pm. :bang: We grabbed pics of the track. Can't wait to see David's video though.

From today.

Enjoy, all you anxious coaster fans.

546030737_b6eqw-L.jpg

546030618_8nybB-L.jpg

546029686_Bz4HB-L.jpg

546029380_wPfbr-L.jpg

546029464_Jgd2Q-L.jpg

546029755_9gjVw-L.jpg

546029810_gs546-L.jpg

546029881_89aSj-L.jpg

546029910_9tzSR-L.jpg

546030020_fuJhH-L.jpg

546030219_SxjVA-L.jpg

546030328_TRyZF-L.jpg

546030504_UXxR5-L.jpg

You were probably standing right by David and I today, we should have had a meet up!

That'd be cool. I took those when it was on the run when it broke down, I then left USF after I waited a few mins and it was up over Twister for a while with no end in sight.

Awesome videos guys. Good to know it's testing now. Since it's testing it should soft open within a month. Probably around July 3rd. Right Kevin?