Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I'll say this, everyone poo pooed on Mission Breakout before it debut to rave reviews....

If you want a preview of this ride, imagine MB on a coaster track...should still be a comical fun ride through the GotG movieverse the "could but probably never be updated" due to the screens within the coaster building
Except MB basically cost pennies to convert whereas the Epcot ride is going to cost over $300M. Somehow.

Tron too.

Except MB basically cost pennies to convert whereas the Epcot ride is going to cost over $300M. Somehow.

Tron too.

True statement...the issues with Epcot is that the current building could not handle the structure of the ride as currently planned so unfortunately a new build is required which ramps up the price. Still unacceptable...

A Groot AA in addition to Rocket would’ve looked incredible. That would’ve been some nice icing on the cake.

Also really disappointed to hear how tame this ride will be. Being that this is based on a PG-13 film mainly for teenagers and older kids, I don’t think it’s outrageous to make this more thrilling. If y’all are thinking Epcot needs more family thrill rides...well, there’s Test Track and Mission. I don’t think having one high thrill coaster would be outrageous being that every other park will have one (MK: Tron, AK: Everest, DHS: RnRC).

A Groot AA in addition to Rocket would’ve looked incredible. That would’ve been some nice icing on the cake.

Also really disappointed to hear how tame this ride will be. Being that this is based on a PG-13 film mainly for teenagers and older kids, I don’t think it’s outrageous to make this more thrilling. If y’all are thinking Epcot needs more family thrill rides...well, there’s Test Track and Mission. I don’t think having one high thrill coaster would be outrageous being that every other park will have one (MK: Tron, AK: Everest, DHS: RnRC).

I agree, this is an IP for teens and older, and they really should design the ride for that core audience.

I can understanding strong feelings one way or another with respect to what people want from this attraction's intensity level, but really... the intensity is not going to be what makes-or-breaks this thing.

Everything I have heard about this project points to this attraction being WDWs take on DLs Space Mountain post 05' refurb.
That version has a launch right? Since the Jules Verne style space travel used a cannon to go into space? Or am I misremembering?

That version has a launch right? Since the Jules Verne style space travel used a cannon to go into space? Or am I misremembering?

Apologies I should have been more specific as I was talking about the SM out in Anaheim. You are on the right track that a launch would be included in the layout as I've heard the same.

No launch, although when you're riding it, it feels like there should be one. Either way, that ride is fun, but I actually enjoy WDWs more (I know, crazy right?), because DL's is pretty much all turns. Sure it's smoother and has on-board audio, but the track layout is just far less compelling than the WDW version imo.

Don't get too down on the intensity of the ride yet. It's not going to be RNRC where it'll have inversions, but that doesn't mean the speed at which the ride reaches still won't be high. TRON has no inversions and is pretty short tbh, yet most people that have been on it love it.

This might be somewhat of a controversial post, but Disney building family coasters sits better with me than Universal replacing a more teen/adult oriented pair of coasters with a family coaster. The reason being, I just see Universal as better off being the yin to Disney's yang. To me, you can't beat Disney at its own game, and I see Uni tearing down Dragons and replacing it with a family coaster as them trying to do just that. The thing that got me into Uni in the first place was the fact that they were an edgier, adult-oriented contrast to Disney. And I'd love to see them stay that way.

Again, JMO.

This might be somewhat of a controversial post, but Disney building family coasters sits better with me than Universal replacing a more teen/adult oriented pair of coasters with a family coaster. The reason being, I just see Universal as better off being the yin to Disney's yang. To me, you can't beat Disney at its own game, and I see Uni tearing down Dragons and replacing it with a family coaster as them trying to do just that. The thing that got me into Uni in the first place was the fact that they were an edgier, adult-oriented contrast to Disney. And I'd love to see them stay that way.

Again, JMO.

I think Universal still are the edgier more adult oriented park but not every adult likes coasters.

Again, JMO.
I think the decision to take out Dragons was purely from an aesthetic point of view...If you think about it, no matter how classic, DD was an eyesore in the HP universe...It made sense at the beginning when IOA had the full LC area...

I say, if you think Universal has lost its edge, consider that they completely re tracked Hulk rather than taking it down...I think that means something