New Theater at Magic Kingdom | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also in the permit, it confirms that the new theater will be located at the bypass trail, taking over the CM Parking Lot right next to it.

I am curious to hear more, because if they are wanting to get this ready by Galaxy's Edge and Runaway Railway; we should hear more news on what is coming to the theater by around next year.

This is perfect for the MK. And I do believe that they are aiming for an almost "Broadway Quality" experience that a single IP show gives. Similar to what they have been doing in the Hyperian Theater at DCA.

Universal needs one of these...

where T2 is would work nicely. They could move the Shrek IP in there with Shrek: The Musical. That would replace an older 3D attraction that is not very family friendly with another high quality kid friendly non-3D attraction at the front of the park.

Last edited:
This is perfect for the MK. And I do believe that they are aiming for an almost "Broadway Quality" experience that a single IP show gives. Similar to what they have been doing in the Hyperian Theater at DCA.

Universal needs one of these...

where T2 is would work nicely. They could move the Shrek IP in there with Shrek: The Musical. That would replace an older 3D attraction that is not very family friendly with another high quality kid friendly non-3D attraction at the front of the park.
I'd rather see Universal rip out the outdoor amphitheater next to Rockit and build an indoor venue there.(heck, they could rip out Rockit too and I wouldn't cry. Worst Universal coaster....yes I'm bitter that Dragons closed over this piece of garbage.)

Back to Magic Kingdom...I love that they're building this venue. This announcement was so unexpected and like many others have said, this will eat crowds and add a potentially excellent show to the park.

Now if only they'd add a new E-ticket in Adventureland...

Well, just reaffirming my belief that WDWNT has no primary sources but secondhand rumors..

Work does not begin next week on the theater.

Rather, Park 1 CM parking closes due to the annual staging of filming stuff for the WDW holiday parade.

Once that concludes, the decision has been made to not reopen Park 1 so that construction can then begin on the theater complex.

Well, just reaffirming my belief that WDWNT has no primary sources but secondhand rumors..

Work does not begin next week on the theater.

Rather, Park 1 CM parking closes due to the annual staging of filming stuff for the WDW holiday parade.

Once that concludes, the decision has been made to not reopen Park 1 so that construction can then begin on the theater complex.
Didn’t they say that in the article?

Here's the superimposed view from Blog Mickey:
mk-theater-permit-11202017-1.jpg

BREAKING: Permits Filed for Magic Kingdom Theater Building - Blog Mickey

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
My question is are they going to rename Town Square Theater which sits directly in front of this? It would confuse a lot of people to have two buildings named a Theater next to each other even though only one of them is an actual theater.

8038097886_bb88c1481e_b.jpg

Reactions: Scott W.
My question is are they going to rename Town Square Theater which sits directly in front of this? It would confuse a lot of people to have two buildings named a Theater next to each other even though only one of them is an actual theater.

Just pull the sign and put up "Mickey's Meet and Great". #truthinadvertising

WDWNT had some news on the theatre today. I feel like it's just confirming stuff we already assumed though.

The theater will hold around 2000 guests, with 1500 of them seated on the main floor, and another roughly 500 on a mezzanine level. It will be very similar in size to the Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure, but not nearly as tall and steep. To accommodate all of these guests, two new sets of restrooms will be a part of the structure, with one set located outside and another within (meaning guests won’t have to leave the building if they have to use the facilities while a show is taking place). The entrance to one of the outside restrooms is visible in the concept art above, located all the way to the left by the popcorn cart”

Rather than DCA's Hyperion, others are saying that the theatre is more comparable to the Broadway Music Theatre in Tokyo Disney Sea, which currently houses Big Band Beat.

BREAKING: New Details, Opening Timeframe Revealed for Magic Kingdom's Broadway-Style Theater - WDW News Today

I wouldn't mind if they renamed it as a "movie house" or "picture house", etc.. I'm not sure exactly what terms are appropriate for the period.