Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

Where should one post such important Disney parks news? Please let us know...
Yes, you are correct Teebs. I guess it's OK to start a thread about fans being too fan friendly, but it isn't OK to talk about legitimate theme park news that sites like Theme Park Insider have a front page story on. Ridiculous.

Pixar Pier is happening, whether or not you like. I hate it. But it's happening. Pixar is not shutting down, stop. As Joe said, all further posts please remain on topic, thank you.

12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas: Working Model of Pixar Pier Shows Newly Themed Areas Coming Summer 2018 to Disney California Adventure Park | Disney Parks Blog

mlasd-624x351.jpg

bnhfgdfh-613x409.jpg

Personally saying this, the designs of the buildings on the midway with what seems to be widening (I think) is a great move, and I do hope that the fact they look generic means that it can change back to Paradise Pier after a period of time.

Very cool! Love the behind the scenes action where they can sit and watch the POV for the ride.
I guessing this retheme will take the better part of 2018 to finish?
I will be in the area in April, so I'm thinking I won't see any of this, other than construction walls. :(

Very cool! Love the behind the scenes action where they can sit and watch the POV for the ride.
I will be in the area in April, so I'm thinking I won't see any of this, other than construction walls. :(
I'd expect it to be open by the time Incredibles 2 hits theaters (6/15/2018), much like GotG:MB was ready for Vol. 2 this year.

The majority of it will be open in time for Pixar Fest. Flick's Flyers will be relocated to the pier a little bit later.

*Watches video*

So let me get this straight, first we have DCA 1.0, then they put in a nice amount of money, time and effort into turning into DCA 2.0 and getting away from DCA 1.0. An' now they're putting time, money & effort (All with a ?) into turning into something that would feel right at home in the DCA 1.0 era.

Sometimes you should just let a big coaster be a big coaster, folks. Tacking a IP on like this doesn't really sit well, especially knowing we're getting this instead of say, a full-fledged darkride.

And to think that Disney could've had a Incredibles dark ride with the Kuka Arm dark ride system..

It's embarassing of the fact that what will be in the tunnels are static, and that it makes me even more angry of the fact that it's damaging something that shouldn't be damaged at all.

And to think that Disney could've had a Incredibles dark ride with the Kuka Arm dark ride system..

It's embarassing of the fact that what will be in the tunnels are static, and that it makes me even more angry of the fact that it's damaging something that shouldn't be damaged at all.
While I would agree, and am bummed I won’t get to go on Screamin’ for six months, I felt very strongly against Breakout and now that’s my favorite ride in DCA. Plus, who said they’re going to be static figures? I think they might surprise us with some AAs. They’re not going back in this so we can at least give this a chance. Who knows, they could toss in some more surprises.

If they'd change the speed (or any elements of California Screamin for Incredicoaster), we would've known it when they announced Pixar Pier.
Yes, no reason to believe they are changing anything about the ride except the color of the paint and fixing the ugliness of the load station (and the on-board audio).