How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
Wow this really sucks for Universal. Now they have not one but two lands in there parks that are now DISNEY IPs. I'm aware this doesn't affect there theme park rights. But, there basically promoting there competition at this point. Having The Simpsons in there parks isn't a big deal compared to Marvel. I doubt Disney would ever incorporate that IP into there parks. But, this goes to show that Universal should have more of a focus on promoting there own IPs. Who agrees or disagrees?

Wow this really sucks for Universal. Now they have not one but two lands in there parks that are now DISNEY IPs. I'm aware this doesn't affect there theme park rights. But, there basically promoting there competition at this point. Having The Simpsons in there parks isn't a big deal compared to Marvel. I doubt Disney would ever incorporate that IP into there parks. But, this goes to show that Universal should have more of a focus on promoting there own IPs. Who agrees or disagrees?
Universal having Marvel in IoA is one of the great coups in theme park history.

You are aware that they're extremely cheap and in perpetuity and block Disney from using a lot of the Marvel content in their Orlando parks.

Disney would literally have to pay Universal hundreds of millions to cancel the contract (and Universal would say "no we don't want your money, we're keeping the rights").

Universal having Marvel in IoA is one of the great coups in theme park history.

You are aware that they're extremely cheap and in perpetuity and block Disney from using a lot of the Marvel content in their Orlando parks.

Disney would literally have to pay Universal hundreds of millions to cancel the contract (and Universal would say "no we don't want your money, we're keeping the rights").

They have said this in the past!

"Wow this really sucks for Universal" - Nope, quite the contrary in fact. Why? Well you then immediately say a couple of the reasons...

"Now they have not one but two lands in there parks that are now DISNEY IPs. I'm aware this doesn't affect there theme park rights." - Since the theme park rights arn't affected, Universal get's to happily keep the lands/attractions of IP's Disney has to pay/maintain. As others have mentioned, this is NOT a case where Universal is promoting Disney IP's, this is a case where Disney is promoting/advertising what Universal has. In the case of Marvel, the MCU is making serious bank and keeping the IP well within relevancy for a very long time. It's the best advertising for Universal, and they don't have to spend a single penny to get it. Disney does the heavy lifting, and Universal get's the benefits.

"I doubt Disney would ever incorporate that IP into there parks." - Even better for Universal, they're taking advantage of a IP Disney's not going to use! Meanwhile, people are probably going to wonder why is Disney paying for a IP they're not going to use in the parks.

Seriously, the only way this would suck for Universal is if this changed the theme park rights and/or Disney decided to tank Marvel/Simpsons to throw them out of relevancy. But this is not changing the theme park rights, and considering how much of a cash cow the MCU is, Disney just can't tank it because that would make no sense from a company who's business is to make money. Shareholders/higher ups etc would be furiously calling for heads if that happened.

With that wonderful Marvel contract, Universal isn't just a thorn in Disney's side, it's jabbed in a major artery. If Disney ever dared to pull it out (tank the MCU/Marvel out of relevancy), it would be Disney who would suffer more from it then Universal.

"Wow this really sucks for Universal" - Nope, quite the contrary in fact. Why? Well you then immediately say a couple of the reasons...

"Now they have not one but two lands in there parks that are now DISNEY IPs. I'm aware this doesn't affect there theme park rights." - Since the theme park rights arn't affected, Universal get's to happily keep the lands/attractions of IP's Disney has to pay/maintain. As others have mentioned, this is NOT a case where Universal is promoting Disney IP's, this is a case where Disney is promoting/advertising what Universal has. In the case of Marvel, the MCU is making serious bank and keeping the IP well within relevancy for a very long time. It's the best advertising for Universal, and they don't have to spend a single penny to get it. Disney does the heavy lifting, and Universal get's the benefits.

"I doubt Disney would ever incorporate that IP into there parks." - Even better for Universal, they're taking advantage of a IP Disney's not going to use! Meanwhile, people are probably going to wonder why is Disney paying for a IP they're not going to use in the parks.

Seriously, the only way this would suck for Universal is if this changed the theme park rights and/or Disney decided to tank Marvel/Simpsons to throw them out of relevancy. But this is not changing the theme park rights, and considering how much of a cash cow the MCU is, Disney just can't tank it because that would make no sense from a company who's business is to make money. Shareholders/higher ups etc would be furiously calling for heads if that happened.

With that wonderful Marvel contract, Universal isn't just a thorn in Disney's side, it's jabbed in a major artery. If Disney ever dared to pull it out (tank the MCU/Marvel out of relevancy), it would be Disney who would suffer more from it then Universal.
At the same time, it's not really bad for Disney either (at least the Simpsons deal) considering they are unlikely to ever use The Simpsons in their park even if they could. So why not make some royalties off of the franchise, right? Disney owning The Simpsons does mean that Uni will need to come up with a replacement for the land once the contract is up now, although I hardly think Uni is sweating that too much as The ride will be in dire need of replacement by then, anyway.

Hey, if they ever need a replacement...

b89c70c60f195b30c99b3e4383b4c068

Just sayin’.

Hey, if they ever need a replacement...

b89c70c60f195b30c99b3e4383b4c068

Just sayin’.
I wish, although it would need a new ride film, maybe different segments that are randomized as we chase Biff through the space-time continuum to up re-rideability. Then a Hill Valley makeover for Springfield. Turn Kwik E Mart into the Blast from the Past giftshop, Fast Food Boulevard becomes the Cafe 80's and the Tilt and Hurl becomes Goldie Wilson III's Hover Conversions. That will never happen though.:cry:

As I said before Coening is ending the show after 2019. Not sure if Disney can mess with him if he decides to stop with the series. He's doing a new Netflix animated series so Disney bought a soon to be dead ip. Then again I think Simpsons would fit Epcot perfectly. Season 14 episode 7 was a hoot.