Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Volcano Bay says hi.

Sure thing, I mean, I bet VB sells a lot of merch. So, the company creates some IPs, they rent some IPs, and they buy some IPs.

Hm, if they build a show, they could design in a theme that may sell something.

On the other hand, they could try to give life to an older IP via one of their parks.

If non of that works, they helped capacity, cut down cost, and bought themselves time until they can work in a better show.

Obviously not what I said. I said it doesn’t move merch. It has a single small stand and you don’t really see anyone with anything from it.

They just built a whole theme park with no IP's that push merch when they easily could have designed it with IP's. It's highly relevant.
IPs do matter to them within the gates of Studios and IOA...Once something is irrelevant, it is marked...A slide at VB is not the same, An on-site hotel is not the same...Merch sales matter to them in regards to replacing attractions in the "big parks"....I will agree with you that VB sells merch and F&B, but, that's not what we are talking about..I don't expect something non-IP to fill T2's space

Not picking..but why timestamp when it's the tail end?

Fixed it, but even then; I wouldn't trust Universal Newscast if I were you. And even then, they just glossed over the T2 replacement like it's nothing. And to be honest, that's probably more due to the lack of a solid replacement rumor in the midst around everyone.

And the timeline seems more like this (with confirmed elements already in place for Orlando).

2018: Supercharged, Cinespec replacement
2019: HP Hogsmeade Expansion/Coaster (Probably Forbidden Forest), Bond/Bourne (Probably Bourne)
2020: Secret Life of Pets

The ones that are a bit more confusing is Nintendo and Ministry. If I had to be honest, I have to think Ministry and SNW Phase 1 are 2021 and SNW P1.5 is 2022. But even then, we still have to take into account for whatever comes down south, and when that does come down.

And that's not taking into possible replacements of Lost Continent (Which has been suggested of ideas consisting of Berk, Christmas Wonderland, or possibly more) or Toon Lagoon in the midst of all this.

Last edited:
So I guess at this point it's safe to rule the dynamic theater out? Seems like they'll be reusing the T2 theater
It seems pretty likely it is the same theater, but the Jimmy Fallon simulator went in pretty quietly, so I'm still hoping for something better than the same theater

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I feel like Mortal Engines could be replacing Terminator. The attraction is described on a high-energy ride based on a Universal franchise. Mortal Engines definitely seems like it could fit that bill. Peter Jackson does have a good working relationship with Universal also. I could easily see it not being though since it's only a proposed franchise, and the first movie doesn't even come out for a year.

I don’t see that happening. It’s better for Universal to see if it’s a success before deciding to make an attraction out of it. Sure, the last time they made an attraction to a film they thought would be a massive hit but then bombed hard was Waterworld, but lighting never strikes twice. I’m still going to stubbornly say that Bourne, Sing, or Pitch Perfect could be the replacement.

hes more then an icon hes the american Godzilla. Which is both good and bad.
p7323_d_v7_aa.jpg
SonofKong-2.jpg