Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I’ve seen discussion it’s a sneak preview of the Millennium Falcon attraction. Could be a render.
Oh yeah, it's definitely of the Falcon. I could see this being a render now that you mention it.

Supposedly they are going to do a news dump on SW:GE on Saturday at the Galactic Nights event at Hollywood Studios.

From the Disney Parks Twitter. Not sure if this is just a pic of the film set or if they actually have it pieced together somewhere (maybe Anaheim is far enough along?)

63A1D423-9C1C-4264-BDE5-B5DB27391A5B.jpeg

This looks pretty respectable, and durable for general theme park traffic. They could never have quite as many gizmos and other electronics in the general line. That stuff would be torn to shreds in a month. It looks pretty good in that respect.

Oh yeah, it's definitely of the Falcon. I could see this being a render now that you mention it.

Supposedly they are going to do a news dump on SW:GE on Saturday at the Galactic Nights event at Hollywood Studios.
I hope we get official titles for the main two attractions, rather than just "Battle Escape" and "Millennium Falcon."

I’d be surprised, no reason to do that. Plus we all remember the last time rumors popped up of Star Wars announcements at a DHS event....

I’d be surprised, no reason to do that. Plus we all remember the last time rumors popped up of Star Wars announcements at a DHS event....

One thing that may be mentioned, is that there sounds like there will be an entire panel on Galaxies Edge. The question, is what they talk about.

One thing that may be mentioned, is that there sounds like there will be an entire panel on Galaxies Edge. The question, is what they talk about.
"Inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge" and will feature a panel of both WDI and LucasFilm people involved in the project, including Trowbridge. Doug Chiang will be representing LucasFilm as their VP/Creative Director.

Once again i'll be keeping expectations low, but I do expect they are going to give the people that paid $130 to get into the event something. It could just be certain specs and geek info about the attractions, it could be the attraction's names. They can't wait until another D23 however to release the names as DL's SWL will be open by then, so the names have to be announced sometime, right?

"Inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge" and will feature a panel of both WDI and LucasFilm people involved in the project, including Trowbridge. Doug Chiang will be representing LucasFilm as their VP/Creative Director.

Once again i'll be keeping expectations low, but I do expect they are going to give the people that paid $130 something to get into the event something. It could just be certain specs and geek info about the attractions, it could be the attraction's names. They can't wait until another D23 however to release the names as DL's SWL will be open by then, so the names have to be announced sometime, right?

I say it’s less likely because Disney doesn’t need to sell Star Wars fans during a hard ticket on this. Plus info about it two years before it’s done is pretty crazy. I think it’ll be fluff, not much more than what was at D23.

I say it’s less likely because Disney doesn’t need to sell Star Wars fans during a hard ticket on this. Plus info about it two years before it’s done is pretty crazy. I think it’ll be fluff, not much more than what was at D23.
Not that I don't agree for the most part, but we are way inside the 2 year mark for DL's opening and even inside of 2 years for DHS. Current schedule has DL opening around May-June 2019 and anytime from Sept-Nov of 2019 at DHS. Since DL opens first and is the exact same content wise, we have to treat that as what Disney is counting down to.

I wonder if Disney will once again show off videos and pictures of Disneyland's construction progress and attempt to pass that off as Hollywood Studios.
While I don't want them to be disingenuous about it, I would welcome pics of DL's SWL if only because pics of current progress of SW:GE out there is incredibly tough to track since the only aerials that have come out from there are from commercial planes.

We get aerials of our version just about once a week.

While I don't want them to be disingenuous about it, I would welcome pics of DL's SWL if only because pics of current progress of SW:GE out there is incredibly tough to track since the only aerials that have come out from there are from commercial planes.

We get aerials of our version just about once a week.

Oh, I welcome seeing what's happening out west, too. I just want them to be up front about it.

There will be 9 rides in the parks with most being of either D/E Ticket caliber once SWL opens. It would seem that popularity of ToT and RNRC will drop dramatically once Mickey and the two SWL attractions open.

The park will likely still be split into two tiers. Battle Escape, Mickey, Falcon and RNRC will likely all be top tier. The rest will all be second tier, which would mean you could only choose one from that first tier and then two from the remaining. It will definitely be a Pandora type thing where you're going to have to get there real early AND have a FP.
Tower of Terror, possibly the best ride in orlando is 2nd tier to a Vekoma launch coaster?

Tower of Terror, possibly the best ride in orlando is 2nd tier to a Vekoma launch coaster?
Considering ToT is higher capacity making for shorter lines, and RNRC is one of the most popular attractions in the resort due to being the only truly thrilling coaster, then yeah, it makes sense. And that's coming from someone who's second favorite attraction of all time is DHS's ToT.

From the Disney Parks Twitter. Not sure if this is just a pic of the film set or if they actually have it pieced together somewhere (maybe Anaheim is far enough along?)

63A1D423-9C1C-4264-BDE5-B5DB27391A5B.jpeg

Maybe a render, there is no way anything in the attraction is this far along.

That being said i really do hope they achieve this style of loading/unloading. It would be such a cool experience.

It would also be really cool if the queue had us walking up into the faclon and looping around inside it.

I'd love to see C3P0 and R2-D2 sitting at the chess table playing, with comic banter.

Could just be for Galactic Nights, but the construction wall is down at the end of Grand Avenue. Everything on Grand Ave is finished behind the fence and it is expected that the fence moves all the way up to the Tunnel entrance very soon.

EDIT: Looks like walls are down for good:

Last edited:
Interesting, the blue one kinda looks like a slushee? Not what I was expecting.

The only way it was ever going to work was as a frozen drink. Personally, I think they should get the recipe from Kings Island's blue ice cream, make it a milkshake and call it a day.