Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 420 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's the proposed L.S.?

In an intriguing thing to note, it looks like there may be two exits on the east side, with only having one entrance as the pipe.

It also looks like they may have a curved wall of some sorts (facade maybe) that will block SNW out of sight, going all the way from Springfield to the first exit on the right.

Which, will mean that the second exit on the right will dump people right at ET Adventure.

Reactions: Paulio
In an intriguing thing to note, it looks like there may be two exits on the east side, with only having one entrance as the pipe.

It also looks like they may have a curved wall of some sorts (facade maybe) that will block SNW out of sight, going all the way from Springfield to the first exit on the right.

Which, will mean that the second exit on the right will dump people right at ET Adventure.

Dang. It looks like @AliciaStella was almost exactly right

Dang. It looks like @AliciaStella was almost exactly right

To also add, next to the Warp Pipe entrance, it looks like they may have some new building's set up of some kind, crossing into Springfield and even being seemingly attached to the curved wall.

My instant thought, is that they may be doing something similar to Springfield Hollywood's backdrop facade, but on a larger scale.

Is anyone else worried about the entrance being too crowded, especially during the first couple months?

If anything, I fear more for the exits, as that is asking to be a clusterbomb right next to ET.

Honestly, with Hello Kitty seeming to be a thing of interest; I would've hoped that they just did an exit east of land entrance, and an exit west of the land entrance; to allow atleast some form of breathing room.

The only way I could see it being in phases is if Mario Kart has technical issues. Luckily, they have two other attractions to open if that happens, so it wouldn't be a Gringotts-level catastrophe.

So we are entering at the BACK of the castle through a warp pipe and then exiting out the entrance of the castle? Are the escalators going up or going down? In other words, are we exiting at the bottom floor or top floor? And will the castle just be a facade or will there be an actual castle that has paintings and such that you can walk around and spend time in? Like, will the castle be an attraction? I am worried that if the castle is only the entrance, then there wouldn't be a way to actually live that childhood dream of walking in that castle and hearing that familiar music from Mario 64.

maxresdefault.jpg

So we are entering at the BACK of the castle through a warp pipe and then exiting out the entrance of the castle? Are the escalators going up or going down? In other words, are we exiting at the bottom floor or top floor? And will the castle just be a facade or will there be an actual castle that has paintings and such that you can walk around and spend time in? Like, will the castle be an attraction? I am worried that if the castle is only the entrance, then there wouldn't be a way to actually live that childhood dream of walking in that castle and hearing that familiar music from Mario 64.

maxresdefault.jpg
Enter warp pipe. Escalator up. Exit out of Peach’s castle facade on second level. Unfortunately no castle interior, other than maybe a very short hallway.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
When do we expect The Lost Continent to be completely gone from the Universal park map? I expect that that outdated area would stay for a while and it might be demolished in 2019 or 2020 to make room for The Legend of Zelda. I hope Zelda also have an actual ride rather than a show, Zelda's world are too perfect not to have a ride.

Reactions: Mike S
I hope that doesn’t mean opening in three phases.

I'm gonna' say no to that, the multi-phase construction is probably solely for them to keep as much open as possible. They're wanting to avoid a long period of time where everything except for E.T. is closed.

My guess on the three phases would be...

1. Barney closes first, allowing them to start on Mario Kart while still allowing access to Animal Actors and the playgrounds/Woody.

2. Playgrounds and Woody close so they can get started on Donkey Kong.

3. Animal Actors is the last to close, allowing them to close off the entire area and work on everything else.

I'm gonna' say no to that, the multi-phase construction is probably solely for them to keep as much open as possible. They're wanting to avoid a long period of time where everything except for E.T. is closed.

My guess on the three phases would be...

1. Barney closes first, allowing them to start on Mario Kart while still allowing access to Animal Actors and the playgrounds/Woody.

2. Playgrounds and Woody close so they can get started on Donkey Kong.

3. Animal Actors is the last to close, allowing them to close off the entire area and work on everything else.
I mostly agree. Many of us have said during the past couple of years that it would make good business sense to tear down, and start building in phases. Animal Actors closing last makes perfect sense.