Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, that’s been my thought with how low they should be. Should be very simple.
They will probably have a rescue bucket that steadys the bottom of the car and fills any gap when they open the door so the evacuee can walk right out into the bucket. Same as the coaster evac setup.

Do we have any ETA on these opening? 2018? 2019? I would assume at the very least before Star Wars opens but seems like it shouldn't take THAT long to build.

It’s probably not unlike any ride vehicle. I’d like to think that most people would let a TM know. I’d also think if you don’t see it within the first minute or however long it takes to load then you probably won’t notice it.

It does raise the question if they will have cameras installed in each cabin.

I also wonder if there will be any kind of interactivity from magic bands. It would be a nice feature if you could select a Disney playlist that will play within the cabin or a personalised welcome message.

Final question would be if the cabins will be shared. If you have several groups of two, will they load them together?

Speaking of bodily fluids, are we expecting to see a Disney 10m high club? :look::lol:
Or smoke. They don't call them "Ganjolas" for nothing.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Some new concept art has appeared from... somewhere. It came from a twitter account, but i've no idea where it actually is located at. It looks like it could be in Walt Disney Presents? (Or more likely just not publicly on display)

View from a Gondola going into the DHS station:
93E9F90D-393D-463C-BA82-BB4F85CA0888.jpeg

Overhead view incoming Gondolas to Epcot:
53D1E3F3-8AC9-4F71-B101-46D51DC99380.jpeg

Disney Skyliner logo:
ED019969-64B0-4F24-BA5D-C622CED20C6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Some new concept art has appeared from... somewhere. It came from a twitter account, but i've no idea where it actually is located at. It looks like it could be in Walt Disney Presents? (Or more likely just not publicly on display)

View from a Gondola going into the DHS station:
93E9F90D-393D-463C-BA82-BB4F85CA0888.jpeg

Overhead view incoming Gondolas to Epcot:
53D1E3F3-8AC9-4F71-B101-46D51DC99380.jpeg

Disney Skyliner logo:
ED019969-64B0-4F24-BA5D-C622CED20C6C.jpeg

The more that’s revealed and as construction continues, the more this project makes sense.

I can see this becoming a staple of the resort like the monorails did. Travelling to the parks becomes more of an event.

From what I gather there are multiple resort station stops serviced on the same line. What happens in the morning when the first resort fills every gondola and no one gets off at the other stations leaving no available spots for guests to board at other resorts?

From what I gather there are multiple resort station stops serviced on the same line. What happens in the morning when the first resort fills every gondola and no one gets off at the other stations leaving no available spots for guests to board at other resorts?

Based on this image it appears that each station will require a transfer to a separate line. I think it will be the following routes:
Pop Century to Caribbean Beach
Caribbean Beach to Hollywood Studios
Caribbean Beach to Riviera
Riviera to Epcot

The only line that may be continuous is the Caribbean Beach to Riviera to Epcot but I doubt that will be the case but time will tell.

Although this breakdown would require multiple transfers for a lot of destinations. That could get annoying...especially with young kids and strollers. Hopefully Disney has thought the guest flow through thoroughly and has a good plan!

DSGrOrLXkAA3BH4.jpg

I wonder how long the lines will be at the end of the day at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, especially since essentially 4 resorts are cramming into a single line to begin with? Capacity should be decent but how many guests can fit in a gondola, 6-8? Will multiple families share gondolas to maximize capacity? Hopefully they will still provide bus transportation to these resorts as an alternative.

Reactions: Scott W.
Based on this image it appears that each station will require a transfer to a separate line. I think it will be the following routes:
Riviera to Epcot

The only line that may be continuous is the Caribbean Beach to Riviera to Epcot but I doubt that will be the case but time will tell.

Although this breakdown would require multiple transfers for a lot of destinations. That could get annoying...especially with young kids and strollers. Hopefully Disney has thought the guest flow through thoroughly and has a good plan!

DSGrOrLXkAA3BH4.jpg

I wonder how long the lines will be at the end of the day at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, especially since essentially 4 resorts are cramming into a single line to begin with? Capacity should be decent but how many guests can fit in a gondola, 6-8? Will multiple families share gondolas to maximize capacity? Hopefully they will still provide bus transportation to these resorts as an alternative.
Their should already be other alternative ways of travel to the resort...I believe there is already bus service...I imagine the lines will be long, but nothing intolerable

Riviera to Epcot

DSGrOrLXkAA3BH4.jpg

It's going to be an inconvenient nightmare to use this unless you're staying at Caribbean Beach.

There are 7,300 rooms between these resorts.

Last edited: