Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

I hate to be so defensive, but what qualifies anyone to think that the landscaping will not be as nice as the concept art, considering this is currently a bunch of dirt and footers? If anything SW does best it is having incredibly landscaped areas, ie. what this area used to look like prior to Infinity Falls. Either way, not sure why anyone would think that, I'd argue that this ride is gonna use landscaping to it's advantage as it's much cheaper than other forms of themeing and the set is in a South American jungle. I'm just not understanding the negativity of this forum.

Last edited:
I hate to be so defensive, but what qualifies anyone to think that the landscaping will not be as nice as the concept art, considering this is currently a bunch of dirt and footers? If anything SW does best it is having incredibly landscaped areas, ie. what this area used to look like prior to Infinity Falls. Either way, not sure why anyone would think that, I'd argue that this ride is gonna use landscaping to it's advantage as it's much cheaper than other forms of themeing and the set is in a South American jungle. I'm just not understanding the negativity of this forum.

I don't see why not either. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than rock work, easy to do and they have a good track record already with landscaping plus it's all that's needed.

The only downside could be that the trees need time to grow so it might not look as good as it will in a few years time.

Are Seaworld even serious about opening this thing in 2018?

I don’t understand the logic in not getting their new attraction out there ASAP and market it through Spring. It’s looking from the latest overhead shots that this will be another mid summer debut? Half the season gone. Stupid.

Are Seaworld even serious about opening this thing in 2018?

I don’t understand the logic in not getting their new attraction out there ASAP and market it through Spring. It’s looking from the latest overhead shots that this will be another mid summer debut? Half the season gone. Stupid.
I've never seen a raft ride be built so I'm not sure where they are...but it appears they are behind somewhat

Midway Mayhem just posted an infinity falls video update and the guy wouldn’t pay the measily $2 to show it from the sky tower. The update was junk containing very little info.

Now I’m in a pissy mood...

The skytower costs $2 for non-passmembers. This a recent change since the Skytower recently reopened after being dormant for close to a year.

And yes, haha I saw his update and couldn't help but laugh at that. He does explain himself somewhere in the comments though! Not to worry, yesterday bioreconstruct on twitter posted an aerial update which is a better image of the site anyway. Doesn't appear to be much progress, yet as MM mentioned in the video, we shouldn't be that far off from vertical construction and seeing some serious movement on this project. This project is still 6 months away from when we officially reach summer so just remember that!

DTh9uaeXkAYAC3z.jpg:large

The skytower costs $2 for non-passmembers. This a recent change since the Skytower recently reopened after being dormant for close to a year.

And yes, haha I saw his update and couldn't help but laugh at that. He does explain himself somewhere in the comments though! Not to worry, yesterday bioreconstruct on twitter posted an aerial update which is a better image of the site anyway. Doesn't appear to be much progress, yet as MM mentioned in the video, we shouldn't be that far off from vertical construction and seeing some serious movement on this project. This project is still 6 months away from when we officially reach summer so just remember that!

DTh9uaeXkAYAC3z.jpg:large

That's pathetic. For how little they'll make from this it gives a very bad look of the park's financial situation.

To clarify, they seem to now be charging the $2 to pass holders as well.

It’s free for passholders still. At least since last I went a week ago.
It looks bad but I think it has more to do with keeping the line down since it has such low throughput. Just a guess.
This could be true. It always had a long (up to an hour at times) wait whenever it was open before, but I think that was more due to it never being open.

Midway mahem posted differently. He’s a pass holder and they charge now and he would not ride because of it. Thus his video is less than worthy... short of this pass holder development.
I'll remember to bring a couple bucks with me next time I visit.

I've been waiting to do an update because it's still just a pile of dirt. Hopefully we see some action here soon.

Midway mahem posted differently. He’s a pass holder and they charge now and he would not ride because of it. Thus his video is less than worthy... short of this pass holder development.
Maybe he’s a FunPass holder? They don’t get any of the benefits of being a pass holder, while still getting a year of free entrance.

I don't think ride is as far off as people are making it seem. From some videos/pictures, it looks like significant progress has been made over the past week. I think Infinity Falls will open by mid-July at latest.

I don't think ride is as far off as people are making it seem. From some videos/pictures, it looks like significant progress has been made over the past week. I think Infinity Falls will open by mid-July at latest.
Aside from the tower structure, there is not that much to raft ride construction anyway. Essentially it is a long twisting canal with large beams at the bottom to break the flow of the water, so not much to see. Queue will probably be a simple outdoors thing a la Mako.