Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ I agree my speculation has been reworked to this

- Horrors of Blumhouse Vol. 2 / Halloween
- Conjuring I/II
- Stranger Things
- AHS: Asylum + Cult as a Scarezone

Possible:
- The Thing
- Trick 'r Treat

So if HoB returns, besides Halloween what would go in it? Green Inferno and Split might fit

Not to be rude, but I'm wondering why people think IT won't be coming? It seems like the perfect time for it to come, and WB has worked with Uni in the past.

WB did their own studio halloween event and it included the IT maze, this was their second halloween event in as many years and I think IT is going to be a tentpole for that event moving forward.

Remember all the stars and timing could line up but IF WB has other plans IT simply won't be in the cards.

Reactions: chris.g
Twin Peaks... I guess the logic was that since the Revival was this year, it would make sense for it to come next year. But I guess I can see why it won't come. Oh well.

Honestly TP could have a maze work on just the revival alone. But I think they're gonna wait in case Lynch does plan to go forward with another limited series.

Honestly TP could have a maze work on just the revival alone. But I think they're gonna wait in case Lynch does plan to go forward with another limited series.

That makes sense. IT should come next year, but it would be a matter of 2 houses for each movie or 1 mega house of both. Also, if Conjuring goes in Waterworld I hope they give it a roof, it ruins some effects. Really excited to see Valak, Bathsheba, and the Crooked Man though

Perhaps I'm thinking of a different thread or something, but I could've sworn that a while back someone claimed we were supposed to have 9 mazes this year (2017), but due to the budget, that was obviously scrapped. If it's the case that next year we are getting a bigger budget, at least compared to 2017, is the possibility of the 9th maze still on the table? Also, I feel IT has really good potential to come next year; waiting for the next film seems to be a gamble, as waiting for a new movie has been John's go-to plan for Trick 'r Treat and Hellraiser. Not to mention, by that logic, we might as well wait for the Conjuring to come to HHN in 2019, in time for the 3rd film then.

Last edited:
Reactions: horrornights789
Perhaps I'm thinking of a different thread or something, but I could've sworn that a while back someone claimed we were supposed to have 9 mazes this year (2017), but due to the budget, that was obviously scrapped. If it's the case that next year we are getting a bigger budget, at least compared to 2017, is the possibility of the 9th maze still on the table? Also, I feel IT has really good potential to come next year; waiting for the next film seems to be a gamble, as waiting for a new movie has been John's go-to plan for Trick 'r Treat and Hellraiser. Not to mention, by that logic, we might as well wait for the Conjuring to come to HHN in 2019, in time for the 3rd film then.

I think I'd prefer they spend that extra money on the 8 mazes they have already (throw a couple of dollars at the WD attraction too, why not?) and see if the event continues to grow, and if it does grow, use that to convince higher ups to OK a higher budget for 9 mazes the year after.

Reactions: Freak
What other classic movies/properties are there left? Poltergeist? Scream/Hellraiser? Maybe It? Could it be Murdy's Hitchcock or Classic Movie Monsters Maze?
I was actually thinking about this for a while and thinking what else is there. And I came up with a Answer that I find very possible.

There was a lot of talk recently that 2017 is Murdy's last year by his hinting. But by this new tweets it seems that he is not done. But also it does seem like 2018 could be his last year possibly so when I thought about his wishlist I thought about the one Scarela Video from 2016.

55:33 - 56:06

Universal Monsters

It's kinda like after doing the Titans for two years in a Row they ask themselves what they do next year? What's the next big thing they could do? Universal Monsters.

With the possibility that Murdy is leaving and that this is perhaps his last year he might want to do a Universal Monsters Maze. He states in the video he would want to do one before he leaves. So this possibly is it.

But I don't know. It could also be The Thing or something else but I was thinking Universal Monsters.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I can see that in JP/Waterworld instead of IT or Twin Peaks. Yeah, that could work.
Well I don't see IT until 2019. The Movie while yes it is the Most Requested I just simply don't see it until the sequel comes out so that they can promote the film. As for Twin Peaks I think it will come in 2019. I think they will want to focus on Stranger Things.

Speaking of which I did redo my Speculation List of what I think could be coming next year. If it is Murdy's last year this is what I believe.

AHS Asylum: One of the most popular Seasons and was said that it was Murdy's Favorite Season. It's perfect for HHN and everyone wants it. I think it will be done because I imagine they would want to do it because of it being a Fan Favorite.

Stranger Things: There was a Leak on the Orlando Forums side that ST will be coming next year. Murdy just checked it out recently and it seems he liked it. It's too popular to not be at the event. It would work really well and I see it coming.

The Thing: A film that is brought up a lot that should come to HHN. It's a great film with incredible creatures so I could see ST and Thing being Creature Mazes for HHN2018. Plus Murdy wants to do it. So I could see it happening.

The Conjuring: The Lawsuit recently ended so I see the doors being opened back up and that this will happen. With the Original 2 Films with maybe a Scene or Two from the Nun to promote it. And for it to be in Waterworld.

Halloween: Solo Maze for Michael Myers again I see happening. Michael Myers is a huge character and I see him getting a Solo Maze for the New Film. I don't see a Blumhouse 2.0 anymore happening. I just think they will want to do a Solo Halloween Maze.

Trick 'r Treat: With how Popular Orlando's Scare Zone was I imagine they would want to finally tackle this property. I could both Hollywood and Orlando doing this property possibly.

Universal Monsters: I pointed it out but it is something Murdy really wants to do so I could see it happening and it being the huge selling point of HHN2018 like Titans was for 2016 and 2017.

If they really want to outdo 2016 this is what I see happening. A Mix of Classic and Old with a Lot of Fan Favorites. Along with it being Murdy's last year possibly and that the Budget might be huge again possibly.

Well I don't see IT until 2019. The Movie while yes it is the Most Requested I just simply don't see it until the sequel comes out so that they can promote the film. As for Twin Peaks I think it will come in 2019. I think they will want to focus on Stranger Things.

Speaking of which I did redo my Speculation List of what I think could be coming next year. If it is Murdy's last year this is what I believe.

AHS Asylum: One of the most popular Seasons and was said that it was Murdy's Favorite Season. It's perfect for HHN and everyone wants it. I think it will be done because I imagine they would want to do it because of it being a Fan Favorite.

Stranger Things: There was a Leak on the Orlando Forums side that ST will be coming next year. Murdy just checked it out recently and it seems he liked it. It's too popular to not be at the event. It would work really well and I see it coming.

The Thing: A film that is brought up a lot that should come to HHN. It's a great film with incredible creatures so I could see ST and Thing being Creature Mazes for HHN2018. Plus Murdy wants to do it. So I could see it happening.

The Conjuring: The Lawsuit recently ended so I see the doors being opened back up and that this will happen. With the Original 2 Films with maybe a Scene or Two from the Nun to promote it. And for it to be in Waterworld.

Halloween: Solo Maze for Michael Myers again I see happening. Michael Myers is a huge character and I see him getting a Solo Maze for the New Film. I don't see a Blumhouse 2.0 anymore happening. I just think they will want to do a Solo Halloween Maze.

Trick 'r Treat: With how Popular Orlando's Scare Zone was I imagine they would want to finally tackle this property. I could both Hollywood and Orlando doing this property possibly.

Universal Monsters: I pointed it out but it is something Murdy really wants to do so I could see it happening and it being the huge selling point of HHN2018 like Titans was for 2016 and 2017.

If they really want to outdo 2016 this is what I see happening. A Mix of Classic and Old with a Lot of Fan Favorites. Along with it being Murdy's last year possibly and that the Budget might be huge again possibly.

Very solid if true. Definitely an improvement over last years, and execution of these mazes shouldn’t be too hard. This year has the formula of classic maze(The Thing), Classic mashup(Universal Monsters), a few hot properties(Conjuring, AHS, Stranger Things), a Cult classic(Trick R Treat), and a promotional maze(Halloween). I don’t really see a way this lineup could go wrong, unless the budget is short and these properties get cuts; which won’t work with this lineup since each property is heavily detailed.

Personally, I still think IT has a solid chance of coming, if only because it is so popular at the moment. I think the movie, as it stands right now, is more than enough to flesh out a full maze, with a sequel maze in 2019 that covers both movies.

As far as promotion goes, I think that there isn't really a good "sweet-spot" for promotion at HHN. IT 2 is coming out in September 9, 2019, so HHN 2018 is too early, and HHN 2019 would be just a little too late, so it wouldn't really make sense to wait until 2019 to promote IT and squeeze two movies worth of content into a maze. We'll see, though.

The Thing is already been used so it's useless. Also, are you really sure Stranger Things is gonna appear for HHN next year? Because from a lot of people here, most of them are against it.

The Thing is already been used so it's useless. Also, are you really sure Stranger Things is gonna appear for HHN next year? Because from a lot of people here, most of them are against it.
Actually The Thing 2011 Remake was used and the Original 1982 Film hasn't.

People may be against Stranger Things but it's popular and extremely well received plus there was a Leak over on the Orlando Forums that ST would come to the event.

Not to come off rude, but it doesn’t matter if people don’t want it at the event. Stranger Things is HUGE show and Universal even acknowledged it on their twitter the day ST2 came out. Plus, it was leaked on the Orlando forums that it’s coming. Worst case scenario it’s a pretty maze with no scares

Edit: Of these speculated/highly likely mazes what is everyone most excited for? I’m curious to see how Stranger Things is done and excited to see The Conjuring & TrT if they come

The Thing, to my extent, is that it was more based on the prequel as opposed to the original Carpenter film. And as for Stranger Things, I don't want it; but that it makes sense on a marketing/merchandise level.

I honestly believe that if Trick 'r Treat does come next year, it's most likely going in Water World. Not to bash the movie, because I really love it, but when you really boil it down to maze potential, the four short stories don't have too much to go off of. Scareactors will basically be the Principal, undead trick or treaters, Sam, and puppeteers for the lady werewolves. If the other properties (IT, The Conjuring, Stranger Things, The Thing, Hellraiser) do come next year as well, it would make sense that they give those IPs the maze locations that can utilize larger effects and bigger environments.

Last edited:
I honestly believe that if Trick 'r Treat does come next year, it's most likely going in Water World. Not to bash the movie, because I really love it, but when you really boil it down to maze potential, the four short stories don't have too much to go off of. Scareactors will basically be the Principal, undead trick or treaters, Sam, and puppeteers for the lady werewolves. If the other properties (IT, The Conjuring, Stranger Things, The Thing, Hellraiser) do come next year as well, it would make sense that they give those IPs the maze location that can utilize larger effects and bigger environments.

Agreed; I think Conjuring should go in JP since it’s the largest venue and that franchise seems to have the most to work with. TrT would fit well in Waterworld or the Metro Sets and the transitions for it could be the comic book scenes.

Edit: Did anyone see Murdy’s tweet response about Conjuring; someone asked him that since the lawsuits over it can come to HHN and he said “really had nothing to do with that”

Last edited:
I honestly believe that if Trick 'r Treat does come next year, it's most likely going in Water World. Not to bash the movie, because I really love it, but when you really boil it down to maze potential, the four short stories don't have too much to go off of. Scareactors will basically be the Principal, undead trick or treaters, Sam, and puppeteers for the lady werewolves. If the other properties (IT, The Conjuring, Stranger Things, The Thing, Hellraiser) do come next year as well, it would make sense that they give those IPs the maze locations that can utilize larger effects and bigger environments.

Honestly, I would think if Conjuring comes; it will be in Waterworld, purely for the sake that it isn't like they don't have the work already done for it.

Like seriously, it can be very simple to do for Murdy, and that he doesn't even need to write a new treatment if that's the case.

As far as Trick R Treat, I'm surprised people haven't thought of Parisian and then Halloween going into the Lower Lot like in 2016.