Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

That looks terrible. And not because it's not finished - that red brick juxtaposed to the stone facade looks absolutely awful.
IMHO I see this as a short term solution. I don't expect that ST & TT will survive very long after SWGE is open. I think that attraction will be next on the block once the new lands are done. All the back of the house work in that area (new parking and CM building) are placemaking for the next expansion/redo of Indy and ST area.

In Grand Park, there's a new wall and gate going up, making everything behind the gate as backstage space (including the apartments facade):

Almost finished with theming behind the walls on Grand Ave.

EDIT: Of note, the Miss Piggy Billboard on the back of the MV3D show building has finally been removed.

Last edited:
The Miss Piggy fountain is on and working again behind a set of mobile hedges (Photo: WhatTheDisney94 on Magic).

ERJCRVN.jpg

But it's not fully working?!??!
I believe I had heard they were going to turn off part of it because guests were getting wet from the splash the fountain was creating. I'm going to assume this is what we're getting.

But WHERE IS FOZZIE BEAR!?!
Good point. If you look at pictures of the fountain prior to it's refurb, it looked a bit cluttered (which fits the Muppets) - now it looks tidy and clean. Notice how it's a fairly symmetrical look now in Bio's pic compared to what it was. I think they were going for elegance here to fit the "Grand Park" theme, which is disappointing. Another step towards making it just a completely generic area.

Here's a before picture:
disney-s-hollywood-studios.jpg

Good point. If you look at pictures of the fountain prior to it's refurb, it looked a bit cluttered (which fits the Muppets) - now it looks tidy and clean. Notice how it's a fairly symmetrical look now in Bio's pic compared to what it was. I think they were going for elegance here to fit the "Grand Park" theme, which is disappointing. Another step towards making it just a completely generic are though.

Here's a before picture:
disney-s-hollywood-studios.jpg

F THAT!

I cannot wait to see how and with what they plant over that tunnel. It’s going to have to be pretty darn tall to cover up that main rock tower they’re building. Fascinating…
There will be trees. There is a HUGE berm, probably 15' (or more) of dirt that they are filling in so that they can put in foliage up there.

EDIT: The tunnel should look like this when done (regarding the foliage above):

Last edited:
I cannot wait to see how and with what they plant over that tunnel. It’s going to have to be pretty darn tall to cover up that main rock tower they’re building. Fascinating…

And if it's supposed to be CA, not a biggie to see Mountains in the distance...