Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Supposedly the merch is going to be hand crafted by the "locals". Whether it will actually be hand crafted, i'm not sure, but it sure will have the look of something you see at flea markets in tourist areas of places like Nassau, Mexico, Hawaii, etc based on what Bio posted last night:

And I think this is new concept art(?). I hadn't seen it before certainly:
img_3859.jpg

Supposedly the merch is going to be hand crafted by the "locals". Whether it will actually be hand crafted, i'm not sure, but it sure will have the look of something you see at flea markets in tourist areas of places like Nassau, Mexico, Hawaii, etc based on what Bio posted last night:

img_3859.jpg

One of those merch pieces, oddly looks familar...

The only way it was ever going to work was as a frozen drink. Personally, I think they should get the recipe from Kings Island's blue ice cream, make it a milkshake and call it a day.

Yeah a milkshake makes a lot more sense. I’ve never had that ice cream, but it sounds like it would be a good fit!

I wasn't expecting that either as the idea fails on paper.

Are any of these going to be alcoholic?

Blue milk except it’s made entirely of UV blue vodka! Just kidding! :lol: I would love to see some alcoholic themed drinks.

I wasn't expecting that either as the idea fails on paper.

Are any of these going to be alcoholic?

Blue milk except it’s made entirely of UV blue vodka! Just kidding! :lol: I would love to see some alcoholic themed drinks.
I assume that, similar to Pongu Pongu in Pandora, there will be alcoholic drinks to purchase. And I assume that the Cantina would be an obvious spot for alcoholic drinks too.

img_3859.jpg

That sure is an aesthetic decision...

I think that's a pretty bold move, and potentially a risk. I get the intention, and I admire the desire to stay in theme, but I would have thought most people going into a Star Wars land would be looking to buy pretty traditional merchandise. A move like this would lead me to believe that they think the Launch Bay and Tatooine Traders are going to be sticking around for a while, because those would be the only other places with large assortments of "normal" SW merch.

I think that's a pretty bold move, and potentially a risk. I get the intention, and I admire the desire to stay in theme, but I would have thought most people going into a Star Wars land would be looking to buy pretty traditional merchandise. A move like this would lead me to believe that they think the Launch Bay and Tatooine Traders are going to be sticking around for a while, because those would be the only other places with large assortments of "normal" SW merch.

Two thoughts on this (so far)

1. I bet there will likely be more traditional merch in the more "industrial" sections of the land.
  2. How else can you make merch of the same things that doesn't look like something you can find in Target?

Two thoughts on this (so far)

1. I bet there will likely be more traditional merch in the more "industrial" sections of the land.
  2. How else can you make merch of the same things that doesn't look like something you can find in Target?

3. Every single store in DHS will be littred with Galaxy's Edge merchandise.

I bet you the "authentic local" stuff will be limited to the bazaar. I'm sure that at least one of the two attractions will have an elaborate exit shop featuring more traditional merchandise.

I bet you the "authentic local" stuff will be limited to the bazaar. I'm sure that at least one of the two attractions will have an elaborate exit shop featuring more traditional merchandise.
That is if they build an exit gift shop. It's a common misconception that Disney has you "Exit Through the Gift Shop". Sure a lot of their rides do - the ones that were built in the 90's and early 2000's. That was the trend back then. If you look at new things Disney has built recently the only new build to have an exit gift shop is Flight of Passage, and even that shop has a gate where you can skip the shop. I do it almost every time.

Mermaid, SDMT, Belle M&G thing and Dumbo were all either new builds or moved as part of FLE and none have exit gift shops. Na'vi River Journey has no shop. Even the retro-fitted Frozen Ever After doesn't force you to go through the shop and although they had the option to add an exit shop to Soarin' during it's closure, the space where one would've gone was used for new bathrooms.

Looking towards new attractions at DHS as well, Slinky Dog, ASS and TSMM all won't have exit shops. Rumor also is that Runaway Railway won't have an exit shop.

I don't want to assume anything, but I think they are going for a fully immersive feel with SWL and they want you to be right back in the market or by the cantina once you get off the rides. The rest of the shops around DHS will be selling regular SW stuff anyway and not to mention Star Tours.

Why is Disney Imagineering pretending they actually make the stuff you see in the park. Tooting your own horn is kind of embarrassing.

Well since there won't be any animatronics on the Falcon ride... Garner Holt was not involved there (other than possibly the queue?). Only Battle Escape will.

That AT-AT is pretty bad ass.