Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Hand crafted in China more like it
As I mentioned though, the stuff looks exactly like the type of trinkets you'd find at a trading post/flea market at international tourist spots.

Anyway, WDWNT has the regular SW:GE merch beyond this stuff:
EA7AD6DA-91C6-4BC6-BC09-A5A46025FF53.jpeg

PHOTOS: Star Wars - Galaxy’s Edge Premier Merchandise Assortment Released - WDW News Today

How else would you go about copying the theme park phenomenon known as a frozen butter beer. ;)

I didn't make the connection till you said this, but Kings Island also turned their blue ice cream into a blue hot chocolate for Winterfest. So there is options to follow the potter model with Blue milk.

How else would you go about copying the theme park phenomenon known as a frozen butter beer. ;)
It seems like Disney's answer has always been some sort of slushie type drink (LaFou's Brew - FLE, Night Blossom - Pandora) and it never really catches on because the difference is, Butterbeer is canon and these other things aren't.

If you watch the scene in ANH where Luke gets Blue Milk, to properly recreate that imo, I think that it's all about the consistency of the drink. It should probably be some sort of a milkshake. I don't know that something like Blueberry is the way to go taste wise as a lot of people don't like Blueberry, but I think that that's the consistency they need to go with.

Part of the reason why Butrerbeer works is because they’ve tried to stay as broad as possible for those who can drink it. Blue Milk is.... milk. I’m lactose intolerant and I know many others who are too. I just can’t see it containing dairy.

Part of the reason why Butrerbeer works is because they’ve tried to stay as broad as possible for those who can drink it. Blue Milk is.... milk. I’m lactose intolerant and I know many others who are too. I just can’t see it containing dairy.
How 'bout the rocketfuel/epoxy mix McDonald's used to use as their "Shake"? No milk needed. ;)

EDIT: Better yet:
Malk.jpg

Butter beer works because its freaking good!
another example of how HP is a better fit for a theme park than star wars

You can make a milkshake with Almond Milk, and it will taste just as good with the right ingredients added.

There’s always a way.

Butter beer works because its freaking good!
another example of how HP is a better fit for a theme park than star wars
I think you’d be hard pressed to say Potter is a better fit as a whole. Potter works best in its atmosphere and theming; Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade are fun places to explore; their mimicry of real villages and cities with a magical twist is a great strength that gives them a leg up when it comes to designing a land based on the property. As the story unfolds around Harry’s exploration of the Wizarding world, so too can the guest explore and uncover the details of the world around them.

Star Wars, on the other hand, is tailor made for attractions. The vast array of vehicles, ride-sized sets (an important feature for a property when working within the space limitations of a theme park) mixed with the built in ability to literally jump across a galaxy in a single attraction allows for more dynamic experiences than Potter in the sense that any person could name about ten ride concepts for Star Wars without even having to think about it.

This isn’t a knock against Potter, nor is Batuu’s general obscurity in the canon a problem. But, simply put, Potter is more difficult to translate to rides, while Star Wars is more difficult to recreate for a single land due to the fact that no film in the franchise visits less than two planets, and a solid third (if not more) of the franchise takes place aboard star cruisers in deep space.

Both benefit from the presence of strong music, characters, and spectacle, which is what makes up for the shortcomings of their franchises when it comes to park implementation. The magic benches idea for Forbidden Journey is dumb, but we get to fly with Harry and co. No one will ever get as worked up over as Batuu as Diagon Alley unless they’re actually getting worked up over being in Star Wars Land. That part sounds weird, but I get excited on Star Tours because it’s a great Star Wars attraction, whereas I get excited on Gringotts because I’m in Gringotts.

TL;DR

Both lands are good choices for a theme park because Potter lends itself well to great environments and Star Wars lends itself well to rides.

Lactose Intolerant and riding the Millennium Falcon ride in a small enclosed room? Sounds like a great time... :sick:

I think you’d be hard pressed to say Potter is a better fit as a whole. Potter works best in its atmosphere and theming; Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade are fun places to explore; their mimicry of real villages and cities with a magical twist is a great strength that gives them a leg up when it comes to designing a land based on the property. As the story unfolds around Harry’s exploration of the Wizarding world, so too can the guest explore and uncover the details of the world around them.

Star Wars, on the other hand, is tailor made for attractions. The vast array of vehicles, ride-sized sets (an important feature for a property when working within the space limitations of a theme park) mixed with the built in ability to literally jump across a galaxy in a single attraction allows for more dynamic experiences than Potter in the sense that any person could name about ten ride concepts for Star Wars without even having to think about it.

This isn’t a knock against Potter, nor is Batuu’s general obscurity in the canon a problem. But, simply put, Potter is more difficult to translate to rides, while Star Wars is more difficult to recreate for a single land due to the fact that no film in the franchise visits less than two planets, and a solid third (if not more) of the franchise takes place aboard star cruisers in deep space.

Both benefit from the presence of strong music, characters, and spectacle, which is what makes up for the shortcomings of their franchises when it comes to park implementation. The magic benches idea for Forbidden Journey is dumb, but we get to fly with Harry and co. No one will ever get as worked up over as Batuu as Diagon Alley unless they’re actually getting worked up over being in Star Wars Land. That part sounds weird, but I get excited on Star Tours because it’s a great Star Wars attraction, whereas I get excited on Gringotts because I’m in Gringotts.

TL;DR

Both lands are good choices for a theme park because Potter lends itself well to great environments and Star Wars lends itself well to rides.
of course both are good choices and all your points are valid but in theme park design and adaptability to me HP is better because of the centralized locations. Hogsmeade and DA are key places easily adaptable to to theme park where as SWGE is a place no one s ever heard of before. Also food and bev fits better within the HP story, not that SWGE wont have nice food places

of course both are good choices and all your points are valid but in theme park design and adaptability to me HP is better because of the centralized locations. Hogsmeade and DA are key places easily adaptable to to theme park where as SWGE is a place no one s ever heard of before. Also food and bev fits better within the HP story, not that SWGE wont have nice food places

SWGE was a choice made by Disney, not the only choice that can be made. They could have made quite a few different areas based off planets in the movies. Basing your argument on the way Disney went with it isn't really being fair to the series, as, IMO, Disney made a poor choice.

SWGE was a choice made by Disney, not the only choice that can be made. They could have made quite a few different areas based off planets in the movies. Basing your argument on the way Disney went with it isn't really being fair to the series, as, IMO, Disney made a poor choice.
thats the whole point
there were too many choices for lands
no centralized location, for what its worth i see the same problem for LOTR
just my opinion of course