Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
They essentially take the outgoing president and make that AA more static but still fidget, blink, etc. Then make a new AA for incoming president, same as it’s been for a while.

Attractions Magazine posted some close ups....the thing looks like Hillary. Maybe that’s why they took so long, they thought Hillary would win and had her AA ready to go but had to change it last second.
You realize that Disney created molds of both Trump and Clinton last year leading up to the election, right? They then just go with whoever wins. The holdup was over Trump not recording his speech in a timely manner, which is acceptable seeing as he's the President and there's more important things to deal with than a theme park likeness, but let's not make this something it's not.

They don’t speak, but they fidget, shift, look around and blink the whole time.
Do they not still do a role call? Because they all said their names in the prior version.

If I remember correctly, the narrator used to do the roll call and a spot would light up the president who would nod or acknowledge themselves in some fashion.
Ahh, yes, you are correct. I can practically hear the Morgan Freeman narration of the roll call now that you say that.

What used to be in the orchestra pit?
From a quick search, it was just empty. This picture is from the Obama-era version. It looks like they actually improved the theming by putting actual orchestra seats, etc in there all the while making it so that it's hard to get to the stage.

Magic-Kingdom-%E2%80%93-Hall-of-Presidents-6-DisneyDayByDay.jpg

I am still musing the fact that they actually installed spikes... I was sure that spikes was overstating it until I saw the picture. Spikes... lordy lordy.
It's not too dissimilar from the railings around the parks that have spikes on them to keep people from sitting on them.

Having seen the whole show online I find it actually an improvement over the old show. The screens are used more (even at the end on either side of the presidents) and they seem almost seamless. The narration (I swear it sounds like Whoopi Goldberg) is a bit more gentle than Freeman's and the overall concept seems to be focused on the concept of what the idea of a president is, rather than the "one of us" used before. That said, the Trump AA does look a bit odd, and the ending seems to just wind down, like it runs out of steam

Having seen the whole show online I find it actually an improvement over the old show. The screens are used more (even at the end on either side of the presidents) and they seem almost seamless. The narration (I swear it sounds like Whoopi Goldberg) is a bit more gentle than Freeman's and the overall concept seems to be focused on the concept of what the idea of a president is, rather than the "one of us" used before. That said, the Trump AA does look a bit odd, and the ending seems to just wind down, like it runs out of steam
while the presidents are being announced, trump seems to be looking the wrong way for a lot of that, I hope that can be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.