Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

OI is having their buyout on 6/2 and they list Woody as one of the attractions available. Could be Barney closed at that time or a change to the order. Just one more piece of the puzzle.

Scroll down and you see this. I haven't asked Taylor directly yet it is a few months premature for that
View attachment 5889
“Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone” is the name of the land, “Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster” is the name of the ride. That is a list of each land and what is open within them, the E.T. Adventure being the only attraction open within Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone.

What’s fun to imagine is that they have been building a Nintendo annoucement set inside of one of the sound stages. This would prevent any knowledge to spread throughout the general employment at the park. No crowd control, no nothin.
Probably being built in the same sound stage that housed the famous “Wondersea” volcano ;) I would love to see all these models and this set or to actually build it would be even better. Alas a man can dream ......

Is ET Adventure staying, out of interest? Because apparently, Steven Spielberg said that if Universal closed the Orlando ET, he wouldn't ever work with them again or something like that.
ET is staying. And rumors of Spielberg’s threats are blown out of proportion, for the record. He would be sad, but no reason to worry, as it is staying.

Just a wee little fact... many of the detention ponds in CF have overflow prevention drains that are just shy of the top of the ponds graded height. These are intended for the 10-100 year rain events and in these situations the questionable overflow is directed into the creeks. No one likes for it to happen, but it is necessary to prevent massive flooding of infrastructure.
Fun stuff Teebin. What impresses me even more is that the water management district knows where all these outfall points are, what there elevations are set to, and from how much area they drain. From this data they actual model peak rainfall events across huge areas and make engineering decisions that attempt to even out the flow in all those creeks and rivers to minimize flooding downstream. Hence the stormwater permitting process we hear about a lot on here.

Are there any rumors about a major refurb and plussing for ET? I would think Universal would want ET to be proper counterprogramming to Nintendo.

The scary thing is, I think Universal also thinks that F&F will lure people away from Nintendo and I just don’t buy that.

Are there any rumors about a major refurb and plussing for ET? I would think Universal would want ET to be proper counterprogramming to Nintendo.

The scary thing is, I think Universal also thinks that F&F will lure people away from Nintendo and I just don’t buy that.
As much as we hate on F&F it will be a draw for crowds..It will serve to move some people off the midways for sure...

One can only hope ET gets a refurb...There are a lot of effects they can add to plus it..

Won't ET stick out a bit in Super Nintendo World as the only non-Nintendo-themed ride? Or will it be integrated into World Expo/Springfield? In all honesty, I don't remember ET being particularly brilliant when I rode in 2012.

Won't ET stick out a bit in Super Nintendo World as the only non-Nintendo-themed ride? Or will it be integrated into World Expo/Springfield? In all honesty, I don't remember ET being particularly brilliant when I rode in 2012.
I believe ET is on the wrong side of KidZone to be put into World Expo or Springfield. It would probably have to be part of Hollywood.