T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I did hear somewhere that Pitch Perfect was rumoured for this. If this is true, then I'm struggling to see how Pitch Perfect could be an attraction. I've never watched it, but judging by the concept, I'm struggling to turn it into an attraction that isn't a show.

Perfect attraction for the 3rd gate.

TBH, the only way I can see Godzilla is if it's a expanded version of the SDCC Godzilla Experience that was at San Diego in 2013. And that the attraction would play a card between that and Nemesis: Sub Terra from Alton Towers.

Edit: a good idea would be some sort of Tokyo area with Sanrio and Dragonball or even something like Yokai Watch to add diversity with Godzilla.

As far as T2s replacement goes, I don't expect anything major to change, and that's unfortunate.

Last edited:
TBH, the only way I can see Godzilla is if it's a expanded version of the SDCC Godzilla Experience that was at San Diego in 2013. And that the attraction would play a card between that and Nemesis: Sub Terra from Alton Towers.

Edit: a good idea would be some sort of Tokyo area with Sanrio and Dragonball or even something like Yokai Watch to add diversity with Godzilla.

As far as T2s replacement goes, I don't expect anything major to change, and that's unfortunate.
I don't expect 3-D tbh

If I'm not mistaken, Godzilla Experience in SDCC never used 3D.

And if they were to cross that with Nemesis: Sub Terra, a part of me would logistically think it'd be unlikely that they would use 3D.
Yep, no 3-D for that, it would make a great pre-show

I was referring to T2's replacement not having 3-D...Just me speculating

I did hear somewhere that Pitch Perfect was rumoured for this. If this is true, then I'm struggling to see how Pitch Perfect could be an attraction. I've never watched it, but judging by the concept, I'm struggling to turn it into an attraction that isn't a show.
I agree. Pitch Perfect has its fan base but that’s not that big of a demographic, at least compared to other Universal’s franchises, to warrant an attraction, especially in the long run. Then again, you could say the same thing about Twister. I would love to see Bourne but since it was never a series that embraced 3D, I could see it as an indoor stunt show. Sing would interest me if it was like Muppet*Vision, but again, the complex animatronics/music licensing/voice cast is more expensive than drugs and, like Pitch Perfect, doesn’t have much of a demo to make the cost worth it. Not to mention Universal would probably want to cool off on the Illumination love, given Despicable Me and the rumored Secret Life of Pets dark ride.

My wife and daughters are huge Pitch Perfect fans. But they went to see the 3rd movie this weekend and all of them agreed that its lost its mojo by now.

Well, since T2 was just an elaborate show, its safe to say the replacement will be a show. So Pitch Perfect would fit that as its a move where they pretty much go around doing stage shows(right?). But everything else we've seen doesn't suggest its going to be Pitch Perfect, so I don't think theres anything to worry about.

Why Godzilla is not in the parks yet is a mystery to me

Because the rights are extremely complicated if they choose to use the US version with having to have another party greenlight attractions and for quality control (they have to go through both Toho and WB for US, if they do the traditional Godzilla, they only go through Toho).

Reactions: ChrisFL
Because the rights are extremely complicated if they choose to use the US version with having to have another party greenlight attractions and for quality control (they have to go through both Toho and WB for US, if they do the traditional Godzilla, they only go through Toho).
I though Legendary was owned by Universal or in some kind of partnership..I would think they would adapt the newest version

I though Legendary was owned by Universal or in some kind of partnership..I would think they would adapt the newest version

No Legendary had a distribution deal and was going to be purchased by Universal until all the movies released with Universal flopped with the exception of Jurassic World and Wanda bought them.

But the Godzilla IP itself is 100% owned by Toho. Legendary and WB are licensees.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Godzilla if I'm not mistaken, while being produced by Legendary, sounds like it will still be distributed by Warner Brothers and not Universal.

No Legendary had a distribution deal and was going to be purchased by Universal until all the movies released with Universal flopped with the exception of Jurassic World and Wanda bought them.

But the Godzilla IP itself is 100% owned by Toho. Legendary and WB are licensees.
Curiouser and Curiouser....Hopefully he will get an attraction one day

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
USJ got a godzilla attraction so its a chance but again, it was based off Toho's vision and not WB.

Wasn't Osakas also based off of Shin Godzilla, to market that?

To be honest, if Universal gets Godzilla for the states, I would think it'd be a larger deal between Universal, Toho, and Warner. And that it would have to cost a good sum to get him in the parks permanently I would think.