Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tell me it will go faster up that lift? If not, lines will be looooong always. Sheesh.
Great video and pics, dyates, Poster X and BriMan :)

I'm pretty sure as most of you are that is the slowest the lift can go. I think we can safely assume that they were just making sure it could make it through the loop at maximum resistance and slowest speed. I mean honestly, what coaster takes 3 minutes to go up it's lift? :lol:

Tell me it will go faster up that lift? If not, lines will be looooong always. Sheesh.
Great video and pics, dyates, Poster X and BriMan :)

I remember reading some official statement from Universal that said the train will ascend the lift in 11.5 seconds, which is actually pretty darn quick. This is just testing at different extremes, if you ask me.

that vertical lift must be a delicate process since its moving the train so slow it makes sense why they are doing this instead of running full blast and then we will have a longer delay but great pics and videos can't wat to see it progress faster up the lift

all the videos look great and it looks really smooth and fast even with the lift moving slow like that. i have noticed that they are testing the brake but it zooms right past that one go in the firehouse with full force:thumbs: that trible clef looks intense. the lapbar looks different than the x-cars i seen before does anybody know if that is where the video camera will be?

all the videos look great and it looks really smooth and fast even with the lift moving slow like that. i have noticed that they are testing the brake but it zooms right past that one go in the firehouse with full force:thumbs: that trible clef looks intense. the lapbar looks different than the x-cars i seen before does anybody know if that is where the video camera will be?

As Far As I Know They Will Film Both (not A Single Seat So If You sitting next to someone you dont know =[, and i belive they will be on the front of the car
and im not sure weather seats behind the first will have a video

Great stuff. But of course the one day of the weekend I am not in the parks they run it. :doh: I can not wait to see this thing full speed. And for the 70 guests reading this please join.

Great stuff. But of course the one day of the weekend I am not in the parks they run it. :doh: I can not wait to see this thing full speed. And for the 70 guests reading this please join.
yeah what he said if i can do you can do it join ORLANDO UNITED!:D

i wanted to show something i noticed today i was looking at this pic from theme park review and notice some things (correct me if my theory is wrong)

IMG_1809---Copy-1.jpg

this the pic i was looking at thanks to the power of photobucket i added dots to show what my theory is. the pink dot would be the video camera,the green dots is where you put your song in with your ticket-thingie that you get before boarding similar to the harness system on hollywood dream at universal studios japan.

i also learned on theme park review that the boarding will be like way you the haunted mansion at disney and a train will leave the station every 23 seconds! (excuse the dots just making a point)

Last edited:
now i notice the six cameras but man special effect cameras that you can use to create your videos! i smell a burn in my pocket.i still dont see how this track is suppose to be illuminated at night. quick question even though you can make your own music video will be onride photos too?

Last edited:
All I'm wondering now is when soft openings will start. If the opening IS July 3rd, it has to start soft openings around the middle of June....

AHHH THE TRACK IS ILLUMINATED AHHHH LOL

Rip Ride Rockit’s most distinctive element is it’s interactivity. Alfieri was able to share details on the coaster’s high tech video capabilities. For the first time, riders will be able to create their very own seven minute personal music videos of their rides. Thanks to six on-board cameras, eight high speed special effects (Matrix-style) cameras, and 54 special effects shots you will be able to produce your own unique ride video. The ride itself is enhanced with LED lights on the cars and an illuminated track that will create a different experience for day and night rides. Billed as the first roller coaster that transcends a theme park’s boundaries guests can buy a DVD of their ride at the park, text themselves a reminder to download it at home, make other videos via the ride’s web site and even download a low resolution version of their videos to play on their phones.

AND MORE : http://www.thecoastercritic.com/2009/05/interview-designer-of-hollywood-rip-ride-rockit.html

MUSIC SELECTION PLACE CONFIRMED:

I can’t imagine that Rip Ride Rockit’s line will ever be very short thanks to the ride’s high re-rideability. While on-board, two 55-watt Marine Polk Audio speakers will pump out one of 30 songs from 5 genres that guests will be able to select via a touch panel on the ride’s restraints. Each genre will include three songs from legacy artists and three songs from contemporary artists. Once the roller coaster’s web site is live you will be able to sample the songs before you arrive at the park. With so many songs to chose from, I can see guests riding Rockit over and over.

http://www.thecoastercritic.com/tag/hollywood-rip-ride-rockit

i know everyone is tried me asking about this track but how is it going to illuminate that color on the concept art? im very curious about this i dont see anything on the track looks like it lights up anybody know so i can stop asking