Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Pretty much every screen ride Universal has made, when judged alone by its own merits, is a good to spectacular ride.

The issue being as a collection of experiences it’s pretty torturous and repetitive.

Too much thought on the individual ride and not enough about the experience a park offers in my opinion...misguided & poor planning.

As a rounded experience, IOA would be perfect if they updated some dated areas and added some slower dark rides with depth, good AAs and a good story. Studios is a mess...my current personal least favourite park in Orlando despite some awesome highlights.

Last edited:
Twister was not a good attraction. :lol: Say what you want about Fallon, but I'd say it's an absolute improvement in every way; better ride experience, better queue, better facade, better atmosphere, better guest satisfaction.

Now Disaster? That's definitely a bit more debatable, as I do consider that a good attraction. F&F has a serious chance of being a pretty huge downgrade. But operational expenses for that ride were so obscenely high and the ride system was on its final legs so it pretty much had to go.

Twister was an attraction, but it was a special effects show, not a ride, and that was back in the days when Universal was strictly about "riding the movies", and at least it contained practical effects. SIM rides are impressive too, but nothing beats out practical effects, especially having to replace practical attractions with oversaturated solely 3d screen rides, not to mention 2x longer lines. That's why I rarely go on Despicable Me and The Simpsons for this reason, but I'd go on Jurassic Park and the Mummy.

Nothing yet. My assumption is previews/softs in March with an April opening, based on Fallon's timeline and how far along F&F is.
I might bump that up a month sooner... The sooner they get this thing open the sooner they probably start bulldozing other attractions.

But I don't see softs starting this month for certain, unfortunately.

Pretty much every screen ride Universal has made, when judged alone by its own merits, is a good to spectacular ride.

The issue being as a collection of experiences it’s pretty torturous and repetitive.

Too much thought on the individual ride and not enough about the experience a park offers in my opinion...misguided & poor planning.

As a rounded experience, IOA would be perfect if they updated some dated areas and added some slower dark rides with depth, good AAs and a good story. Studios is a mess...my current personal least favourite park in Orlando despite some awesome highlights.

THIS.

Yes, but that is reportedly closing soon to make way for new dining/retail if I am not mistaken.

I can see why. It was busy when I was there and it’s a cool concept, 8 year old me would have loved it but nobody was really buying anything.

What age is F&F aimed towards our of interest?

I can see why. It was busy when I was there and it’s a cool concept, 8 year old me would have loved it but nobody was really buying anything.

What age is F&F aimed towards our of interest?

I sense this will be a transformers situation, where while marketed towards that audience, it will have also the backing of older audiences that have seen more of the original films.

I sense this will be a transformers situation, where while marketed towards that audience, it will have also the backing of older audiences that have seen more of the original films.

I was thinking more towards the merchandise than the ride itself. I think the ride will be a huge success for kids.