Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are “family” rides that are still thrilling, hyperspace mountain in DLP is one example.

Personally I’d like a full bore B&M but that’s not going to happen lol

Would that make RnRC a family ride too?

I think we can rule out this being a B&M if pieces of it are starting to arrive. That manufacturing plant seems to have people outside it posting photos daily.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If it is indeed the ride system, then it can accelerate and have some thrill portions. I'm not expecting a full-fledged coaster...especially an inverted one... like the two they just removed for it.

If it is indeed the ride system, then it can accelerate and have some thrill portions. I'm not expecting a full-fledged coaster...especially an inverted one... like the two they just removed for it.

I don't think we should be expecting inversions, but that it is the best one right now.

The one question I do have, is if they are going to theme it to broomsticks, because that could be..that could be something that they could market on a large level.

I don't think we should be expecting inversions, but that it is the best one right now.

The one question I do have, is if they are going to theme it to broomsticks, because that could be..that could be something that they could market on a large level.

If I hear "Fly on a broomstick" only have as many times as I've heard "Fly on a banshee," it will be a resounding success.

In another note that I glossed over but may need some looking at, the supports that are coming for right now, are colored to be black.

It really depends on what the pieces are for. If it's for the station then it could just be black to blend into the darkness of the ceiling. Some coasters will will also change it's colour to blend into the environment. Rita at Alton Towers is painted a different colour at it's highest points to blend into the forest around it:

at62.jpg

All I hope for this ride is that if it can't be thrilling, it will at least be long. There's a lot of room to play with and I hope they take full advantage of it.

Then let me ask you, what do you want for a new "Thrill" coaster. Something like Big Thunder and Space, to where it can accomodate mostly everyone, while still being remarkably thrilling for what it is? Or do you want an RnRC/Tron?
I'd certainly hope it's more thrilling than RnRC or Tron. Personally, I'm hoping for a Everest/Mummy/Verbolten level of thrill. All three of those rides are exciting and easily fall under the "family friendly" umbrella.
I really hope this doesn't use the Arthur ride system, especially considering what was replaced and IOA's current attraction line-up.

I'd certainly hope it's more thrilling than RnRC or Tron. Personally, I'm hoping for a Everest/Mummy/Verbolten level of thrill. All three of those rides are exciting and easily fall under the "family friendly" umbrella.
I really hope this doesn't use the Arthur ride system, especially considering what was replaced and IOA's current attraction line-up.

Are you saying that RnRC is less thrilling than Mummy and Everest?

I really hope it’s not like Arthur, that looks like it should be a Seuss ride
Just read two reviews of Arthur on Theme Park Insider. Both reviewers rode the ride and said it was one of the best rides & best themed experiences they've ever been on. Two people isn't a referendum, but it's nice to know they both heralded the coaster & it's potential for themed areas & interactions.

Are you saying that RnRC is less thrilling than Mummy and Everest?
Certainly! Both are arguably the best coasters on their properties, with Mummy passing Rockit, in my opinion, based off consistency in smoothness. Mummy was the best air time machine in Florida (save for Dania Beach Hurricane) before Cheetah Hunt and Mako came.
Everest's backwards section is quite forceful and a unique experience compared to any ride I've ever been on. Paired with a fantastic drop, excellent pacing, and one of the best themed experiences Disney has ever created I always rated it quite a way higher than RnRC's fairly plain layout. Not that I don't love RnRC, of course!

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Just read two reviews of Arthur on Theme Park Insider. Both reviewers rode the ride and said it was one of the best rides & best themed experiences they've ever been on. Two people isn't a referendum, but it's nice to know they both heralded the coaster & it's potential for themed areas & interactions.

To also add, Arthur won multiple awards including the likes of the European Star Award for Best Family Ride & a Thea Award for best ride system.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Certainly! Both are arguably the best coasters on their properties, with Mummy passing Rockit, in my opinion, based off consistency in smoothness. Mummy was the best air time machine in Florida (save for Dania Beach Hurricane) before Cheetah Hunt and Mako came.
Everest's backwards section is quite forceful and a unique experience compared to any ride I've ever been on. Paired with a fantastic drop, excellent pacing, and one of the best themed experiences Disney has ever created I always rated it quite a way higher than RnRC's fairly plain layout. Not that I don't love RnRC, of course!
Just my opinion but I like RnRC enough to ride it 12 in a row one morning. The launch, swooping in the dark past glowing signs with great music playing in my ears just does it for me. Mummy is fun, Everest is fun but 12 in a row? I can't see doing it.

As a french guy who grownup in the east of france, Europapark is my childhood theme park.

I've rode arthur like 2 or 3 times, i love the indoor layout, especially the part where you "fly" above the entrance lobby really cool.
The ride system allows a wide range of movements, it can easily switch from scenes on the left/right, it's pretty dynamic.
The flying effect is pretty convincing once you're on board, also I've really like the "360" lift.

Btw, the outdoor portion was ok, not unforgettable compared to the other excellent thrills rides at EP.

If this really is the ride system Uni chose, i'm sure they could find the perfect balance between thrills and dark ride section. This thing allows so much potential, they just can't miss this opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.