Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The State & Future of the Monorails (WDW)

Probably trying their best right now to prevent from exploding in social media.
I hope it gets on the trending page of Twitter and major news networks pick it up.

WDW needs to be held accountable and these Monorails need to be put to rest. The only chance there is of that is if there is widespread negative press that comes out. Knowing them though, they likely still wouldn't do anything.

I hope it gets on the trending page of Twitter and major news networks pick it up.

WDW needs to be held accountable and these Monorails need to be put to rest. The only chance there is of that is if there is widespread negative press that comes out. Knowing them though, they likely still wouldn't do anything.

Similar to the gator incident, Disney didn't put fencing/extra safety unto after all the news. So maybe if this goes viral, it'll guarantee new trains?

This whole incident is confounding to me, knowing how safety systems and interlocks are designed to operate. Someone had to have overridden one of the safety sensors to get this result. This would be grounds for termination in my company, especially if it meant risking the lives of the public.

This whole incident is confounding to me, knowing how safety systems and interlocks are designed to operate. Someone had to have overridden one of the safety sensors to get this result. This would be grounds for termination in my company, especially if it meant risking the lives of the public.

I bet they're trying to squeeze out every last second.

Door open and monorail MOVING. How the hell.

When I was a Pilot, an open door would trigger an automatic e-stop. Just a modest amount of pressure on the door would trigger an e-stop, that's why we have the famous "please stand clear of the doors" spiel to begin with. I'm wondering if the new automation system they've been installing on the trains has screwed this up. It is BEYOND time for new trains.

To be fair. If this is the straw the breaks the camels back on the monorails for Disney, what are they supposed to do in the meantime? They aren't going to just close them until a replacement is in place. They will run until there is a replacement, they completely break, or a tragedy occurs.

FYI, no triggers activated probably because the door itself was completely broken, including the triggers. Their solution at the time was to lock it shut, so it wouldn’t even open at the stations. Turns out the locking mechanism didn’t work tho,
You have to wonder, while they were going through all of that, knowing they had a faulty door, why did they let people stay in that cabin? That cabin should've been cleared completely if there were any signs of something not working right.

Those have been installed for several days/weeks now.

Weeks? You're sure about weeks? 3 days ago is the first account I've seen that was originally posted over at magic.

Still before the incident, but I'm with @Nick C. - It's proof that this was likely happening several times prior to this video taking place.

It's concerning, to say the least. Like most recalls- it's all cost analysis. How much does this bad press cost them? Less than repairing everything? Cool- lets not repair it then.

When A kid whose parents are on their phone trying to score a 4th fastpass doesn't see/read the sign and leans on the door and flies outside during a turn where the door jars open, maybe then Disney will nut up and fix the issue instead of simply putting up a sign. Jeez.