Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's more wait for SLoP until proven otherwise, than work actively happening on a SLoP ride. Something is gonna happen in 2019 because that' how Comcst rolls. So I imagine soon after FF things will heat up here or T2.

Honestly, didn't someone say that T2 wouldn't be gutted, as the new show will use that theater? I could be wrong, but I thought that's still the case.

It doesn't phase me if Universal has other options already in the cards, and would explain why Villain-Con's patents are still alive, remarkably enough. Could it still be Pets, possibly. Could it be Villain-Con, to give a short-term alternative for the park while SNW is in construction? Possibly. I don't think we should rule anything out just yet..

Honestly, didn't someone say that T2 wouldn't be gutted, as the new show will use that theater? I could be wrong, but I thought that's still the case.

It doesn't phase me if Universal has other options already in the cards, and would explain why Villain-Con's patents are still alive, remarkably enough. Could it still be Pets, possibly. Could it be Villain-Con, to give a short-term alternative for the park while SNW is in construction? Possibly. I don't think we should rule anything out just yet..

I'm certainly not ruling anything out. In fact I think SLoP seems unlikely from what I've heard, so discussion of other options is probably warranted. And while I have no sources, I hate everything about more Minions at the entrance peronsaly :lol:

I just think short term projects are very murky right now, and bet that changes once FF is behind us. Especially if response is any sort of tepid.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
T2 is being managed by Entertainment, not Creative. While it’s getting so love and infrastructure changes, I don’t see it being gutted.

And because it’s being managed by Entertainment, I feel it’s running on a timetable that’s somewhat independent from Creative’s efforts.

T2 is being managed by Entertainment, not Creative. While it’s getting so love and infrastructure changes, I don’t see it being gutted.

And because it’s being managed by Entertainment, I feel it’s running on a timetable that’s somewhat independent from Creative’s efforts.

But ultimately they are all on Comcast's timetable. So something is coming 2019. So we just don't know what it is and if it's multiple somethings :lol:

Well, considering Entertainment's recent efforts (Christmas parade, Hogwarts, etc)...It should be good

So if Creative says that they want to use the building for a ride the show will be taken out immediately?

Well, considering Entertainment's recent efforts (Christmas parade, Hogwarts, etc)...It should be good

So if Creative says that they want to use the building for a ride the show will be taken out immediately?
If Management says so, I’d imagine that would be the case. The cost-benefit decision on something like that would be approved by more than either department.

That said, there hasn’t appeared to much interest in the location by Creative.

Reactions: shiekra38
Tracked down the rumor's source, at least publicly, as far as I can tell. It was mentioned on the latest episode of Universal After Dark podcast by Christopher Ripley.

Discussion starts at 42:30:

His other rumors are hit and miss from the episode, so take with giant grains of salt of course. (Although I wouldn't mind a VR experience at CityWalk, which he talks about after the Shrek replacement talk, but sounds like he doesn't know where it would go, unless Element won't be doughnuts.)

Okay, I've spent a bit too much energy on this rumor for now. If anyone hears about it going forward, be sure to ask their source. Anything other than this podcast episode and we may actually have something. Otherwise, I'm still leaning towards SLoP personally. But I like to keep my ear out for all possibilities!

His rumors are hit or miss, period.

Also independent of the usual leak and rumor cycles.

Reactions: Legacy and jtsalien
To be clear, I never said that SLOP would be replacing Shrek. I was only told to keep my eye on Shrek, the implication being that something was going to happen soon. I never knew what that something was.
I remember someone (not sure if it was you), originally speculating that IOA would be the location of SLoP

Reactions: tankart150
So, Villian-Con as the entrance, which took place in Orlando in the Minions movie so it makes sense here I guess. Inside the area is a play area with a few flat rides. Pretty much our version of Super Silly Fun Land over at Hollywood but with a different theme.

Probably quick to build... And they’ll still have something for little ones at the park with the removal of KidZone.

Still no clue on the validity of this rumor. Just passing it along.
Someone (not an insider) just told me Villian-con is an open floor plan trackless not so dark ride. There would be 12 "vendor booths" surrounding the ride area. The vendors would be AA hosted vignettes demonstrating Villian gear like freeze rays and fart guns. Each ride you visit 9 booths at random.

It sounded a bit like Luigi's at DCA with show scenes. The guy I was talking to said there is an article on the internet (he couldn't remember the site), but they only got it partly right.

Last edited:
Someone (not an insider) just told me Villian-con is an open floor plan trackless not so dark ride. There would be 12 "vendor booths" surrounding the ride area. The vendors would be AA hosted vignettes demonstrating Villian gear like freeze rays and fart guns. Each ride you visit 9 booths at random.

It sounded a bit like Luigi's at DCA with show scenes.

That actually doesn't sound awful.... But the last thing I want at the entrance is more DM. So nothing would please me :lol:

It sounded a bit like Luigi's at DCA with show scenes. The guy I was talking to said there is an article on the internet (he couldn't remember the site), but they only got it partly right.

Wait.... what?