Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No footers or supports on that site. They are doing some pile driving. Theres some black iron pipe. Still just early site prep.

Reactions: tankart150
No footers or supports on that site. They are doing some pile driving. Theres some black iron pipe. Still just early site prep.

There could still be track on site, just not in that location. Hopefully some photos will appear in the corner between MIB and Simpsons as that's where I'd put money on the track being.

Other possible location would be next to where WnW was but I imagine that will be saved for the construction of the hotels.

That random reddit poster was either mistaken or lying.

Comparing the photos to the ones a month ago it seems all the groundwork prep is now complete and construction proper can begin soon.
Yeah, I see piles and water/sewer pipes. Maybe was at the Hogshead with too many Hog's teas prior

Reactions: Scott W.
There could still be track on site, just not in that location. Hopefully some photos will appear in the corner between MIB and Simpsons as that's where I'd put money on the track being.

Other possible location would be next to where WnW was but I imagine that will be saved for the construction of the hotels.

There is no reason to have them on site at this time. It's way too early in the process. They are months from going vertical and they wouldn't want to tie up the space for that long. I'd almost bet that the track and supports aren't even built yet unless they are being built overseas. These jobs are planned years in advance, and they plan out the storage of the materials as part of that. We probably won't see supports until a month or two after footers start getting poured.

Reactions: Scott W.
There is no reason to have them on site at this time. It's way too early in the process. They are months from going vertical and they wouldn't want to tie up the space for that long. I'd almost bet that the track and supports aren't even built yet unless they are being built overseas. These jobs are planned years in advance, and they plan out the storage of the materials as part of that. We probably won't see supports until a month or two after footers start getting poured.

I could see the track and supports arriving sooner than later.

I’m expecting the track for this to be built rapidly and then a long time to pass before opening while all the other theming and effects is added.

If it’s one thing Universal excel at, its building rides in record time.

Too, I wouldn’t be surprised if they use the old northwest load/unload for the new load and the old northeast load/unload as the new unload. The ride moving clockwise. Fun and games...

Too, I wouldn’t be surprised if they use the old northwest load/unload for the new load and the old northeast load/unload as the new unload. The ride moving clockwise. Fun and games...
just thought about that, would be very nice. i just hope it's dual loading or a continuous load just to speed things up.

It sure would be nice if one of the people on Twitter would rent a helicopter and take a trip over this plot of land.

There's really nothing to see. Still in the land prep stage. That road behind the land is still partially closed. Not gonna find any clues of vertical yet.

That is almost looking as if they intend to have a retention pond as part of the coaster experience.

Quite the opposite, actually. The pond from DD/DC is being removed. Had to put in huge pipes to redirect the water flow that used to go there.

There's really nothing to see. Still in the land prep stage. That road behind the land is still partially closed. Not gonna find any clues of vertical yet.

Quite the opposite, actually. The pond from DD/DC is being removed. Had to put in huge pipes to redirect the water flow that used to go there.

According to dewatering plans filed with the FDEP, only one of the Dragon Challenge ponds is being filled in. The other one is being enlarged.

FSKQfTs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.