Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to dewatering plans filed with the FDEP, only one of the Dragon Challenge ponds is being filled in. The other one is being enlarged.

FSKQfTs.jpg

Good find! I'll take being half right :lol:

I am starting to wonder if there will be any dark ride element to this at all. I’m not seeing signs of any foundation grading. It’s looking more like a bunch of golf course berms and mounds.
After looking at the DA and Kong construction pics, you can clearly tell where buildings are supposed to go

I can't see it with this

My big question is this, is an indoor dark ride section needed? It would certainly be unique for them

This is an example of how an outdoor ride can work while being completely themed

After looking at the DA and Kong construction pics, you can clearly tell where buildings are supposed to go

I can't see it with this

My big question is this, is an indoor dark ride section needed? It would certainly be unique for them

This is an example of how an outdoor ride can work while being completely themed

I would assume so, even if it's for one AA in particular that goes with a G.

With all this land cleaned up, i realize now, how HUGE this white backdrop is !!

What is the point for that ?

Visuals/Noises isolation for both universal and neighbors ?
And was it originally white ?

Do you think they gonna paint it like what they did for the King Kong 2d mountains ?

With all this land cleaned up, i realize now, how HUGE this white backdrop is !!

Do you think they gonna paint it like what they did for the King Kong 2d mountains ?
If I remember correctly it was dark green before Potter moved in. I figured they painted it white because A: Snow of Hogsmeade or B: The dark color was fading badly from the sun.

If they keep it, I would hope they do like they do at T-Rex Cafe and cover it with so many real trees that you don't even notice the flat backdrop being there.

And I think it was partly for keeping sound in, and partly to keep the view clean of cars driving by as seen from the ride.

Ok thanks Alicia ;)

I hope they gonna hide this behind massive amounts of greenery so !

If I remember correctly it was dark green before Potter moved in. I figured they painted it white because A: Snow of Hogsmeade or B: The dark color was fading badly from the sun.

If they keep it, I would hope they do like they do at T-Rex Cafe and cover it with so many real trees that you don't even notice the flat backdrop being there.

And I think it was partly for keeping sound in, and partly to keep the view clean of cars driving by as seen from the ride.

I am starting to wonder if there will be any dark ride element to this at all. I’m not seeing signs of any foundation grading. It’s looking more like a bunch of golf course berms and mounds.

I can't see it with this

While I'm not sure whether any new building will be put up, I think we're still too early for any indications of new building. Per the image below, here are the construction steps:

4. Install temporary storm bypass system to catch and divert stormwater from existing outfalls into the site to proposed manhole, including the pre-route for CR Philips High School (CPHS) flow. CHPS flow is pre-treated on school property therefore additional treatment will not be required.
5. Existing ponds E1 and E2 to be filled during Phase 1 construction operations. All existing storm pipe network within phase 1 construction limits to be demolished.
6. Prior to excavations for pile cap foundations, dewatering pumps will be set up for discharge. Pumps shall be equipped with a filter system to ensure water quality standards are met prior to discharge to manhole #5. Manhole #5 discharges via an existing 30 inch pipe to existing pond located on owner’s property. In addition to dewatering pumps, a well point system may be queried to achieve dewatering rates.
7. Install proposed stormwater network. Remove temporary pipes re-route pipe and install proposed 45 inch pipe and manhole 414.
8. Following installation of new stormwater network and excavations for new deep foundations, begin mass grading and excavations for the final pond E shape.
9. Begin demobilizing dewatering and excavation equipment.

FSKQfTs.jpg

Based on all of the pipes staged, I think we're somewhere in step 6 or 7, meaning we should start seeing pile cap foundations soon. Once they start mapping out those foundations we should get a better idea of any new buildings.

I always thought it was to keep the high schoolers minds on their studies rather than watching a coaster loop all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.