Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Here's a quick look at the D23 SWL model for reference to what we're looking at:
starwarsland21.jpg

I told you there were going cover that tunnel with dirt and landscape it.
I don't think there was ever any doubt.

haven't been reading this thread much but did we ever find out if Disney was gonna block ap for the first month or two when this opens.

Looks like they will use your MB in some fashion which will effect your interactions in the land.

From DP Blog:
"...One of the land’s two signature attractions will put you in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon, piloting the ship, shooting blasters or preparing for hyperspace – all while completing a critical mission. But how you perform on the mission holds even bigger stakes: perform with skill and you may earn extra galactic credits, while bringing the ship back banged up could put you on the list of a bounty hunter. End up on Harkos’s list and you may face a problem if you show up at the local cantina."
You better not screw up some fanboy's mission or you'll be in big trouble. :saywhat:

yeah, that's old news. Will be interesting to see how much it really effects your experience in the park. Seems like there would be way too many people in order for this to work well. I could see it as being as little as a name on an electronic "bounty hunter" list, when you walk in the door. I doubt they will be able to have interactive moments with cast members with every guest.

If the cantina is the sit-down restaurant as rumored, characters could come to every table like any (expensive) character dining experience. That's when they can congratulate or berate you based on your flying prowess.

Or even have it be in the queue for Battle Escape. Some sort of droid that has a dozen or so canned messages for guests as they walk through, relating to if they "won" at MF or "lost."

If that's how it ends up, I guess I need to make peace with never being able to have a meal in there. That will instantly become the toughest reservation to get at the entire resort.
Heck, you'll probably need a reservation just to get in the land, let alone the Cantina. :)

If it's a "sit down" restaurant, I'll be disappointed to be honest. A cantina is supposed to be a bar to get a drink and quick bite, not have a formal dinner that costs $30+ galaxy credits.

Can the guests that can buy extra FP and book those FP 30 days before other onsite guests - also book restaurants ahead of others?

If it's a "sit down" restaurant, I'll be disappointed to be honest. A cantina is supposed to be a bar to get a drink and quick bite, not have a formal dinner that costs $30+ galaxy credits.
Going by Hogsmede and Diagon Alley...This would be Star Wars Land's Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks, with a possible Hog's Head attached

You see...they rhyme

God, people working there are going to be SICK of the cantina theme--well, unless it's Maz's (sp?) cantina. Maybe even then it'll be played.

It is a sit down restaurant. I think there is going to be a bar as well.

If that’s the case , then most of these “guest interactions” will be reserved for people with dining reservations only. I guess that’s another way to force more folks to pay for additional experiences,
I wonder if they will up the cancellation fee.

Really? A cantina, an actual sit down restaurant? Such an iconic word (cantina) and place in the SW universe? Now an over rated/ over priced sit down restaurant? So let the stupidity parade begins. That's -2 points for SW:GE, and can someone get these idiots a Spanish dictionary, please!