Coco Ride Coming to Mexico Pavilion? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Coco Ride Coming to Mexico Pavilion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they ruin the plaza atmosphere for this, or touch the first scene of the ride in front of the pyramid...

... I won't be happy.

The restaurant kind of relies on the plaza's atmosphere to hide the fact that the food is bland. So I'd be surprised if they did that.

Reactions: belloq87
They can always take a page out of Universal's book and make it a Virtual Line.

After seeing Coco, I fully approve of this happening.

Coco has so much potential for an attraction, and if WDI can pull off something similar to what was seen of the visual style, scope, and power of the story; this will be an outstanding attraction.

After seeing Coco, I fully approve of this happening.

Coco has so much potential for an attraction, and if WDI can pull off something similar to what was seen of the visual style, scope, and power of the story; this will be an outstanding attraction.
Honestly, after seeing the movie I wish it was MORE. I'm not convinced a Grand Fiesta Tour retrofit will be able to reach that scope.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Honestly, after seeing the movie I wish it was MORE. I'm not convinced a Grand Fiesta Tour retrofit will be able to reach that scope.

And I heavily agree, and that in a strange way, I would completely not mind that entire building getting gutted to give Coco as much space as possible.

Last edited:
Also, I don't have faith that the Disney of today could create something from scratch that would match the incredible atmosphere of what's already there.

Reactions: belloq87
Shame it won’t be expanded like it should be, but at least this should have better capacity than Frozen Ever After. They would probably be better off to redo the tire Pavillon to expand the queue and upgrade the restaurant. But they have to keep the view in front of the restaurant.

I hope they at least completely gut the sets of Grand Fiesta Tour. I swear, if it's the same ride with Miguel and Hector on the screens and the plot is they're looking for Dante. :saw:

Lmao. They wouldn't dare.

I've not seen Coco yet as it doesn't release in the UK for another two weeks, but I am so hyped already for this film. I wish they could conjure up some space to not rely on a GF retrofit but like many have said, the atmosphere in the pavilion is also wonderful and wouldn't want to see that disappear for queue space.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
been hearing that it isn't doing as well as Disney would like.Maybe if they took out the 30 min frozen commercial before the movie more people would see it.

been hearing that it isn't doing as well as Disney would like.Maybe if they took out the 30 min frozen commercial before the movie more people would see it.
They took out the Frozen short film a week before The Last Jedi released.

The movie is doing fine, it’s more that it’s not moving merch, which is a worry when thinking about converting this attraction.