Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not sure whether any new building will be put up, I think we're still too early for any indications of new building. Per the image below, here are the construction steps:

4. Install temporary storm bypass system to catch and divert stormwater from existing outfalls into the site to proposed manhole, including the pre-route for CR Philips High School (CPHS) flow. CHPS flow is pre-treated on school property therefore additional treatment will not be required.
5. Existing ponds E1 and E2 to be filled during Phase 1 construction operations. All existing storm pipe network within phase 1 construction limits to be demolished.
6. Prior to excavations for pile cap foundations, dewatering pumps will be set up for discharge. Pumps shall be equipped with a filter system to ensure water quality standards are met prior to discharge to manhole #5. Manhole #5 discharges via an existing 30 inch pipe to existing pond located on owner’s property. In addition to dewatering pumps, a well point system may be queried to achieve dewatering rates.
7. Install proposed stormwater network. Remove temporary pipes re-route pipe and install proposed 45 inch pipe and manhole 414.
8. Following installation of new stormwater network and excavations for new deep foundations, begin mass grading and excavations for the final pond E shape.
9. Begin demobilizing dewatering and excavation equipment.

FSKQfTs.jpg

Based on all of the pipes staged, I think we're somewhere in step 6 or 7, meaning we should start seeing pile cap foundations soon. Once they start mapping out those foundations we should get a better idea of any new buildings.

At the bottom, where it says, "Phase IV", is that the queue line?

I know this has been said before, but this ride should honestly be 100% inside. If it's not, mostly inside, with a short outdoor area is fine I guess, but it'll be weird because I'd be willing to bet that the indoor section will be "nighttime" and at most times of the day, you'll pop out into bright sunlight. It won't ruin the ride by any means, but with the issues that IoA faces in the rain currently, it just seems stupid to build a ride that potentially will have to shut down in the rain. IoA needs rides that can run no matter the weather.

If it ends up being fully outside, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Edit - I guess I shouldn't say thoroughly disappointed, because it could still be an amazing ride, but it's a bad decision for the park.

I know this has been said before, but this ride should honestly be 100% inside. If it's not, mostly inside, with a short outdoor area is fine I guess, but it'll be weird because I'd be willing to bet that the indoor section will be "nighttime" and at most times of the day, you'll pop out into bright sunlight. It won't ruin the ride by any means, but with the issues that IoA faces in the rain currently, it just seems stupid to build a ride that potentially will have to shut down in the rain. IoA needs rides that can run no matter the weather.

If it ends up being fully outside, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Edit - I guess I shouldn't say thoroughly disappointed, because it could still be an amazing ride, but it's a bad decision for the park.

My guess is the ride will feature a short outdoor section. The ride building will be behind the new lake they are building so that it's far and hidden from the queue while part of the outdoor section being above the water. Think Tron where there's the small loop outside and then back inside.

My guess is the ride will feature a short outdoor section. The ride building will be behind the new lake they are building so that it's far and hidden from the queue while part of the outdoor section being above the water. Think Tron where there's the small loop outside and then back inside.
That'd be fine with me. Just hope they can still run it in the rain. We know Tron can because of the cover, but will this?

Looking at those plans, the only inside portion will be the existing DD/DC queue building. So pretty much just load and unload. I'm not exactly sure what that deal is on the bottom left as those plans are fuzzy, but it may be a queue building, meaning theres a slight chance that theres an inside scene at the beginning or end. Other than that, theres one small feature that I can't tell if its a tunnel or what near the NW corner. Otherwise, this is all outside. Unless a clearer version of this is accessible, it's looking like the coaster will be all outside and the only thing on that plot. If that's the case, this really is a head scratcher.

Looking at those plans, the only inside portion will be the existing DD/DC queue building. So pretty much just load and unload. I'm not exactly sure what that deal is on the bottom left as those plans are fuzzy, but it may be a queue building, meaning theres a slight chance that theres an inside scene at the beginning or end. Other than that, theres one small feature that I can't tell if its a tunnel or what near the NW corner. Otherwise, this is all outside. Unless a clearer version of this is accessible, it's looking like the coaster will be all outside and the only thing on that plot. If that's the case, this really is a head scratcher.

If it's all outside, I hope for themed supports and nothing too high. Just low to the ground.

That plan sheet is from July, and ONLY contains information pertaining to the storm water management system. The only "new" structure is the maintenance building near the Hogwarts Express station, EVERYTHING else on that sheet is existing structure/hardscape. I only posted it to show that the ponds weren't totally going away. It's from package 3, and the narrative from the sheet reads:

PACKAGE III (EARLY SITE WORKS AND DEMOLITION) NARRATIVE:
The work included in this package is the early site package for demolition, site preparation, preliminary utilities and rough grading for the main site of Project 942. Demolition includes the removal of all existing utilities, storm water ponds and its associated drainage network, existing building structures, foundations, hardscape elements and retaining walls.
The early site works and demolition package includes the addition of utilities, rough storm drainage network, the reconfigured storm water pond, and preliminary site retaining wall locations. All grades shown on these plans are finished grades and will be revised accordingly with future area development package submittals.
Preliminary electrical utilities, retaining wall design, landscape, hardscape and irrigation are excluded from this package. Ride and vertical demolition plans will be submitted concurrently to the City of Orlando under separate applications.

FUTURE PACKAGES:
Future packages will include foundations, site retaining wall design and detail, metal building structure, level 3 alteration of existing building, and complete architectural and MEP design for new buildings.
Documents for the foundation design, final architectural, interiors, life safety, MEP, fire protection/fire alarm, and area development will be issues on the next permit packages. Works include the exterior envelope, roof and the complete fit out of the interiors.

So if there are any new buildings coming, and it sounds like there are, they weren't included anywhere on that sheet because it was irrelevant information for that phase of the project.

That plan sheet is from July, and ONLY contains information pertaining to the storm water management system. The only "new" structure is the maintenance building near the Hogwarts Express station, EVERYTHING else on that sheet is existing structure/hardscape. I only posted it to show that the ponds weren't totally going away. It's from package 3, and the narrative from the sheet reads:

So if there are any new buildings coming, and it sounds like there are, they weren't included anywhere on that sheet because it was irrelevant information for that phase of the project.

EVERYTHING? So why are things like the proposed structure by the HE, the new package II building at the SW, the rectangular "bridge" or whatever it is near the NW corner, etc included if they aren't part of the Storm Water management? They certainly aren't existing. They wouldn't be showing gradient lines on the ground where there was going to be a large building foundation. They'd show the perimeter of that building as the stormwater would have to route around that. Same goes for sidewalks and queues. Thats why the proposed buildings that are shown on there are there. They can't submit a stormwater plan that doesn't account for all of the impervious surfaces. We've seen plans like these before. All of the buildings that are going to be on that plot of land are on that drawing. Unless you are suggesting that they have significantly changed plans since July.

EVERYTHING? So why are things like the proposed structure by the HE, the new package II building at the SW, the rectangular "bridge" or whatever it is near the NW corner, etc included if they aren't part of the Storm Water management? They certainly aren't existing. They wouldn't be showing gradient lines on the ground where there was going to be a large building foundation. They'd show the perimeter of that building as the stormwater would have to route around that. Same goes for sidewalks and queues. Thats why the proposed buildings that are shown on there are there. They can't submit a stormwater plan that doesn't account for all of the impervious surfaces. We've seen plans like these before. All of the buildings that are going to be on that plot of land are on that drawing. Unless you are suggesting that they have significantly changed plans since July.

It's not a storm water plan for the finished project. Its a storm water management plan for the dewatering of the area and reconfiguration of the storm water ponds.

It's not a storm water plan for the finished project. Its a storm water management plan for the dewatering of the area and reconfiguration of the storm water ponds.

Then why does it show the new building on the SW corner? Why show the proposed building by the HE? Why show whatever the rectangular structure at the NW is?

While I'm not sure whether any new building will be put up, I think we're still too early for any indications of new building. Per the image below, here are the construction steps:

4. Install temporary storm bypass system to catch and divert stormwater from existing outfalls into the site to proposed manhole, including the pre-route for CR Philips High School (CPHS) flow. CHPS flow is pre-treated on school property therefore additional treatment will not be required.
5. Existing ponds E1 and E2 to be filled during Phase 1 construction operations. All existing storm pipe network within phase 1 construction limits to be demolished.
6. Prior to excavations for pile cap foundations, dewatering pumps will be set up for discharge. Pumps shall be equipped with a filter system to ensure water quality standards are met prior to discharge to manhole #5. Manhole #5 discharges via an existing 30 inch pipe to existing pond located on owner’s property. In addition to dewatering pumps, a well point system may be queried to achieve dewatering rates.
7. Install proposed stormwater network. Remove temporary pipes re-route pipe and install proposed 45 inch pipe and manhole 414.
8. Following installation of new stormwater network and excavations for new deep foundations, begin mass grading and excavations for the final pond E shape.
9. Begin demobilizing dewatering and excavation equipment.

FSKQfTs.jpg

Based on all of the pipes staged, I think we're somewhere in step 6 or 7, meaning we should start seeing pile cap foundations soon. Once they start mapping out those foundations we should get a better idea of any new buildings.

Actually, the new lake won't be that big. The Blue outlined area is temporary. The red outlined area is the final lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.