Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dueling Dragons/ Dragon Challenge

I get what you are saying now. The location of that foundation does fit for the castle show. They just have to build taller.

And really, it would be a poor location for a tower crane for that plot unless everything was just in that one corner.
It was the staging area immediately behind the foundation pour that made me wonder. I could be totally wrong, though.

Also, anyone hearing the DC queue building might not be going away?

^ Yes, I believe HTF thought it might have been crane related but is not the case. Notice too that you can see the concrete pad for the recent platform next to the JP arch in that aerial shot. We just weren’t looking there at the time.

This projection show must have cost of fortune!

Also pretty clear that this won't be Christmas-only

I still feel this is a missed opportunity (for me)- because I’d love for them to have a full blown fantastic show there. As it stands, with as little viewing area as they have, I’m expecting small “Tree of Life Awakening” type shows vs something like “Once Upon a Time” at MK.
More “I’ll stop to watch since I was passing by” viewing than “camp out to watch” full show.

Although I fully expect these Christmas shows to require camping out due to the combination of pent up desire and limited viewing areas. But possibly throughout next year for “regular” shows, the crowds will be tolerable as long as they make the show “ok”.
Their other option is to make the show incredible- but that would also require them to expand the viewing because they would have a greater demand and potentially even more important, a longer run time.

So I’m expecting a “that was pretty neat” feeling that I get from Tree of Life. I would assume UOR feels the same way as they aren’t expanding the viewing.

Awesome. Can't wait to see that area *hopefully* littered with trees.
It will be interesting to see how they pull of the "outdoor forest" aspect...Where it begins and ends...I don't know if they've ever tackled a forest that wasn't indoors like ET or the scene in FJ

I think everyone knows that I'm not too crazy about this happening, to say the least. What really gets to me is the thought that WWoHP becoming a thing in the first place is what caused this, with the queue becoming less interesting. I would have loved to see them give it a refurb and have people "put their names" into the Goblet of Fire sort of like ET, and have the metal detectors allow for dueling it again. Needed to get this off my chest.

I think everyone knows that I'm not too crazy about this happening, to say the least. What really gets to me is the thought that WWoHP becoming a thing in the first place is what caused this, with the queue becoming less interesting. I would have loved to see them give it a refurb and have people "put their names" into the Goblet of Fire sort of like ET, and have the metal detectors allow for dueling it again. Needed to get this off my chest.

Hot take: it wasn’t the queue or lack of dueling or that it didn’t fit into the land. It was the fact you couldn’t see the thing, it had no weenie to draw you in.

I feel they wanted to do more with DD, they just couldn't at the time

Found this at a Vintage store. Curious to find out the history behind it, nothing comes up online for the shirt. Wanting any information about it such as release date, rarity, how much its currently worth etc. Hopefully someone knows a bit more than I do :)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30