Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I swear, the wait for Super Nintendo World is getting unbearable. I swear, it KidZone isn't closed by the end of this summer... :rolleyes:

Kidzone is like a Phoenix. It continues to rise from the ashes. ;):lol:....and...it's become the proverbial Universal attraction plot, "Something Terrible goes wrong, and KidZone never goes away".

Last edited:
Fun fact!

Pandora was 811 days from announcement to ground breaking. Nintendo, for Orlando, is turning 1000 on Feb 1st!

Any day now...

Man too bad Nintendo isn't opening anywhere else first.

The updates are frustrating, I get it, but Osaka is opening first. That will still be near Pandora levels of announcements and we should hold Universal to that.

So maybe we all need to calm down?

Last edited by a moderator:

The updates are frustrating, I get it, but Osaka is opening first. That will still be near Pandora levels of announcements and we should hold Universal to that.

I think its the lack of any progress ie. kid zone shutting down and demo starting, that’s really starting to boil over. I can’t wait for this land just as much as the next person but we need a little patience. (Easier said than done I know and I would be the first to admit)

It actually wasn't meant as a critique. Just context that we've been talking about and anticipating this project in an official capacity for a very long time.

If the Pandora timeline is anything to judge by (a project announced prematurely due to an outside relationship), we know we are getting awfully close.

It would be interesting to hear the true backstory of why this was delayed. Barney actors told it was ending, then all of a sudden Universal had to audition for new Barney replacement actors in October (per Touring Plans/Unofficial Guide Seth Kubersky's post back then)............I can just imagine Woody Woodpecker doing his diabolical laugh in response to this entire story line.

It would be interesting to hear the true backstory of why this was delayed. Barney actors told it was ending, then all of a sudden Universal had to audition for new Barney replacement actors in October (per Touring Plans/Unofficial Guide Seth Kubersky's post back then).

A few theories -

-Nintendo are perfectionists with their content. Either they wanted more revisions on principle, or some of their recent brand empowerment (this year was wonderful for the company) has given them more leverage OR reasons to go back to the drawing board.

-UC or someone got cold feet with D23. I don't want to accuse the company who've actually done things the past decade of being caught with their pants down, but I truly think they were caught off guard somewhat. There has been a rapid reshuffling of projects and priorities with - for whatever reason - Nintendo getting caught up in it.

-Classic reason Star Wars was held up, the board sent them back for improvements. They want more.

-Osaka could be as simple as contractor issues, but I doubt the olympics are effecting them that gravely in the South. Plus OLC is making good headway. I think the fact Osaka is also a bit held up gives more credence to late changes.

A few theories -

-Nintendo are perfectionists with their content. Either they wanted more revisions on principle, or some of their recent brand empowerment (this year was wonderful for the company) has given them more leverage OR reasons to go back to the drawing board.

-UC or someone got cold feet with D23. I don't want to accuse the company who've actually done things the past decade of being caught with their pants down, but I truly think they were caught off guard somewhat. There has been a rapid reshuffling of projects and priorities with - for whatever reason - Nintendo getting caught up in it.

-Classic reason Star Wars was held up, the board sent them back for improvements. They want more.

-Osaka could be as simple as contractor issues, but I doubt the olympics are effecting them that gravely in the South. Plus OLC is making good headway. I think the fact Osaka is also a bit held up gives more credence to late changes.
Yeah, Brian, I'm with you on this issue. :thumbsup:I think you're on to something, and I've felt the same. My thoughts are pretty close to what you're saying.

well they did announce that there was going to be an announcement but like i said before it prob wont close till winter this year or early 2019.

A few theories -

Just to clarify/reiterate again, I do not believe there has been any delays and they are not behind for Orlando... We just feel that way because we never actually knew when construction would start and all made guesses.

It’s not that work has been delayed or revised or ran into problems. Our gueses have been wrong.

As far as I’ve been hearing everything is on schedule behind the scenes. We just don’t know what that schedule is. (Same thing that happened with Dragon Challenge closing. We knew the what, it was the when we had wrong.)

I will say, the amount of work going on behind the scenes for this new land is... staggering. The amount of planning, designing for every tiny detail is just incredible.

So while we see very little, that certainly doesn't mean things aren't going full steam ahead behind the scenes.

I get it. It's frustrating. I'm frustrated as hell that they seem to be dragging their feet on quite a few big projects.

I'm hoping at this point things will get moving in a post F&F world

Maybe they're saving their announcements for when/if F&F bombs as hard as we think it's going to. While everybody is moaning about how bad it is, they distract us with a Nintendo announcement and then distract us again with a Potter announcement.

Maybe they're saving their announcements for when/if F&F bombs as hard as we think it's going to. While everybody is moaning about how bad it is, they distract us with a Nintendo announcement and then distract us again with a Potter announcement.

F&F won't "bomb". I know we all think it's a mediocre attraction, because it is, but normal guests are still gonna show up for it. Uni doesn't care if the fans think it's not a great ride as long as guests are showing up and spending money.

I will say, the amount of work going on behind the scenes for this new land is... staggering. The amount of planning, designing for every tiny detail is just incredible.

So while we see very little, that certainly doesn't mean things aren't going full steam ahead behind the scenes.

I think the fact that we "know" so much about this project while simultaneously knowing little about the schedule is what's so frustrating. But, to bring it back to my original point, Uni doesn't care. They want the land to make the biggest impact from a guest point of view, not a fanboy point of view.

Fun fact!

Pandora was 811 days from announcement to ground breaking. Nintendo, for Orlando, is turning 1000 on Feb 1st!

Any day now...

Are you saying this was announced April 23rd 2015? That seems wrong? Very wrong?

Lol it was May 7th... Ooops I forgot to carry the 1. Time flies when you're having fun :D

Last edited: