Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

I know there's been talk of how quiet of things seem on the Universal front lately (at least in terms of announcements) but Bio's last update really reminded me of how much they have in motion right now! Love it, but really looking forward to more info on any of the projects.

I know there's been talk of how quiet of things seem on the Universal front lately (at least in terms of announcements) but Bio's last update really reminded me of how much they have in motion right now! Love it, but really looking forward to more info on any of the projects.
I mean, if this were 2008, we'd be pumped that Universal was getting a new ride, and a new Citywalk restaurant haha...We've become rather spoiled I feel at the moment...If you go to the parks, Universal is anything but quiet

Looking at bioreconstruct’s photos, I notIced the sandy beach at the back of the park has been replaced by a grass berm. Interestingly, two trees near the edge of the lake were left standing, although the shrubbery around them was removed. The pad for the Beach Club is still there, and it no longer hangs over the lake due to the berm installation. It also looks like there is still the one backstage building left on the waterpark side, and of course all of the buildings on the parking lot side are still there.

Looking at bioreconstruct’s photos, I notIced the sandy beach at the back of the park has been replaced by a grass berm. Interestingly, two trees near the edge of the lake were left standing, although the shrubbery around them was removed. The pad for the Beach Club is still there, and it no longer hangs over the lake due to the berm installation. It also looks like there is still the one backstage building left on the waterpark side, and of course all of the buildings on the parking lot side are still there.

The building on the waterpark side is almost certainly going to be used as the construction office rather than bringing trailers in.

I did some digging on the FAA site to see if there were any new Universal related cases, and sure enough, there were several for Project 370, the hotel going on the former Wet n Wild park side of the road.

It appears the hotel on that side will consist of two 10-story towers and a four level parking garage. The work schedule aims for a July 2019 completion date.

Below are images of the FAA OE/AAA cases for the towers and parking garage:

West Tower
YWHYKey.png

East Tower
3FWoWBj.png

Parking Garage
ZOx5CrW.png

There were also cases for the cranes that will soon be erected on the site to assemble the towers. I won't bore you by adding three more of the same type of images, so the relevant details are:

Parking Garage Crane Schedule:
02/19/2018 - 04/05/2018

East Tower Crane Schedule:
04/30/2018 - 08/31/2018

West Tower Crane Schedule:
05/07/2018 - 10/12/2018

I didn't see anything for the hotel on the former Wet n Wild parking lot side of the road yet, but I'm sure they'll show up shortly.

I did some digging on the FAA site to see if there were any new Universal related cases, and sure enough, there were several for Project 370, the hotel going on the former Wet n Wild park side of the road.

It appears the hotel on that side will consist of two 10-story towers and a four level parking garage. The work schedule aims for a July 2019 completion date.

West Tower
YWHYKey.png

East Tower
3FWoWBj.png

Parking Garage
ZOx5CrW.png

There were also cases for the cranes that will soon be erected on the site to assemble the towers. I won't bore you by adding three more of the same type of images, so the relevant details are:

02/19/2018 - 04/05/2018

04/30/2018 - 08/31/2018

05/07/2018 - 10/12/2018

I didn't see anything for the hotel on the former Wet n Wild parking lot side of the road yet, but I'm sure they'll show up shortly.

Good find! :thumbsup:

West Tower
YWHYKey.png

East Tower
3FWoWBj.png

Parking Garage
ZOx5CrW.png

02/19/2018 - 04/05/2018

04/30/2018 - 08/31/2018

05/07/2018 - 10/12/2018

Awesome work. Thank you

One more small update. Plans were filed with the SFWMD today, so we can now see exactly what they plan on building on the water park side of the site. Not surprisingly, it looks exactly like the concept art released and very similar to the initial documents filed with the City of Orlando. I've also included a brief overview of the project from the geotechnical report.

Project 370 is to be built on the west side of the overall Wet & Wild property in what was the
former water park. The property under consideration occupies a plan area of approximately
11 +/- acres.

Project 370 will include a series of low to high-rise buildings constructed throughout the site.
The high-rise buildings will be located in towers that are for resort units. The resort will also
have several two-story buildings for check in, kitchen services and back of house facilities
plus low-rise decks for vehicle parking. Prior to the start of work, we were provided with
preliminary layout plans for the project as well as typical foundation loads for the various
construction elements. We have also discussed the project with representatives of Universal
Creative and Finfrock. Finfrock will be designing and constructing the resort towers and
elevated garage of precast concrete.

w59DHU3.jpg

I don't see a bus stop location. Unless they just intend on using the lobby entrance area.
Based on everything there, it pretty much has to be the lobby area, in the garage, or that yellow loop at the left . The busses would have to enter at the South East off Universal. After picking up guests, they would want to turn right on International Blvd. They could be putting a traffic light at the traffic light at Universal, but it still would slow them down on exit.

One more small update. Plans were filed with the SFWMD today, so we can now see exactly what they plan on building on the water park side of the site. Not surprisingly, it looks exactly like the concept art released and very similar to the initial documents filed with the City of Orlando. I've also included a brief overview of the project from the geotechnical report.

w59DHU3.jpg

So that pool now looks like a surfboard..and not something else..

The parking spaces around the lot don't make much sense to me considering the sizable garage.
Cabana Bay's parking lot gets packed still and they have two garages (albeit smaller than what will be at this hotel).

However, it can't hurt to have more parking at the hotel. There has to be a place for employees to park as well without encroaching on guest space, which is a lot of the reason why CBBR has such a problem with parking.

I think the surface lot on the left is short term parking (no gates). The surface lot on the right (along Universal Blvd.) is for the folks staying in Wing A & B so they don't have to walk all the way to the garage. I believe the bus loop is on the far left on Int'l Drive.

Looking at the way the garage is laid out looks as if the first floor will have a bus area. If not the case, it’s odd that Uni didn’t plan a bus area since they would need it in the long term, similar to how Cabana Bay has.

Looking at the way the garage is laid out looks as if the first floor will have a bus area. If not the case, it’s odd that Uni didn’t plan a bus area since they would need it in the long term, similar to how Cabana Bay has.
Either the base of the Garagre (the new trend recently) or the lobby area with the extra wide roundabout lanes will hold busing. I'm thinking near the garage where it says bus parking and has wider area for turns is where buses will be which is off of International Drive. But I'm thinking it would be easier for the buses to access Universal Blvd as an entry/exit way as opposed to International Drive.