Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

He's not very knowledgeable. It's obvious that he's only ever been to WDW and he basically just copy/pastes content and rumors from other sites. But at least he's not as bad as Fresh Baked.

I disagree. He's as knowledgable as anyone else here who isn't an insider and is just reading what the insiders tell us. On top of that he never claims the photos or information as his own and always cites his sources. Mainly though it's the killer dissolves and area highlighting that he does that makes it a lot easier to understand placement and stuff on upcoming projects.
it's a great way to get the current scoop without having to sift through hundreds of pages of threads!

how do you guys think marvel land will work at disney California adventure and what kinda of shops and food/restaurant and rides etc we will get

You asked this question before, and we've already answered that to you more than once..

To answer it again, it seems like as far as rides, Captain America (in some form) and Spider-Man (in some form) will have rides in some form. And that in theory, we should expect to see it take over Bugs Land, and the expansion plot behind Guardians of The Galaxy and Cars Land.

You asked this question before, and we've already answered that to you more than once..

To answer it again, it seems like as far as rides, Captain America (in some form) and Spider-Man (in some form) will have rides in some form. And that in theory, we should expect to see it take over Bugs Land, and the expansion plot behind Guardians of The Galaxy and Cars Land.
What about the shops and restaurants/food etc

I find it odd Disney would go for a Spider-Man attraction knowing Universal’s is one of the most innovative theme park attractions ever. IMO they’d be better off going with an Ant Man attraction, then adding Spider-Man once Universal is forced to change MSHI.

I find it odd Disney would go for a Spider-Man attraction knowing Universal’s is one of the most innovative theme park attractions ever. IMO they’d be better off going with an Ant Man attraction, then adding Spider-Man once Universal is forced to change MSHI.

From what I've read about their take on Spider-Man, it sounds promising plus like you've said, Spider-Man at IOA is in my opinion, the greatest ride ever made and Disney will no doubt have their A Team working night and day to try and top it as the comparisons are going to happen.

Disney can't wait to build a Spider-Man ride if they think Universal will remove theirs because it's not going to happen unless Disney offer Universal an incredible offer.

From what I've read about their take on Spider-Man, it sounds promising plus like you've said, Spider-Man at IOA is in my opinion, the greatest ride ever made and Disney will no doubt have their A Team working night and day to try and top it as the comparisons are going to happen.

Disney can't wait to build a Spider-Man ride if they think Universal will remove theirs because it's not going to happen unless Disney offer Universal an incredible offer.
It also doesn't sound like Disney is going to try and top IOAs Spider-Man as it's supposedly going to be the D-ticket to The Avengers E-ticket.

It also doesn't sound like Disney is going to try and top IOAs Spider-Man as it's supposedly going to be the D-ticket to The Avengers E-ticket.

This is what seems risky about the idea of doing a Spider-Man attraction while Universal still has theirs: if they don’t top it - or in this case don’t even try to - Disney is risking backlash from the general public and giving UO free publicity with their “better” Spider-Man attraction.

I think, in the not too distant future, Disney will be itching to add more Marvel attractions to WDW and will pay a huge buy out to Universal.

This is what seems risky about the idea of doing a Spider-Man attraction while Universal still has theirs: if they don’t top it - or in this case don’t even try to - Disney is risking backlash from the general public and giving UO free publicity with their “better” Spider-Man attraction.

I think, in the not too distant future, Disney will be itching to add more Marvel attractions to WDW and will pay a huge buy out to Universal.
There's also no Spider-Man ride on the West Coast though and let's be honest, the VAST majority don't go to both Orlando and LA/Anaheim for theme parks.

I think this will be a non-issue, and only be made to be one by people on #ThemeParkTwitter

There's also no Spider-Man ride on the West Coast though and let's be honest, the VAST majority don't go to both Orlando and LA/Anaheim for theme parks.

I think this will be a non-issue, and only be made to be one by people on #ThemeParkTwitter

I think this is the major point about this land. If Spider-Man existed in USH then this would be a totally different situation. Everybody can also scream and shout about WDW needing Marvel but they don't need or want it with Marvel just up the road.

Worst case scenario, we get a great Spider-Man on the east coast and an ok Spider-Man on the west coast. Best case scenario, we have two excellent Spider-Man rides which aren't clones of each other.

GP is not going to care which Spider-man Ride will be better. You’d be amazed how many people I know don’t even realize that ride exists. Some of them think Harry Potter is at Disney World!

GP is not going to care which Spider-man Ride will be better. You’d be amazed how many people I know don’t even realize that ride exists. Some of them think Harry Potter is at Disney World!

People are gonna start comparisons between Disney's Spider-Man and Universal Orlando's Spider-Man though.

People are gonna start comparisons between Disney's Spider-Man and Universal Orlando's Spider-Man though.
Yeah like 2% of them. Trust me, the GP doesn’t care. You would be AMAZED at how ignorant they are of theme parks. Almost all of my friends are.

They literally thought Galaxy’s Edge opened a while back when they were promoting Seasons of the Force and got that confused. A few people I know thought Mission Breakout opened at USH.

The majority is not gonna care, but I think Disney will still want to top it.

Yeah like 2% of them. Trust me, the GP doesn’t care. You would be AMAZED at how ignorant they are of theme parks. Almost all of my friends are.

They literally thought Galaxy’s Edge opened a while back when they were promoting Seasons of the Force and got that confused. A few people I know thought Mission Breakout opened at USH.

The majority is not gonna care, but I think Disney will still want to top it.

Freak is right. Take it from someone who's worked at the Disneyland Resort for a few years. Unless they're theme park enthusiasts, they probably have no idea what Islands of Adventure even is. The GP doesn't typically concern themselves with theme parks 3000 miles away.

What kind of food would you guys want to see or eat at marvel land

To say this, nothing pops out of Marvel on a Dining/retail stand-point.

There will, be dining and Retail, but I don't think we should expect anything themed (as there isn't really anything you can bring that's food from any Marvel IP without it just coming across generic).

You seem to think that people will have money to do both Universal Orlando and Disneyland Resort. The GP will mostly not care, outside of a small minority that will only really consist of people like here on the forums and other areas.

We need to dial expectations for Spider-Man IMO, as I don't see them topping Amazing Adventures from Orlando/Osaka.

Freak makes a good point. I’m a scareactor at Universal during HHN, and many of my friends and family often ask me, “What’s it like working at Disney?”

My previous observation was more about pointing out the risk involved (even if it’s just with us fans), and how Disney could easily avoid comparisons by using Ant-Man, or a different Marvel property.