Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

If that is the first scene of the ride, then I would imagine we will be turning right under the Sullivan sign?
That'd be my guess. With the same crab-steering capability as Skull Island our big bus can take a sharp turn like that no problem.

And blue party lighting inside the building matches the first musion scene from Hollywood's version.

I actually do enjoy the ideas of the pre-shows for this. It's already a longer attraction because of it, slightly more reminiscent of Earthquake/Disaster, will help the virtual queues, etc. If they do them well, like Fallon, the ride portion may be our least favorite aspect of the whole thing.

I actually do enjoy the ideas of the pre-shows for this. It's already a longer attraction because of it, slightly more reminiscent of Earthquake/Disaster, will help the virtual queues, etc. If they do them well, like Fallon, the ride portion may be our least favorite aspect of the whole thing.

I'd agree with this in theory, but the concept art indicates this will be nothing more than canned/poorly acted & scripted performances by the actors on digital screens. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm getting much more of a Stitch's Great Escape vibe minus the neat sci-fi and animatronics.

I wonder what people are saying about this ride internally...Like "oh well, just get it open"...Or "This is going to push the theme park industry foreword"....I hope it's the first one, or we're in trouble

I'm sure it's neither and they're just hoping for another 4% or larger attendance boost like it gave them in USH.

I wonder what people are saying about this ride internally...Like "oh well, just get it open"...Or "This is going to push the theme park industry foreword"....I hope it's the first one, or we're in trouble

Honestly, I am thinking that overall on the larger scope, they'll see an attendance boost by a small percent by this but not too much. Honestly, I get the vibe that they are going to market Supercharged along with the new USF Nighttime show and Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle along with Volcano Bay as a whole, saying for guests to spend more time at UOR.

I just think people are going to be like "oh, well it's another attraction."

As large as F&F might seem, it is no Harry Potter of Jurassic Park or even Konf, so I expect people to be thrilled about this new addition; but they also won't expect much. Kinda like how people received Jimmy Fallon. I could be really ignorant in saying this though, so don't take my word

They'll be able to sell merchandise related to the ride and replaced a ride on its last legs. I'm sure no matter what the reception is it will be seen as an improvement over Disaster and worth the investment. They could try to push the pushing industry forward BS if they really want to (it's not like they're going to say their own new ride is crap) but just get it open to help the park before Nintendo comes around.

As I've said previously, I'm not excited about the F&F attraction. It's not really my fav type of IP and I don't care much for the Hollywood version. My expectations are low, but I hope they are proven wrong. Hopefully it gets plussed close to how well Kong was plussed. That said, F&F is an extremely popular IP with the public. It's a true E ticket attraction, not a filler D ticket like Fallon (which I really like, but Fallon wasn't really intended to drive attendance). F&F is a car attraction too. Kids & teens love those. Kong and its screens get some hate on the internet. Seems like internet people either love it or hate it (I love it). But the general public still throngs to Kong. It's been open close to two years now, and on any given day, it generally has the longest or second longest stand by times at either Universal park. And Kong has pretty high capacity (1900 plus an hour with max 4 vehicles running), so those long lines say a lot. It doesn't have the low capacity that most of WDW's new rides are cursed with. So to compare F&F with Kong is really saying that people will jam it for rides, and F&F should have that same large capacity which is a big plus for the park. Bottom line, I believe F&F will drive attendance ( but not Potter level of course) and sell a real lot of merchandise. Tourists will flock to the attraction and it will have the benefit of a significant Grand Opening, which Kong was robbed of due to the Pulse tragedy. Theme park purists probably will be meh about the attraction's merits, but it will be popular with the tourists staying and spending big time at Universal on site hotel resorts....And did I mention it will sell lots and lots and lots of merchandise. :)

Last edited: