TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just can’t see Space Mountain going down for a refurb before Tron opens. Tron will at least take the place of Space while it goes down.

The dream rehab here would be a total track replacement using the RMC raptor track. Similar seating layout with a silky smooth ride experience. Take it a step further and some projections onto the flat surface and it will feel like something completely new.

I just can’t see Space Mountain going down for a refurb before Tron opens. Tron will at least take the place of Space while it goes down.

The dream rehab here would be a total track replacement using the RMC raptor track. Similar seating layout with a silky smooth ride experience. Take it a step further and some projections onto the flat surface and it will feel like something completely new.
I don't see it as likely, but it would be the preferable option. SW:GE will have just opened in you close it in early 2020 and the MK Theatre should be open too, which will take about 2,000 per show.

It would suck for the short term, but ripping off the band-aid is the way to go and would be best for the long term.

Reactions: Jones14
I don't see it as likely, but it would be the preferable option. SW:GE will have just opened in you close it in early 2020 and the MK Theatre should be open too, which will take about 2,000 per show.

It would suck for the short term, but ripping off the band-aid is the way to go and would be best for the long term.

With the rumours about the Speedway getting a tron makeover before Tron opens, they could be as well just shutting that whole area to speed things up. Depending on how long it could take, I can't see them doing it during the summer season but opening Tron, Space Mountain and the new Speedway would be a great triple whammy for the 50th.

The other thing is that they’ll have a brand new Rat in Epcot to show for, and if they ever get going on a Stitch replacement they could have that ready too. If DHS can survive with four rides for a year, MK can survive, particularly if they’re proactive about it now.

So 3.5(ish) years from ground-breaking to opening. Anybody have any feeling for where that ranks in terms of build times for singular attractions?

It does seem a little long, but don't they need to move the railroad tracks as well as the Tommorowland Speedway too?

The Speedway is staying as is and it looks like the train will go under the building but this is early concept art so I doubt it will happen like that

Tron-1068x480.jpg

Whats awesome about that pic- is there will be a time (very rarely, like the Hen/Boat scene in Splash Mountain)- where you'll be able to be on the outdoor portion while the train is going under you. That'd be fun.

The Speedway is staying as is and it looks like the train will go under the building but this is early concept art so I doubt it will happen like that

Tron-1068x480.jpg
Part of the speedway is going. It was shown in the first permits:

mk-east-side-permit-tron-building-outline.jpg

The Speedway overhaul is rumored to be a 2020 project with the cars switching to Electric with a TRON theme. So technically, the Speedway will be the first Tron attraction to open should plans go ahead as planned.

Part of the speedway is going. It was shown in the first permits:

mk-east-side-permit-tron-building-outline.jpg

The Speedway overhaul is rumored to be a 2020 project with the cars switching to Electric with a TRON theme. So technically, the Speedway will be the first Tron attraction to open should plans go ahead as planned.

I think my confusion was coming from the rumours before the announcement. I think most people thought it was replacing the Speedway. The Speedway is in desperate need of some love.

They're really wasting no time.

This is also a prime example of how well trees can hide things which should hopefully come into play with the Potter coaster.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
The cool part about TRON compared to pretty much all other on-going Disney projects is that there's no hiding this. We should eventually be able to easily see this both from within the park and out on the road where this was taken (headed back towards MK cast parking).