Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With JP (at USH) being one of the most expensive theme park rides ever to be built, even in 1995/96 dollars. With a dollar figure, I will not release. The maintenance on this ride is equally as pricey, I doubt any major changes will ever come to this attraction. The Jeep Gag as it is technically called was one of the worst designs ever. It just keeps bashing itself over and over and that's why it hardly ever works. The dinosaurs as many of you know was a challenge to get into this attraction from day one and even more costly to replace if USH ever decides to do it. T-Rex 2 is another story which might be why this was an abrupt rehab. That dinosaur alone (when it breaks) is very and I mean VERY costly to put back into the show. But as it's the finale to the ride, its something that the parks operating budget has to take a hit.

The most important part and the reason why this attraction has to stay (for now) is that it was custom to the location as to where it sits. That in itself is the key and the most critical reason why it will stay there and probably never (never say never) move.

Your thoughts? :popcorn:

Have you ever watched Spazzmaster’s restrospective of the parks, more specifically when he talks about this ride?:

He mentions how he suspects that them not refurbishing this is more out of laziness than cost-saving. Agree or disagree, it is tragic what has happened. These animatronics were (and still) toe-to-toe with what Disney could do, maybe even better. And that’s not me saying that out of Nostalgia; I’m sure the video that shows this back in 1996 is still here but I’ll just post this for those who don’t want to search:

I’m trying to see this on all sides. Maybe it is a cost issue. Regardless, I hope they don’t replace this. That would be even more expensive to do than replacing the animatronics.

Reactions: Scott W.
Have you ever watched Spazzmaster’s restrospective of the parks, more specifically when he talks about this ride?:

He mentions how he suspects that them not refurbishing this is more out of laziness than cost-saving. Agree or disagree, it is tragic what has happened. These animatronics were (and still) toe-to-toe with what Disney could do, maybe even better. And that’s not me saying that out of Nostalgia; I’m sure the video that shows this back in 1996 is still here but I’ll just post this for those who don’t want to search:

I’m trying to see this on all sides. Maybe it is a cost issue. Regardless, I hope they don’t replace this. That would be even more expensive to do than replacing the animatronics.

I love seeing that my 1997 video is as popular as ever for proof of the quality of this ride. It was awesome when it opened and I am proud to have caught it operating damn near perfectly. :)

Word has it that this January 2018 refurb is very minor. Expect a heavy duty refurb in September 2018. This ride is not going anywhere.
Well, yeah. Of course the ride is not going anywhere. No one was expecting this to leave haha. I’m interested in what you mean by “heavy duty.”

While waiting in line to enter the park somebody asked "Is JP closed?" and a worker replied saying, "Yes it is currently being refurbished but something big is happening to it towards the end of the summer which will cause it to close."

Does anybody have an idea as to what this could possibly mean? A possibly JW layover?

EDIT: Could it just be a rumor between employees?

While waiting in line to enter the park somebody asked "Is JP closed?" and a worker replied saying, "Yes it is currently being refurbished but something big is happening to it towards the end of the summer which will cause it to close."

Does anybody have an idea as to what this could possibly mean? A possibly JW layover?

EDIT: Could it just be a rumor between employees?
Possible tie in with Jurassic world? I live in Florida so I can only guess as our Jurassic is open

I love seeing that my 1997 video is as popular as ever for proof of the quality of this ride. It was awesome when it opened and I am proud to have caught it operating damn near perfectly. :)

This makes me really sad actually. I was there when IOA opened, and also saw it in top form. Every time I ride it now, I have always thought it wasn't quite as impressive as the first time I rode it. Now I have actual PROOF!. It's a real shame that they have toned down a number of animations. I had completely forgotten that the car fell until I saw that video. I do think the T-rex at the end is slightly scarier now though.

Moving this to the proper thread, it's seeming that via by @k_peek_2000, they may be moving on with a major refurbishment/renovation of the Jurassic Park River Adventure. I will also add some validity that a lone while back, I got wind of this happening as-well, but it seems more that it's just of the matter of wrong time/place (Similar to DC perhaps where it was a manner of not counting the right time).

Wait. There's a T-Rex that pokes it's head down from the ceiling?! I rode this last summer and I do NOT remember that at all.