Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

wait so 2.5 d or will it just be 2d screens.

Looks like 2D. Disney will likely be the first to make a 2.5D ride with the Mickey Mouse attraction unless Universal use the wording here.

The family in that video aren't wearing 3D glasses just regular old sunglasses because they're 'cool' and 'hip' and 'with it' or whatever other adjective the creative people wanted to convey.

Looks like 2D. Disney will likely be the first to make a 2.5D ride with the Mickey Mouse attraction unless Universal use the wording here.

The family in that video aren't wearing 3D glasses just regular old sunglasses because they're 'cool' and 'hip' and 'with it' or whatever other adjective the creative people wanted to convey.
And, it's pretty much necessary to wear shades in the Florida sun. I rarely ever go outside during the day without them.

What the heck is 2.5 and 2D?

2.5D is BS marketing: it’s projection mapped surfaces on articulating joints. There is nothing about the projections that will simulate depth.

True but you almost never see sunglasses in Universal adverts.

We are REALLY looking way too much into this.

If F&F shortens the line for Gringotts...it will have done its job.

I think the effects on any ride would be negligible, honestly.

And regarding Gringotts and Diagon Alley, I actually fear this will increase the congestion in those areas slightly. Considering it's a virtual queue, if someone has- lets use 30 minutes as an example- left on their time, they might decide to just wonder around Diagon Alley while they wait for their time to come up. They certainly aren't going to go get in line at Despicable me or MIB.

DI being so close to F&F might have adverse effects. Again, it will likely be negligible- but if I see it doing anything- I see it increasing congestion instead of relieving it.

I've said it once and I'll say it again- Doing a virtual queue on this ride was stupid and short-sighted. And if demand for the ride (i.e.- attendance growth) outweighs what the pre-show queues will hold, then it's going to actually make lines worse for other rides.

Went on a tour for my schools Grad Bash preview (our Grad Bash being April 13). Our guide noted that it "may be open" similar to how Jimmy Fallon was last year (which ended up being open).

Last edited:
I think the effects on any ride would be negligible, honestly.

And regarding Gringotts and Diagon Alley, I actually fear this will increase the congestion in those areas slightly. Considering it's a virtual queue, if someone has- lets use 30 minutes as an example- left on their time, they might decide to just wonder around Diagon Alley while they wait for their time to come up. They certainly aren't going to go get in line at Despicable me or MIB.

DI being so close to F&F might have adverse effects. Again, it will likely be negligible- but if I see it doing anything- I see it increasing congestion instead of relieving it.

I've said it once and I'll say it again- Doing a virtual queue on this ride was stupid and short-sighted. And if demand for the ride (i.e.- attendance growth) outweighs what the pre-show queues will hold, then it's going to actually make lines worse for other rides.
The good news is they finally gave in and added a regular standby line for Fallon and this one will open with a standby line from the start. So there still will be lots of folks tied up in line for this to compensate for all the ones that get return times and never show up.

2.5D is BS marketing: it’s projection mapped surfaces on articulating joints. There is nothing about the projections that will simulate depth.

We are REALLY looking way too much into this.

It is perfectly possible to create depth with a 2D image however.

We probably are looking way too much into this but seeing as there is nothing else to talk about for Universal, everybody's efforts get concentrated on this.

The good news is they finally gave in and added a regular standby line for Fallon and this one will open with a standby line from the start. So there still will be lots of folks tied up in line for this to compensate for all the ones that get return times and never show up.

That's certainly good news. When they said "Virtual" I thought they were insane, especially with everything closing- this will help quite a bit.

In particular because the average theme park goer is ignorant as it gets when it comes to touring. They'll see the standby line and just go get in line- not even thinking

That's certainly good news. When they said "Virtual" I thought they were insane, especially with everything closing- this will help quite a bit.

In particular because the average theme park goer is ignorant as it gets when it comes to touring. They'll see the standby line and just go get in line- not even thinking
I was there two weeks ago and it was so slow they didn't even offer Virtual Line return times for Fallon. Only standby (and Express) was open. It was nice. And simple.

I'm no fan of Virtual line. Hope it doesn't make it to many more than a handful of attractions...........Also, anyone notice it doesn't appear they're doing the line time reservations for Pteryodactal Flyers anymore. I've seen the old time varying standby times on the apps the last couple of months instead of the low flat rate reservation times. Anyone know for sure if they quit those time reservations?

I'm no fan of Virtual line. Hope it doesn't make it to many more than a handful of attractions...........Also, anyone notice it doesn't appear they're doing the line time reservations for Pteryodactal Flyers anymore. I've seen the old time varying standby times on the apps the last couple of months instead of the low flat rate reservation times. Anyone know for sure if they quit those time reservations?

I think it only works for new or highly popular attractions. If every ride is virtual line, it creates a lot of traffic when people would usually be waiting in line.

It kind of works of VB because people can go into the lazy rivers or wave pool.

Pteradon Flyers was doing virtual line during Christmas week.