Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Well we know that Stranger Things and Nightmare on Elm Street were already locked and designed... my guess is they also are working on Trick ‘r Treat, AHS, & IT; and that the “brilliant collaborator” might be Jason Blum due to the fact the Halloween script is most likely finalized by now

Halloween has already begun production.

So an idea I had for an original house, as posted on HNN:

Don't know if this would be too "taboo," but I think a house aboard a plane could be scary--maybe it somehow drifts into some nightmarish alternate dimension, a la Twilight Zone? The very few times I've flown, it really felt like being in an alternate dimension.
-----------------------------------
So it sounds like the IPs are fairly set: AHS Cult, Blumhouse Halloween, NoES (unlikely but would love to see them continue the Sleepwell storyline), TrT, Stranger Things and It.

I assume we'll start getting whispers of what the originals will be around April? Seems like that was the case last year.

Last edited:
So an idea I had for an original house, as posted on HNN:

Don't know if this would be too "taboo," but I think a house aboard a plane could be scary--maybe it somehow drifts into some nightmarish alternate dimension, a la Twilight Zone? The very few times I've flown, it really felt like being in an alternate dimension.
-----------------------------------
So it sounds like the IPs are fairly set: AHS Cult, Blumhouse Halloween, NoES (unlikely but would love to see them continue the Sleepwell storyline), TrT, Stranger Things and It.

I assume we'll start getting whispers of what the originals will be around April? Seems like that was the case last year.

Judging off of last year I’m just gonna assume details about originals are gonna come out whenever Ifrit wants to give hints.

Originals are always the last to leak. Mostly because the IPs require more work on the front end to lock rights.

True; I’m excited to see how this year turns out since it seems like a really good IP lineup, comparable to 17, 19, & 26. I’m also really curious to see what original houses and scare zones they bring(here’s hoping for a Nightengales sequel)

Well we know that Stranger Things and Nightmare on Elm Street were already locked and designed... my guess is they also are working on Trick ‘r Treat, AHS, & IT; and that the “brilliant collaborator” might be Jason Blum due to the fact the Halloween script is most likely finalized by now
Legit asking - is stranger things locked? Like 100% we are sure?

My wife and I watched the movie before going. Enjoyed that zone more than anything last year. Was ABSOLUTLEY stunning and well themed. Enjoyed the environment so much

I’d imagine that in the zone and possible House most of the scares would be driven by the zombie kids

… I’m hoping by lost the only property you mean is The Conjuring?

Legacy seems to be generalizing. I wouldn’t read too much into his statement. Every year things are locked down, and every year things are lost; plenty of time for both to still happen.

Curious if we are getting a replacement for Bill and Ted, or if AoV will be the only show this year. I know last year they had an elaborate tie in to Festival of the Deadliest that was destroyed by Irma. It’d be interesting if they tried this concept again.

Last edited: